Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gave up cigarettes.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Gave up cigarettes.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:45 PM

72 hours so far.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing you started now,

Jul 30, 2018, 3:46 PM

and last week when we were cycling out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But you have that craving after meals.....and after...

Jul 30, 2018, 3:47 PM

#####. But with an avatar like that, maybe not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:49 PM

That's Brian Stelter, who I maintain is the personification of Mr. Potato Head.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:50 PM

related to Alka and Gimme? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: But you have that craving after meals.....and after... ]

Tater gone? Now a small tiger paw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Gave up cigarettes.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:49 PM

each time you dont give in it gets a little easier and soon not smoking becomes a habit. YOu only have to get by the next craving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was traveling in Tibet 20 yrs ago.. last time I Smoked also

Jul 30, 2018, 5:06 PM

A monk came up to me and said he sensed I was having trouble with an aspect of my life. I confided in him, I had been trying to stop smoking for some time. He then gave me the answer to the problem.

He said, I guarantee this will work my son, it has never failed. Just don’t light the dayam thing.

Keep up the good work and remain strong!***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post has nothing to do with Clemson football.***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Your post has nothing to do with Clemson football.***

Jul 30, 2018, 4:32 PM

Clemson Football is " Smoking "... so I disagree.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Disagree because during Clemson football games is

Jul 30, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Your post has nothing to do with Clemson football.*** ]

when I cheat and smoke a few.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.....***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your post has nothing to do with Clemson football.***

Jul 30, 2018, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Your post has nothing to do with Clemson football.*** ]

Sure it does. Now we won't mind having him tailgate in our lot!

12 step recovery board...>>>>>>>>>>>

Jul 30, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Your post has nothing to do with Clemson football.*** ]

...and here’s a song for your journey,

“Patches, I’m depending on you.......”

LOL

Congrats, and stay strong! Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give up on nicotine too (cold turkey, no substitute), or just give up cigarettes specifically (i.e. but may vape, or dip)??

Cold turkey and regular chewing gum...***

Jul 30, 2018, 3:58 PM

Re: Cold turkey and regular chewing gum...***

Jul 30, 2018, 4:00 PM

Awesome...good luck with it. Main thing is watch it when drinking...that was always my crutch point it became really hard when I tried. I vape nowadays, so at least off actual cigarettes.

Put em down 4 years ago and never looked back! Your lungs and your wallet will appreciate you! It gets easier! The best decision of your life.

Jul 30, 2018, 4:01 PM

Are you on twitter? Keep up the good work!

I put about 8 of those patches that pull out the nicotine on

Jul 30, 2018, 4:04 PM

my back, and I never have cravings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Quit 35 years ago. Eventually hated the smell of cigs.***

Jul 30, 2018, 4:29 PM

Jul 30, 2018, 4:54 PM

hang in there and congrats keep it going

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 5:12 PM

Hang in there pal. I did it 21 years ago the 25 of this month. Hardest thing I ever did. Keep your mind occupied and stay away from those who smoke for at least a week. Pray and God will give you strength.

I quit

Jul 30, 2018, 5:24 PM

13 years ago. Cold turkey. 1 to 1-1/2 packs/day. I spent 12 years as a smoker but I was determined not to come home off of my second deployment as a smoker. Chewed the heck out some sunflower seeds for a couple of months but I made it. Hang in there. You’re stronger than the urge to smoke.

Jul 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

don't think of yourself as a smoker trying to quit. think of yourself as a non-smoker.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 5:29 PM

Dropped it 7 years ago after smoking for 15. Believe that like others have said, it does get easier.

Jul 30, 2018, 5:43 PM

17 years +. Best thing I ever did. I would likely be dead now otherwise. Don't give up. If you fail, keep trying.

Jul 30, 2018, 5:45 PM

I promise you, get hold of some grapefruit juice. Everytime you get a craving drink some of the juice.

It really worked for me. Nobody wants a smoke after grapefruit juice. I smoked for 40 years.

Now I only use crack...and heroin...but no smokes! Yay me!!! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 6:55 PM

68 YEARS so far. I might start in a few years when I get old enough. They might stunt my growth. Oh wait...

Me too and I also cut out beer, liquor, wine and women.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:28 PM

Now I'm cutting out paper dolls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

31 years for me...you can do it...Nicorette gum worked***

Jul 30, 2018, 7:33 PM

I quit 4 years ago after smoking for 40.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:51 PM

Best thing I have ever done. Now if I can defeat hand to mouth disease, I’ll be in pretty good shape ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 10:57 PM

72 hours so far.

In truth it takes a lot of willpower & you're doing the right thing!

ON A SIDE NOTE

Don't bring any to the GSU game. By the 4th you'll be chain smoking.

You know, nerves & all. ;)

LOL.........***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL.........***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:12 PM

Well I'm glad I got an LOL out of one of you Mr. 15,000 post guy!

Quitter.... Cold turkey is not as delicious as it

Jul 31, 2018, 12:08 AM

Sounds. I see a Little Debbie's addiction in your future, diabetes, and 300 lbs. Butt hey you quit smoking with one good lung, bad breath, and two teeth left so good for you. Oatmeal cakes are soft so you can gum them down. At least you didn't get cancer. Congratulations survivor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great! But here is how to really stay quit. Announce

Jul 31, 2018, 12:09 AM

your quitting to your entire family and co workers. That will keep you honest. In a couple of months you won't miss the coffin nails.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Work***

Jul 31, 2018, 12:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 12:19 AM

Don't drink for a month and it will be a lot easier to never get smoking again.

Proud of you! Everyone who smokes should see what I see

Jul 31, 2018, 12:37 AM

where people have wnd stage COPD and emphysema, can't breath, are theredore anxious, and then live that cycle til they die. Seriously.. its awful.

Everyday you don't smoke slows down the development of those diseases. Keep it up!!!!!

null

Jul 31, 2018, 6:23 AM

Very difficult, very classy, very future-minded. Well done & keep those nicotine chains off your back, brotha.

GO TIGERS

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic