Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Gamecock Recruiting

Jul 3, 2020, 7:12 PM

It's rather quiet on the Tiger Recruiting Board but our friends in Columbia are tearing it up. Almost every day they get a new commit. Just yesterday they found a hidden gem in Darwin Burgess, a 5'-11", 170 pound WR in Riverdale, GA. He is a 3*** prospect and rated No. 98 in Georgia. They told Burgess they really needed him and he is going to make an impact as soon as he sets foot in Columbia. The coots snatched this one from the likes of Georgia Tech, Indiana, Tennessee, Florida State and Coastal Carolina. I don't know if all of those offers were committable since some of those schools offer anyone that's breathing.

I admit that there are some good players ranked 3*** and we have had our share, but many of those ranked 3*** had good coaches that helped them develop into serviceable players but I don't see that type of coaching at South Carolina.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock Recruiting

Jul 3, 2020, 7:19 PM

Pretty obvious that the Gamecocks have the lowest percentage in player Development.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kid has to be under rated. Remember Muscoot is a great

Jul 3, 2020, 7:45 PM

recruiter. He can sell ice to Eskimos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kid has to be under rated. Remember Muscoot is a great

Jul 3, 2020, 8:58 PM

My guess is that they will soon turn this young man into a two star!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The kid has to be under rated. Remember Muscoot is a great

Jul 3, 2020, 10:13 PM

Or worst.

Jul 3, 2020, 9:07 PM

The thing that sells these zero star recruits to come to USCjr, you’re guaranteed to be home around the holidays. In other words....No bowl games!

Jul 3, 2020, 9:50 PM

Another BIG selling point is..... they can promise the kid a chance to play in Death Valley twice! Who would turn that down?

It is going to be awhile before we need to worry about SC

Jul 3, 2020, 9:17 PM

In recruiting. I’m much more concerned about Mack closing down NC. NC has provided a bunch of Clemsons football talent over the years.

Re: It is going to be awhile before we need to worry about SC

Jul 3, 2020, 10:10 PM

Nobody is shutting down Clemson. Even as good as UNC's class is Clemson is still getting the kids they want in North Carolina in Will Shipley and another coming soon..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is going to be awhile before we need to worry about SC

Jul 3, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to It is going to be awhile before we need to worry about SC ]

He better do it quick, I’m no spring chicken but he’s getting up there in age.

My bad.

Jul 4, 2020, 12:46 AM

Thought this was going to be another joke post.

Jul 4, 2020, 1:15 AM

Mr. Joe they're firmly in contention for 3rd place in their own division . 3?'s and 3rd place just seem to go together .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 4, 2020, 7:23 AM

Let us look at them being third in the SEC East. Fla. and Ooglie are given and several sources are listing Kent. and Tenn. as potential threats. Where does that leave Muschump? Sucking hind teat again.

Jul 4, 2020, 10:05 AM

There are 3-star players who are boarding on 4-star players

The amazing thing about the coots 3-star bonanza is these aren't even highly ranked 3-star recruits.

On Rivals board, a 3-star player falls between 5.5 and 5.7 ranking. The coots 11 3-star players are ranked as follows.

5.5 ranking - 7 players
5.6 ranking - 3 players
5.7 ranking - 1 player

Their recruits are closer to 2 star than they are 4-star

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 10:12 AM

Coots May be close to getting what they desire most. A year without getting drubbed by Clemson. Sad to consider but true.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it's you, Mr. Joe, I'll give you a pass, but to

Jul 4, 2020, 11:07 AM

actually use the words "Gamecock" and "Recruiting" in the same sentence is kind of an oxymaroon. Similar to "Cold Dumpster Fire".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic