Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NBA All-Star "Game" Stinks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

The NBA All-Star "Game" Stinks

Feb 16, 2020, 9:25 PM

I'm watching it with my son. Otherwise I would be watching the George Washington mini series on the History Channel. I'm recording it, so I'll watch it tomorrow.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Why watch?

Feb 16, 2020, 9:56 PM

The nba sucks. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why watch?

Feb 16, 2020, 10:03 PM

I always have people tell me the NBA is more popular than Clemson Football. And I know people wouldn't lie to me, yet, I always run into people who watch Clemson football but never into anyone who watches the NBA.

Re: Why watch?

Feb 17, 2020, 7:07 AM

The Chinese love Clemson football.

Because NBA players are the best athletes on the planet?***

Feb 16, 2020, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Why watch? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Who wants to watch the best players play?***

Feb 17, 2020, 11:48 AM

Re: The NBA All-Star "Game" Stinks

Feb 16, 2020, 10:18 PM

No defense or hustle. Changed the set up this year where each quarter each team is competing for a charity. So one charity gets 100k and the other gets 0 or is there some kind of smaller amount they give to non wining charity.

The non-winning charity still received $100k***

Feb 16, 2020, 11:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The 4th quarter of that All Star game was incredible

Feb 16, 2020, 11:57 PM

Guys taking charges, hustling back on defense, coaches drawing up plays, arguing calls, etc. With the new format the 4th quarter made that All Star game the best I’ve ever seen.

GWP Tiger is spot on ... the 4th quarter was GREAT!

Feb 17, 2020, 1:54 AM

The charity set up is beneficial and some kids there rooting for their cause made the game worthwhile. Players really wanted to win. Some folks on Tnet just do not like the NBA. To each his own.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 4th quarter of that All Star game was incredible

Sep 29, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to The 4th quarter of that All Star game was incredible ]

Interested to know how they honored Bryant?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Magic spoke about him, Jennifer Hudson sang a

Feb 17, 2020, 11:41 AM

song to honor him, Common made rhymes about him, Team Giannis all wore his number while Team Lebron all wore Gigi's number, Kobe's number 24 was used to calculate the target score in the 4th quarter and the All Star Game MVP Award is now named after Kobe.

Yeah - but what else ???***

Feb 17, 2020, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Well I didn't see the halftime show

Feb 17, 2020, 12:31 PM

and I'm guessing Chance the Rapper probably did a tribute to Kobe then too.

Re: The 4th quarter of that All Star game was incredible

Feb 17, 2020, 6:25 AM [ in reply to The 4th quarter of that All Star game was incredible ]

Can you call me when the 4th quarter begins?

Is the NBA still in existence ?!?!?!

Feb 17, 2020, 8:47 AM

I hadn't noticed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Second most popular sport in the World***

Feb 17, 2020, 11:50 AM

I'm pretty sure that applies to professional basketball...

Feb 17, 2020, 4:42 PM

across the globe and not just the NBA.

That stat is based largely on established professional leagues in places Spain, Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, Argentina, and China with more leagues being created every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Do you travel internationally much? If you go to

Feb 17, 2020, 1:17 PM

Europe or China, the NBA is immensely popular. Far more popular than any other sports league in the USA.

Yep. I wonder how valuable Yao Ming was to the NBA?

Feb 17, 2020, 1:41 PM

How many tens or hundreds of millions of extra revenue did he create for the league due to his immense popularity in China?

No, the NBA is streamed across the globe, only FIFA has a

Feb 17, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I'm pretty sure that applies to professional basketball... ]

larger footprint...Not surprised you don't know that

Cricket is #2

Feb 17, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Second most popular sport in the World*** ]

and table tennis is more popular than football. Doubles it in popularity.

Yay Sports!!

Top 10 Popular Sports

rank Sport Estimated Fans Regional Popularity
1. Soccer / Association Football 3.5 Billion Europe, Africa, Asia, America
2. Cricket 2.5 Billion Asia, Australia, UK
3. Basketball 2.2 Billion US, Canada, China, and the Philippines
4. Field Hockey 2 Billion Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia
5. Tennis 1 Billion Europe, Americas, and Asia
6. Volleyball 900 Million Asia, Europe, Americas, and Australia
7. Table Tennis 850 Million Asia, Europe, Africa and Americas
8. Baseball 500 Million US, Japan, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic
9 American Football/Rugby 410 Million/410 Million USA mainly/France, England, New Zealand, South Africa
10 Golf 390 Million Europe, Asia, America, Canada

https://sportsshow.net/top-10-most-popular-sports-in-the-world/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cricket is so popular because 1.35 billion people live in

Feb 17, 2020, 2:07 PM

India alone. Add in Pakistan and it's like 1.6 billion just in those two countries. That's 5x the population of the US just in those two countries.

No offense, but those numbers are only estimates***

Feb 17, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Cricket is #2 ]

Doesn't every all-star game suck?

Feb 17, 2020, 1:39 PM

The only professional sports that have decent "all-star games" are ones like golf where there's very little chance of injury and the chance of injury doesn't increase along with the intensity of the game.

The NBA all-star game sucks, the MLB all-star game is slightly better because baseball is a non-contact sport, but it still kind of sucks, and the Pro Bowl is just awful Does anyone even watch the Pro Bowl?

The Ryder Cup is great though.

Feb 17, 2020, 2:59 PM

NBA six. Not allowed to be watched in my house. 95%thugs

Feb 17, 2020, 3:09 PM

When is it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

95% thugs? That's an incredibly racist comment to make

Feb 17, 2020, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The NBA All-Star "Game" Stinks ]

and it couldn't be more wrong. Those "thugs" played their butts off in the 4th quarter last night to win hundreds of thousands of dollars for local Chicago charities.

It's pretty unreal that someone would even make a comment like that.

Oh Good Lord***

Feb 17, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: The NBA All-Star "Game" Stinks ]

Feb 17, 2020, 4:41 PM

After reading all of the replies, I came up with 2 responses:
1) I went to bed before the 4th quarter began. I watched it at lunch, and the 4th quarter was a pleasant surprise. They actually played to win.
2) I do like me some table tennis!!!

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Didn’t watch. I was too busy recreating a scene from Gran Torino.

Feb 17, 2020, 4:51 PM

But I did dvr. Glad I did. 4Q sounds like it was great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic