Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK

Jul 23, 2018, 3:31 PM

For what Bryant has done for this program and him exceeding expectations last year, (after losing the best quarterback in Clemson history), how can some Clemson fans call themselves fans when all they do is trash him. How does him leading us to another ACC championship, a ACC championship MVP, and virtually going undefeated in the regular season deserve fans booing him in the spring game? What have we become? How can we say we are better than the coots when we can't even support our own players who have given their sweat and tears for our entertainment. If that's what we've become, then we aren't any better than everyone else in the country!

https://www.eveningsportspage.com/single-post/thecaseforqb1clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...and Jump on Mike Williams'...............***

Jul 23, 2018, 3:33 PM

It's about time we talked about this

Jul 23, 2018, 3:36 PM

Thank you for being the first to stand up for what is right

Re: It's about time we talked about this

Jul 23, 2018, 7:15 PM

Not the first, but certainly correct and well written

Re: It's about time we talked about this

Jul 23, 2018, 7:19 PM [ in reply to It's about time we talked about this ]

Not the first, but certainly correct and I agree whole heartedly.

Re: GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK

Jul 23, 2018, 3:37 PM

I don't think he exceeded expectations last year.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:07 PM

Actually for the few times he threw it down field he did exceed my expectations. Still think TL and HJ were and are better overall but KB definitely threw it better than I had expected, the problem was he didn't do that often which was expected

Jul 23, 2018, 4:45 PM

I expected more than 13 TD passes in 14 games. That didn't exceed my expectations. 3 of those TD's came against the Citadel too. We are WRU after all.

Re: TD passes

Jul 24, 2018, 6:50 AM

What is the point difference between a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown?

What is the difference between being called WRU and being

Jul 24, 2018, 8:34 AM

known for our passing attack or trying to play smash mouth football with Alabama?

Re: TD passes

Jul 25, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TD passes ]

Passing TD's are for QB's and rushing TD's are for RB's

I’m not on Kelly Bryant’s back. HTH, so quit yelling at me.***

Jul 23, 2018, 3:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you aren't on his back he wasn't even

Jul 24, 2018, 12:31 PM

addressing you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I can’t wait to see TL...

Jul 23, 2018, 3:39 PM

I have to agree with you. We were a bad QB away from going 9-3 in the regular season.

Is the Clemson Gentleman being diluted due to bandwagon fans jumping onto our success? I wonder how many KB haters have actually opened up their wallets to buy tickets?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:39 PM

I don’t think people really dislike Kelly. I think it’s more so about getting crowned National Champions and wanting another one. Hopefully KB has been working his tail off the last few months to improve on his definciencies. I don’t care who the starting QB is but I want it to be the player that gives us the best chance to win the National Championship again this year. I think this team is way to talented to not get #3 this year.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:46 PM

Exactly, everyone likes KB. People are just talking sports and who starts. People want us utilizing our WR's better, stretching the field, and possibly winning a title. I don't think anyone dislikes KB. People are doubting his ability. He seems like a class act with a good story.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:03 PM

Wanting more is fine. However, I've seen too much nonsense from people calling themselves Clemson fans acting as if the guy is trash and basically ignoring all he had done for us last season. We beat everyone on our schedule when he played the whole game other than Bama. Bama was rested up and had an extra week to prepare for us while we were handing out an az whooping to the Hurricanes. Quite frankly, he was the only one who showed up on offense in the sugar bowl. We had 64 yds rushing on 33 rushes. Bryant was sacked 5 times with 11 hurries on his throws. This isn't even counting the ones he avoided because of his mobility. Receivers were blanketed and passes were being dropped. If you watch the film, Bryant had no one open to throw to. What else could he have done? Watson had Leggett, Williams, Renfrow, Scott, and Gallman and it still took the last play to beat Bama.

Just as a heads up, no doubt there are true fans on one

Jul 23, 2018, 4:05 PM

particular side of the argument, but a couple of the more vocal ones are pretty obvious trolls.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK ]

That wasn't his only average to bad game last year. He had his issues. I agree there is a way to talk about it without being cruel about it. I still think his play wasn't up to snuff overall on the season. He may have been the best we had though. After some of KB's play last year, you can't expect people not to be excited about TL. I agree though, there is a line that can be crossed.

there have been a few ugly posts

Jul 23, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK ]

But for the most part people are trying to be respectful and constructive.

KB beat some teams over the top last year. It didn't happen often enough. He didn't show great accuracy on the deep balls, I'm sure he's worked hard on this in the off-season.

Against Bama I feel like the coaches didn't have a good plan. Hindsight is 20-20 but we really needed to get it out quicker on some RPOs. Mix in a little Ralph Friedgen quick passing game. Execute better on screens. Etc. We had a hard time keeping bama frozen and not coming down hill.

These are high profile jobs that come with criticism. I'm not saying I could have done a better job than KB or our offensive coordinators. It's great that we have a place to come and discuss. The players and coaches are mentally tough enough to take criticism or they would have never made it this far. They are either using it as motivation or paying it no attention.

A lot of wise fans know that this year offers a great chance for a 3rd title. Defense is going to be one of our best ever. It would be a shame for it to play out like last year. Hopefully if KB isn't offering the type of deep threat we need by the CFP TL or CB will be ready to step in and mix things up. Whatever it takes to capitalize on our 3rd title.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK ]

Absolutely same here, I don't care if JimmyGreenbeans were allowed to be the QB for our team as long as he could get the ball down field into our receivers hands. Put Streeter in I don't care, just get the ball to our receivers bc their talent is totally wasted if not!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: GET OFF OF KELLY BRYANT'S BACK ]

The self righteous pom pom waivers are feeling it today. Apparently if you think one quarterback is better than the other and voice your opinion you are a lowly fan. People are pointing out who they think is the best and giving reasons why,

Jul 23, 2018, 4:42 PM

Man you can say whatever you want. Just be prepared for people to come back at you. I promise you there were times that KB frustrated me last year but that’s to be expected. No one is prefect. You go ahead and root for which ever QB you want. At the end of the day most of the people on this site are Tiger fans and want to see that 3rd NC trophy added to the trophy case. May the best QB win.

Does he play QB or RB?

Jul 23, 2018, 3:52 PM

Kinda hard to tell with him having more rushes than any other single RB on the team last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Does he play QB or RB?

Jul 23, 2018, 4:02 PM

HuntClub® said:

Kinda hard to tell with him having more rushes than any other single RB on the team last year.

Just making that statement is one thing, but its horrible if you go and look at the stats for every game, and see how many more times KB carried the ball than the RBs, then look at how many more yards the RBs made with a lot less carries than KB!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does he play QB or RB?

Jul 23, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Does he play QB or RB? ]

I'm sorry, do we have to play offense they way you perceive it should be played?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well when you split carries between 3 RBs that happens...***

Jul 24, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Does he play QB or RB? ]

It's interesting

Jul 23, 2018, 3:55 PM

how discussing his ACTUAL STATS is considered as "being down his back" or "dissing him" or "hating him". I guess everyone should just instead start making up stats for him like a video game so we can pump him up to be more than what he really was that his own produced stats show.

BTW, if you say "get off his back"...don't let me catch you one single time saying any OTHER player on this team has something at all to improve...don't discuss Etienne or Feaster and their blocking, or the O-Line in the Bama game, don't mention them....don't discuss anything about TE production, don't discuss anything about any of them. You do, you are a complete hypocrite... And I'll make sure to point out out every single time I see it.

Note, most of us that are discussing him have also said he'd be fine to start, as long as he improves his passing from last year enough to play good enough to really be the better guy and hold Trevor off. The spring game showed pretty much no difference to what was seen last year...FWIW.

Re: It's interesting

Jul 23, 2018, 4:21 PM

Nothing wrong with talking football and who should start, but I remember being at the spring game and our own fans boo'ed him after a couple of non-productive series. When he came out onto the field for his first drive, fans barely made a sound. However, when Lawrence walked out, the whole stadium erupted like we just won another championship. He hasn't even took a real snap yet and people are ready to question our coaching staff and anoint him as our savior. We sitting there calling him Stoudt 2.0. If that isn't an insult to both of those young men, I don't know what an insult is. Watson and Co. has spoiled us to the point where we can't even see all the good Bryant has done for us. I remember that before Watson, we were stuck on mediocre. Kelly did nothing but keep us relevant and led us to another playoff appearance. FYI Kelly Bryant had the best passer rating in the ACC on passes that traveled 20+ yards downfield, so this notion that he can't pass is Bull shid. If Lawrence earns the job in the fall then I will support him 110% but I also will proudly back Bryant if he earns the start.

Jul 23, 2018, 7:03 PM

Highest passer rating in ACC on passes over 20 yds?

I call BS.

Fans booing him at the spring game? I too was there. I call BS.

Fans cheering TL for taking the field? Yes. Just like we cheered Hunter, Chase and Kelly, but maybe louder, yes. But the biggest cheers were for the first TD to Higgins. Now THAT might have insulted Kelly, because we all loved to see that confident throw/aggressive catch combo we have been missing.

I never heard a boo all day.

Jul 24, 2018, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: It's interesting ]

Did he now... He had the best passer rating over 20 yards?

Yeah, I'll call BS on that.

Jul 24, 2018, 12:29 AM

Ouch, this is worse than I would have expected. I felt like the post route completely disappeared last year. This proves it.

Hopefully kb will be more confident attacking 1 on 1 coverage deep this year. Having Tee Higgins should at least give a confidence boost on the shot plays.

TL seemed really confident chucking it deep in the spring game. Let's hope he's not over confident

over confidence can be better than no confidence

Jul 24, 2018, 8:38 AM

For example. DW was pretty #### confident. It lost us the Pitt game but won us a national championship. No risk no reward. Even alabama couldn't win a national championship with a QB with no confidence (Hurts).

Re: over confidence can be better than no confidence

Jul 24, 2018, 12:28 PM

How did DW4 cost us the Pitt game?

Throwing for a conference record 580 yards (in a conference that's 60 years old) cost us the game? Did Deshaun make Boulware shorter and slower for that game so that he could get beat for 3TDs? Did Deshaun overrule Dabo's decision to run Gallman on both 3rd and 4th downs with the game on the line when the 5-yard completion was still freely available? Yes, Deshaun committed a higher level of turnovers than avg but his turnovers NEVER cost us a game.

If this defense can't erase a QB's mistakes, you'll never see one that can.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:02 PM

I think we just want to see a better passing game and feel as though KB is not likely to provide that. And we base that on an entire season of games and the spring game.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:10 PM

you said a mouth full. Sure hope our fans do not get to that level. We need to stand up for our team.If you are a true TIGER fan you support your team if you do not just keep your mouth shut.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:14 PM

FYI, expecting improved passing or thinking a guy heralded for his passing could beat out the other guy IS still supporting the team. Last time I remember KB is a Tiger, but so is TL. Is anyone that would like to see what Trevor can do now "not a Tiger" just because they would like to see what QB#2 has to offer?? I bet my degree and class ring say otherwise. How did that become non-support all of a sudden? I'm sure everyone will still be behind the Tigers... Just maybe not the same QB. And who are you to tell me what QB I want.

Why don't you like my QB? I demand you to like mine, now. See how that sounds, because that's what the KB pumpers sound like.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:27 PM

Fans booing him after a couple of bad drives in the spring game is not what I would call support. Calling him Stoudt 2.0 is an insult to both him and Cole Stoudt. Not believing our national championship coaches and players when it comes to Bryant's progression is not support. I'm not saying that everyone that is wanting Lawrence to start is wrong, but there are many so called fans who won't even give Kelly a chance, even after all he done for us.

Jul 23, 2018, 5:44 PM

I was with you until you said "Not believing our national championship coaches and players when it comes to Bryant's progression is not support."

Think of this.... Did those same coaches not say Cooper was better than Johnson for over half a season.. Saying he was the better guy because he was "better in practices". Well, ask yourself... Was he? Did Cooper stay the #2 guy listed first in the depth chart all season? Did Johnson transfer before Cooper?

So, with that said, can a fan not from that example question whether what they are saying is true or if it's supporting seniority?

Jul 24, 2018, 8:29 AM

You do realize some guys progress during the season right? Maybe Johnson was not better but became better as he learned the O. Just a possibility. Ofcourse maybe he was better all along but the coaches are not just evaluating talent they are finding out who the best guy for us to win is.

Jul 24, 2018, 10:21 AM

For the most part, games they both played in, they were equal (Kent State) or Johnson was better (WF, Citadel).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4035460/zerrick-cooper
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4239998/hunter-johnson

Jul 24, 2018, 12:29 PM

I agree HJ is better in live games we have seen just saying that ZC may have know the O more early on and ran the team better in practice.

Like it or not, Bama has given the blueprint on KB.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:27 PM

And this season, virtually everyone we play will try to defend exactly as Bama did. Rush 5 every play. Put a spy on KB, and basically dare him to throw. Of course, we will beat most teams we play just because they won't be able to score much on our own defense. However, TAM, at GT, at FSU, at BC, and even little brother will all put up this type of defensive scheme. May or may not work, but basically everyone will be taking away the QB run this year when KB is in the game. I'm not worried about the regular season. It's those last 4 defenses we play that worry me. Gotta be able to throw.

Re: Like it or not, Bama has given the blueprint on KB.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:31 PM

I understand what you are saying but show me anyone who could of passed on Alabama when our receivers were blanketed all night. And the few times they were not, they didn't make the catch. He was sacked 5 times and hurried 11 times. We had a non existent running game. I am a firm believer than even Watson would have had trouble doing anything against Bama that night given the same circumstances.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:35 PM

I don't think we would have beaten Bama either, but Dabo sure saw some things KB wasn't doing .... like standing tall for 1/2 more second and delivering the ball downfield. I remember him chewing on KB more than once. Lastly, Deshaun checked off at the line much more than KB did. I think we can all agree that DW was a much better reader of defenses than KB. Hopefully KB's skills in that area are improved this year. A lot of folks miss the fact that Bama didn't have to do anything exotic against us. They were in control of the game from the start. Who's to say they don't bring in their throwing QB if they had gotten behind? They did it one week later.

Jul 23, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Like it or not, Bama has given the blueprint on KB. ]

A firm believer that Watson couldn't blah blah.

Then my friend, you are an infidel, because Bama had a better defense the two times Watson threw for over 400 yards against them, and they started both games vs Watson with the same aggressive smash-mouth style. Do you not recall the clothesline? The early targeting of Mike Williams?

But DW4 had the tools to force Bama to back off just a crack. Kelly doesn't. If you want elaboration, I'll give it to you, but I'm not gonna waste it if you're just gonna rant at us.

Yeah about that blueprint

Jul 24, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Like it or not, Bama has given the blueprint on KB. ]

Just have a 5* blue-chip NFL-bound defender at all 11 positions, and load the box.

I'm sure every team can follow that blueprint.

Re: Yeah about that blueprint

Jul 24, 2018, 11:14 AM

FSU could...don't worry, they are just our Atlantic rival who yearly was the main team that'd cost us the ACC-CG. Guess that's not too important though.

Re: Yeah about that blueprint

Jul 24, 2018, 11:24 AM

FYI, as absymal of a season as they had...some of their defensive stats for that bad 2017 season:
#18 total defense
#31 rushing defense
#10 passing efficiency defense
#30 scoring defense
#27 first down defense
#35 third down conversion pct defense
#53 sacks
#27 tackles for loss

^ you think that team, with better coaching and a new scheme couldn't do it??

If you think FSU has the same talent as Bama

Jul 25, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah about that blueprint ]

I don't know what to tell you.

I'm all for TL starting as soon as he commands the playbook.

Jul 23, 2018, 4:37 PM

I can support that statement without insulting or talking others down anyone. I use lots of adjectives and adverbs splattered throughout metaphors and other poetic statements to make a point.

I could say that those who can't support their point without resorting to insults and other attacks on those who disagree with them are stupid morons who don't understand debate because of their lack of experience gained only through long life and seeming lack of adequate education but that would be something only some idiot like them would say. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the "people" "trashing" Kelly Bryant, aren't

Jul 23, 2018, 6:42 PM

people, they're dirtpeckers.

Jul 23, 2018, 7:11 PM

Just the facts! 13 passing touchdowns all year! Not good ! Who was the quarterback? We changed the offense last year to suit Bryant knowing he had down

Tigermaul = marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael

Jul 24, 2018, 1:02 AM

Jul 23, 2018, 7:17 PM

13 passing touchdowns last year! We changed our entire offense to suit one person. It was not the Watson offense and it stunk. I like Bryant. He’s a good kid. However his downfield passing skills detoriated over the last half of the season. I had hoped to see improvement after spring practice. He’s worse. Is Lawrence ready to handle the speed and pressure of the college game? If he is , he gives us our best chance to go 15-0.

Jul 24, 2018, 12:24 AM

I personally agree.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:00 AM

Some want to act like they could have been qb last year and we would have accomplished the same thing. It is sad for sure. Yes our D was great but without KB I don't see us beating Auburn or NC State. Ofcourse nobody knows tho.

Jul 24, 2018, 10:24 AM

Hard to know Auburn...Travis Etienne didn't play in that game, which really changes the run game and if the QB has to run more. You can't really compare with the team's leading rushing TD RB not in that game (the guy who ended 28th in the nation in rushing TD's).

Jul 24, 2018, 12:32 PM

I agree and we would not have won without our D playing great but KB did score our TDs and make some clutch throws. Any team that wins their conference and goes to the playoffs has a pretty dang good qb. Now TL may be better now or may become better but KB has proven he can lead us to the playoffs and I believe with a little more pocket awareness and hitting some deep balls we can win it all with him at QB. I support either one or CB. I just wanna win baby.

Amen!!!!!!!! Remember some on here are coots

Jul 24, 2018, 8:02 AM

Just stirring up controversy but I agree KB is awesome!!!!

Jul 24, 2018, 10:24 AM

Thank you Mrs. Bryant. We will take you're view under advisement. :)

Jul 24, 2018, 12:01 PM

I agree, right now I have as many pass yards as tl

Jul 24, 2018, 12:07 PM

Whether Coot or Tater people are people no matter where you go and what education level is achieved. Remember this and it will serve you well in life.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic