Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WRU having issues at WR position, got questions?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Nov 10, 2020, 3:18 AM

So we have obviously had our run with great WRs especially the tall boundary players combined with the speedy route runners like Renfrow, Rodgers, and others.

But we seem to be struggling this year. We lost Tee to draft, but we lost Ross to injury and this has hurt tremendously. But why? We lost Mike Williams couple yrs before and we didn't miss a beat.

So our down turn comes same year we lose J Scott. Is he that valuable? He is struggling as a head coach with just 1 win and he had a large lead yesterday only to lose game. Do we miss him that much, which I doubt as I figured Dabo could fill in gaps for Grisham if he had learning curve.

Ngata looked great last year, Ladson always seemed to be a step behind. Reports are both are injured at some level. I thought Ngata was gonna be huge for ND game.

Are we actually hurting from coaching, players injuries, recruiting? EJ Williams looks like he has great hands but he needs 10-15 lbs. Hope he is great. I hope the bye week helps us heal if thats what we need but our WR corp needs huge help, not to mention the weak OL that can't get running backs space to run. Where was Lynn J when ETN needed breather? We just seem to be a shell of ourselves that needs to be filled in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WRU having issues at WR position, got questions?

Nov 10, 2020, 6:03 AM

We are the winningest football program in the land over the last 6 years. We won’t ever win them all but we are a top of the line program.

Nothing besides injuries hindering our WR’s an at that they have been very good.

We better be grateful for what we have, no team in college football could have lost the starters we did quality wise and played at Notre Dame as well as we did. If you’ve played football imagine losing heart & soul players we lost & continuing the standard.

We still were in a position to win in regulation & in OT. 5-6 future NFL players were not playing not counting Justin Ross.

Don’t miss how truly blessed we are right now. We had not lost a regular season game since early 2017, nobody else can say that period ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Funny that you mention...

Nov 10, 2020, 7:13 AM

just wondering, though, with all that, how we just basically broke records on Sat. A QB can't do all that without great hands. Shows our depth!

Nov 10, 2020, 7:26 AM

Our top four receivers going into spring would’ve been Ross, Ngata, Rogers, Ladson in no particular order.

In the eight games played to this point those 4 could have started 32 games. They have actually started 12. Combined. Rogers has 8 of the 12.

Rogers is having a career year.

Our top four receivers going into spring would’ve been Ross, Ngata, Rogers, Ladson in no particular order.

In the eight games played to this point those 4 could have started 32 games. They have actually started 12. Combined. Rogers has 8 of the 12.

Nov 10, 2020, 7:29 AM

User Logo
ICATiger
Letterman [277]
TigerPulse: 87%
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 3:18 AM

So we have obviously had our run with great WRs especially the tall boundary players combined with the speedy route runners like Renfrow, Rodgers, and others.

But we seem to be struggling this year. We lost Tee to draft, but we lost Ross to injury and this has hurt tremendously. But why? We lost Mike Williams couple yrs before and we didn't miss a beat.

So our down turn comes same year we lose J Scott. Is he that valuable? He is struggling as a head coach with just 1 win and he had a large lead yesterday only to lose game. Do we miss him that much, which I doubt as I figured Dabo could fill in gaps for Grisham if he had learning curve.

Ngata looked great last year, Ladson always seemed to be a step behind. Reports are both are injured at some level. I thought Ngata was gonna be huge for ND game.

Are we actually hurting from coaching, players injuries, recruiting? EJ Williams looks like he has great hands but he needs 10-15 lbs. Hope he is great. I hope the bye week helps us heal if thats what we need but our WR corp needs huge help, not to mention the weak OL that can't get running backs space to run. Where was Lynn J when ETN needed breather? We just seem to be a shell of ourselves that needs to be filled in.

hopefully you are a coot because no one could be this moronic. did you see where we threw for 439 saturday and i guess you missed some of the catches these tomato cans made against bc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Injuries and youth.....

Nov 10, 2020, 8:23 AM

That is all. Not worried long-term; however, not having our big guys 100% is not ideal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 9:00 AM

Dixon is too tentative, runs to upright and has taken a step backwards. He will be passed by. He looked bad on kickoffs and Sweeney gave him riot act on the sidelines.

I havent noticed any problems with our WR corp..

Nov 10, 2020, 9:15 AM

other than injuries and youth as another stated. Ngata been hurt all year, Ladson hurt every other week, Ross out for the year, EJ Williams has done very well and he's a true freshman so they tend to gain weight over time...but I haven't noticed that hurting us bc he weighs 10 lbs too less.
Ajou looks be a good one but is a true freshman. Plus, we now have 2 quality TEs and its something we have been without for a few years now.

Besides, Rodgers and Powell have insane seasons. WR depth is an issue but WR play is not. I cannot follow the logic on this concern. Coming into the year we had 3 tall deep threats (Ross, Ngata, and Ladson)...unfortunately all 3 have dealt with injuries. What are we supposed to do, recruit a 4th 5 star guy in case the first 2 or the other high ranked 4 star doesn't work out?

Nov 10, 2020, 9:18 AM

Our #1 WR, Justyn Ross is out for the season.

Ngata has been hurt for most of the season.

Ladson has been hurt.

They are 3 of our top 5 WRs. Every team in the country would struggle at WR if 3 of their top 5 targets were out.

Brannon Spector is a redshirt freshman.
EJ Williams is a true freshman.
Ajou Ajou has only played American football for 2 years.

I think we’re fine. We just have to get Ngata and Ladson healthy.

Nov 10, 2020, 9:25 AM

Clemson 2015 Leading Receivers
REC Yards TD
Artavis Scoot 93 901 6
Charone Peake 50 716 5
Deon Cain 34 582 5
Jordan Leggett 40 525 8
Hunter Renfrow 33 492 5
Gerone Hopper 21 317 1
TOTAL 271 3533 30
AVG (15 Games) 18.07 235.53 2

Clemson 2020 Leading Receivers
REC Yards TD
Amari Rodgers 48 720 6
Travis Etienne 37 491 2
Cornell Powell 31 418 3
Frank Ladson 17 272 3
Braden Galloway 19 230 2
Davis Allen 11 193 4
TOTAL 163 2324 20
AVG (8 Games) 20.38 290.50 2.5

Actually we are doing better in Passing than 2015 when we lost both Sammy (to draft) and Williams (to injury). ENT is averaging about the same yards per carry as Gallman, but doubling his TD rate. Unfortunately we are missing Deshaun's production in the run game as he was a 1000 rusher that season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no questions at this time.***

Nov 10, 2020, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 12:25 PM

Where is Ajou?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic