Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fun fact and hopes, thanks to RPI Wizard:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,683

Fun fact and hopes, thanks to RPI Wizard:

Feb 6, 2015, 3:00 PM

Wonder why some services have Clemson as dead in the water, and others have us on the cusp of the Dance?

It depends how they handle those two unmentionable losses in mid-November.

Those who given those losses equal weight to the more recent surge (which tend to be more plug-and-play models) have the Tigers languishing in the upper 70s to low 80s. Those who add weight to more recent games trend the Tigers much higher ... in some cases, more than 30 spots.

* RPI Forecast, for example, has Clemson in dire straights with a 73 RPI. However, using the Wizard function, adding a Miami win (which I do because I want to) and removing the GS and Winthrop games, and Clemson has an RPI of 41 ... well on the safe side.

* Crashing the Dance, which has Clemson currently among the last teams to miss the cut, acknowledges an overall RPI of 80, but a conference RPI of 30. It also has Miami and Purdue, with similar reacords as the Tigers, as the last team in as of now. The difference: those two games in mid-November. A Clemson win Sunday would work wonders for our chance ... but you already knew that.

* Finally Joe Lunardi's placeing Clemson on the "First 4 Out" reflects what I feel to be the case: keep clawing Tigers, and the Committee will judge who you are, not who you were.

Better days ahead.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fun fact and hopes, thanks to RPI Wizard:

Feb 6, 2015, 3:13 PM

IF there has been a 'must WIN" game this season, it is the Sunday game vs. the 'Canes. GO TIGERS. Eager to see how our team responds to this challenge. Turnovers and poor foul shooting will not work. I am sure BB will put his best defender on the Miami scorer. Wonder if Nnoko will survive the first half???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely... it's a must win... if not, we have to take

Feb 6, 2015, 3:15 PM

2 of 3 from NDx2 and Duke

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Maybe Nnoko would do better off bench - his two subs are

Feb 6, 2015, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Fun fact and hopes, thanks to RPI Wizard: ]

better than him right now????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd try sitting him the entire 1st half

Feb 7, 2015, 8:09 PM

then not take him out in the 2nd unless he gets winded. Hopefully he can make a half without fouling out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Canes made a name with a 2OT loss to theCavs....

Feb 6, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Fun fact and hopes, thanks to RPI Wizard: ]

...and a close loss at Notre Dame.

They lost their cachet lately with tough loses to FSU and Louisville and a head-scratcher to GTech.

In their last 3 games, they are averaging 53 ppg to teams that employ tough defense, much like Clemson.

That said, Miami shoots FTs very well, so we can't get slap-happy with them.

McClellan is a good shooter, but solid defense has frustrated him. Louisville shut him down, while the Wuffies let him score at will. Rodriguez is averaging only 5 ppg in his last few games, fouling out of one. With those two in a scoring funk, Miami has had trouble running its offense.

I'm a bit concerned with Tonye Jekiri, their 7-footer. Very good on the boards at rounding up Cane misses and solid at the line. He doesn't foul much either.

The good news is they really don't shoot well under pressure. If we can avoid the droughts and keep up the pressure, we can pick up ACC road win #4 ... which is amazing in any circumstance.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fun fact and hopes, thanks to RPI Wizard:

Feb 6, 2015, 3:16 PM

good post, please excuse me if I am still expecting Lucy to move the football.

I hope this does not happen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are 44 according to Dance Card

Feb 6, 2015, 3:18 PM

I like Dance Card, because they have us at 44 and barely in the tourney. They claim to have picked 108 out of 110 of the at-large bids over the last three years.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news is that the committee still discounts early losses

Feb 6, 2015, 3:45 PM

There was a lot of surprise last year when NC State made it into the tournament over teams like SMU, Cal, and Arkansas. The biggest factor in the committee picking NC State seemed to be that the Wolfpack - despite a very bad loss to NC Central early in the season - went 4-1 over their last five. SMU went 2-3, Cal went 1-4, and Arkansas lost their last two to mediocre teams.

nice summation Rev - you'd think "growth" through the year

Feb 6, 2015, 3:49 PM

would be an important variable to consider.

Often it seems that teams barely getting into the Dance for having big wins early but sliding late, simply fizzle in the first round.

Then some team that was on the move as the year ended got left out by the committee and ended up storming the NIT.

The obvious difference being growth during the year; which is after all what you would expect from college-aged kids, right?

Those losses are really, realty bad. Whole lot of lipstick

Feb 7, 2015, 8:03 PM

Needed on that pig.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

closer than you think***

Feb 7, 2015, 8:05 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,683
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic