Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark it down...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Mark it down...

May 25, 2012, 9:40 AM

Clemson isn't going to the Big 12. Distance, academics, culture >>> a couple million extra dollars in TV revenue. Ed Cunningham was right on yesterday on CFB Live. Clemson's administration loves the conference and being associated with great academics institutions located where we are, the east coast. Why the hell pay more money to visit depressing towns in the Dust Bowl? Simply put, it ain't happening. GO TIGERS! Back-2-Back ACC Championships, here we come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark it down...

May 25, 2012, 9:42 AM

lol poor guy. Keep holding onto hope.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 25, 2012, 9:46 AM

hahaha holding onto hope? if clemson goes to the big 12, i will pull a GA Mangus in downtown Greenville!!! haha, you're a hoot.

Ummmm, why? How about to get paid

May 25, 2012, 9:45 AM

exponentially more money? To be in a football conference? To jump out of a sinking ship? To give Swoffie a big middle finger? To keep from getting destroyed by the coots in terms of revenue? To never play a game in front of Ron Cherry again?

By the way, if you don't think this is going to happen, then you aren't paying attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Ummmm, why? How about to get paid

May 25, 2012, 9:47 AM

yea, let me know how that goes, bud.

lol... you called him "bud".***

May 25, 2012, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coincidentally, that's also what he's been smoking this a.m.***

May 25, 2012, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Coincidentally, that's also what he's been smoking this a.m.***

May 25, 2012, 9:53 AM

yea, i've been smoking weed because i stated the obvious when i said clemson will never go to the big 12. your 100% accurate, want a cookie?

Honestly, how can anyone read the BOT response and think we

May 25, 2012, 9:54 AM

aren't jumping ship? This isn't an attack, just asking a legit question.

Re: Coincidentally, that's also what he's been smoking this a.m.***

May 25, 2012, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Coincidentally, that's also what he's been smoking this a.m.*** ]

Does your keyboard have a shift key? Just wondering TIA.

null

bowlhunter gets around...

May 25, 2012, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Coincidentally, that's also what he's been smoking this a.m.*** ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2012, 9:45 AM

No he was absoloutely wrong, his argument made no sense. Who cares about culture or the acc's academics when it concerns aligning yourself with the best

obviously you don't hold a clemson degree. sucks to suck.

May 25, 2012, 9:49 AM

Judging by your posting I highly doubt you do either.

null

May 25, 2012, 9:50 AM

yea, you believe what you want, pal.

May 25, 2012, 10:28 AM

I am just going off of the evidence you are providing. It all is pointing to a 10th grade education level.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:29 AM

CUswag is a total Coot!!!

May 25, 2012, 10:33 AM

a total coot for saying Clemson is not going to join the Big 12? last summer it was all about going to the SEC, a conference that would actually make some kind of sense. how did that turn out? you're logic is amazing.

May 25, 2012, 10:34 AM

your*

May 25, 2012, 10:37 AM

I really don't think you want to start correcting other people's mistakes.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark it down... ]

SEC does make much more sense geographically but tell how do you join an organization that does not want you?

May 25, 2012, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark it down... ]

yep he is providing me with nice entertainment right now. I enjoy picking on USC fans.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark it down... ]

nice comeback. tell me that again when Clemson joins the Big 12!

May 25, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark it down... ]

Actually I do hold a clemson degree A bachelors degree in Wildlife biology 2002....so F you coot

May 25, 2012, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark it down... ]

Texas, the richest of the rich, did not manage a top 25 finish last year.

May 25, 2012, 9:55 AM

And

Fully agree, plus Big XII TV contract money is speculative

Even if it will be more for this round, there is nothing to say that the ACC won't be more for the following round, esp if a school or two (say FSU) becomes elite again.

Big 12 had better football and bowls and tv money 3 years ago than the ACC and they still lost 4 QUALITY programs. It is a disjointed mess. There is a lot more to the equation than speculative TV money.

^^^^^scared to death

May 25, 2012, 10:03 AM

See ya; wouldn't want to be ya.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: ^^^^^scared to death

May 25, 2012, 10:18 AM

scared to death of what? clemson potentially beating the hell out of uva in a few years?

Re: Fully agree, plus Big XII TV contract money is speculative

May 25, 2012, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Fully agree, plus Big XII TV contract money is speculative ]

The Big 12, 3 years ago was run by a guy more incompetent than Swofford. You are talking about situation (3 years ago) that is not reflective of the current landscape of what is going on in teh Big 12 now.

It is not a disjointed mess now. The Big 12 basically has the same set up that teh SEC does. Equal revenue sharing on Tiers 1 and 2, schools owns Tier 3. The difference is, the Big 12 is like the B1G and Pac 12, in that there is a Grant of Rights (the SEC has no such agreement).

There is solid leadership now, and a united front to stay together and build the strongest brand that the conference can.

===========================================
Even if it will be more for this round, there is nothing to say that the ACC won't be more for the following round, esp if a school or two (say FSU) becomes elite again.

Big 12 had better football and bowls and tv money 3 years ago than the ACC and they still lost 4 QUALITY programs. It is a disjointed mess. There is a lot more to the equation than speculative TV money.

Maybe, but if that were the case the AD and BOT comments

May 25, 2012, 9:48 AM

would have reflected this in the last few days.

Whether or not we leave, it's clearly on the table and being considered. So you're belief that Clemson's administration loving the conference is clearly not true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUswag90 says staying, York says going...

May 25, 2012, 9:49 AM

I have confusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's as simple as this, if FSU leaves we should too.

May 25, 2012, 9:56 AM

And FSU is leaving.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

FSU isn't going anywhere. Barron(FSU president) knows better***

May 25, 2012, 9:57 AM

FSU is gone, and so is Clemson.***

May 25, 2012, 10:06 AM

Re: FSU is gone, and so is Clemson.***

May 25, 2012, 10:11 AM

you sound so confident. all signs point to them staying. but, oh my...if you say so!

May 25, 2012, 10:19 AM

lol what signs.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:25 AM

oh, i don't know. how bout FSU's president coming out and blasting the idea? the BOT at Clemson saying it supports the ACC and only voting on tuition as they realized internet rumors mean nothing. president barker supporting staying in the acc through and through. according to TDP and leaders at FSU, there has been no contact between the big 12 and acc or vice-versa. the ridiculous notion of playing in a conference located in tornado alley with only one or two really reputable universities. the list goes on and i'm boring myself with the truth. hahaha

May 25, 2012, 10:30 AM

lol how old are you?

Everyone of those statements have been laced with political tones. No one has flat out said we are not going anywhere we are staying in the ACC.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:32 AM

well no one has said we are even interested in the Big 12. or the Big 12 is interested in us. i think they laughed the notion really in the BOT meeting yesterday. but somebody had to come out and act serious to the media. hahahaha

May 25, 2012, 10:36 AM

lol

null

Wrong.

May 25, 2012, 9:59 AM [ in reply to It's as simple as this, if FSU leaves we should too. ]

You have it backwards.

If WE leave, then FSU should leave, too.

We are not FSU's sidekick or pet dog. We are Clemson University. We do what we want.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

Let me clarify my remark, if either us leaves, the other

May 25, 2012, 10:24 AM

should follow for obvious reasons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

It's not a little more money

May 25, 2012, 10:04 AM

It's a ton more money. The distance argument doesn't hold any water for me. How far away is Syracuse, NY, Boston, MA, Miami, FL, Pittsburgh, PA? Even Maryland and UVa are all day drives.

The ACC cut off it's own tail by treating their money making schools like red-headed stepchildren. 80% of the TV money comes from football, but the schools that make all that money for the conference have to share with everybody else that doesn't give a #### about football. That's like an employee thinking they deserve the same salary as their boss when he has much less responsibility or accountability. It's asinine.

Re: It's not a little more money

May 25, 2012, 10:09 AM

when you consider clemson's alumni are mostly located in places like atlanta, charlotte, parts of florida, new york, washington, and boston, it is obvious clemson is competing in the right conference. great academics institutions with the same mission, as well. a conference move will not occur because a few uneducated fans want to compete in the big 12 and be texas' and oklahoma's little ##### for a few more dollars in revenue. hahaha

Fail. We're leaving the ACC. Deal with it.***

May 25, 2012, 10:04 AM

Re: Fail. We're leaving the ACC. Deal with it.***

May 25, 2012, 10:05 AM

yea, good luck with that. :)

O-o-o K-k-k.................marked down***

Re: O-o-o K-k-k.................marked down***

good boy.

May 25, 2012, 10:18 AM

What if all this were a distraction designed by our enemies to take our focus off of the upcoming season?

May 25, 2012, 10:26 AM

anyone that will quote Ed Cunningham is a total fool

May 25, 2012, 10:27 AM

show me where i quoted Ed Cunningham? i simply stated his argument was good...good try pal

May 25, 2012, 10:28 AM

anyone that thinks Ed Cunningham is "right on" is a fool!!!

May 25, 2012, 10:30 AM

hahaha fair enough. well anyone that legitimately thinks Clemson will ever join the Big 12 Conference is even more of a fool!!!

May 25, 2012, 10:33 AM

so your belief is that given the reasons you stated that Clemson will stay in the ACC and thus become irrelevant ?

May 25, 2012, 10:35 AM

Clemson will never be irrelevant. at the same time, it will never join the Big 12. end of story, bro.

May 25, 2012, 10:38 AM

no sorry its not the end of story "bro"......the ACC is well on its way to becoming irrelevant and if we stay so will Clemson athletics

May 25, 2012, 10:40 AM

alright bro, believe what you will. all i know is, write this down. "Clemson University will never be part of the Big 12 Conference." if i am SOMEHOW wrong, i swear i will pull a GA Mangus wherever T-Net wants me to! i would set up a poll. but, it sure doesn't look like i will be urinating in public anytime soon!

May 25, 2012, 10:42 AM

thats just weird "bro"....what does your urinating in public at all have to do which conference Clemson is affiliated with?.....and what is your obsession with public nakedness and urine???

May 25, 2012, 10:43 AM

haha just what i thought you would say. peace out, bro.

May 25, 2012, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Mark it down... ]

I think we have another Chicken boy guys.

null

May 25, 2012, 10:36 AM

hahahaha, you're so funny! keep 'em coming, pal!

Demosthenes says...

May 25, 2012, 11:03 AM

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true."

This applies to everyone, not just you. It's interesting how the people that want to leave look at the same evidence as the people that don't, and both sides believe it supports their view. It is hard to be objective about something you feel so strongly about.

I predict...

May 25, 2012, 11:37 AM

...a lot of crying into ACC hankies in the near future. Remind me again, denial is which stage of the grieving process? ;)

2-way street, right there***

May 25, 2012, 11:42 AM

Clemson

"you don't need a weatherman...

May 25, 2012, 12:22 PM

...to tell which way the wind blows" ;)

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive