Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR waived by Colts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson WR waived by Colts

Sep 4, 2020, 9:58 AM

Former Clemson WR waived by Colts

A tough cut so close to the 2020 NFL season. The Indianapolis Colt announced on Thursday that they have waived former Clemson receiver Artavis Scott. Scott sign Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is just puzzling sometimes why certain players don't make

Sep 4, 2020, 10:08 AM

it in the NFL. Tay and Tajh Boyd are prime examples. Brilliant college careers that somehow never translated to the pro game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its A System Thing ---

Sep 4, 2020, 10:52 AM

The NFL...is oooozing with talent all over....but it's still a cut thoat business when it comes to making a team.

Artavis and Tajh just didn't get into the right system. It happens all the time. There are 32 teams out there and good players are probably perfect for 5 or 6 of those teams.....but guess what...they don't get to have an opportunity with them because they get misrepresented or mis-used by the teams they joined prior.

When Artavis was with the Chargers....in my opinion the Chargers missed the mark in my opinion. They should have got rid of non-catching Travis Benjamin....and played more productive... tough after catch...Artavis Scott.

I tend to agree, but...

Sep 4, 2020, 11:39 AM

in fairness, AS seemed to struggle to stay healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Benjamin has/had game breaking speed and Scott couldn't

Sep 4, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Its A System Thing --- ]

stay healthy when he got his shot, bad comparison

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ehh.. I don't think Artavis was really ever an NFL-type WR

Sep 4, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to It is just puzzling sometimes why certain players don't make ]

He was great in our system catching screen passes and running end-arounds and such, but he was never really a presence down the field.

Re: Ehh.. I don't think Artavis was really ever an NFL-type WR

Sep 4, 2020, 2:00 PM

Philip Rivers and the bolts made their way with lots of short, dump passes. Just ask austin ekeler/ Melvin Gordon. Lack of speed is probably part of the reason

Yeah, a lot of the plays he made in college just aren't

Sep 4, 2020, 3:36 PM

there at the next level

***Boyd didn’t make it because he did not have NFL talent. ******

Sep 4, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to It is just puzzling sometimes why certain players don't make ]

Why can't people just admit that?***

Sep 4, 2020, 11:57 AM

Re: ***Boyd didn’t make it because he did not have NFL talent. ******

Sep 4, 2020, 1:49 PM [ in reply to ***Boyd didn’t make it because he did not have NFL talent. ****** ]

I'll never believe that statement!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly a you issue***

Sep 4, 2020, 1:53 PM

Re: It is just puzzling sometimes why certain players don't make

Sep 4, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to It is just puzzling sometimes why certain players don't make ]

I couldn't agree you anymore, bc it is mind boggling. Take Tajh, I think the only preseason game he was given a chance to play in, he wasn't the first QB in the game, but he was the first QB to score, and he was cut right after that game. With Tajh though, I think that he had been blackballed by that writer, can't think of his name, but he dogged Tajh out through the media!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fully agree. Deon Cain and Jordan Leggett are two others.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to It is just puzzling sometimes why certain players don't make ]

And for the life of me I can't figure out how Ben Boulware didn't find a spot in the league. Maybe his lateral speed hindered him in the NFL, but I'm not sure I remember a guy who played with as much passion for the game as him. I thought for sure he'd find a spot, at least as a special teams guy and backup linebacker.

One of my favorite players, dude is tough as nails

Sep 4, 2020, 10:26 AM

And never went down easy. I hope someone will give him a real chance to show what he can do.

Re: One of my favorite players, dude is tough as nails

Sep 4, 2020, 10:38 AM

Agreed...always said he was one of my all time favorites...he was one who would put shouldler into people near the sideline instead of "accepting" the sideline.

Sep 4, 2020, 11:07 AM

Wait for it. He will be a Raider soon.

Sep 4, 2020, 3:01 PM

Texans would be a more likely location. They need to skill and depth at WR more than anyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Texans have plenty of WRs, they just need them to

Sep 4, 2020, 3:37 PM

stay healthy

Re: The Texans have plenty of WRs, they just need them to

Sep 4, 2020, 4:01 PM

Will Fuller will be hurt by game 3-4. Old Randall Cobb at Slot looks like a good deal, but I can't imagine him making it a full season. His backup, Keke Coutee is terribly inconsistent.

It that spot that Artavis could be a factor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They like Deandre Carter there as well and Kenny Stills will

Sep 4, 2020, 6:37 PM

fill in when Fuller invariably goes down, but Scott can't do what either of those players do, so they wouldn't play him on the outside

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR waived by Colts

Sep 4, 2020, 1:38 PM

I think that not using Artavis Scott is a sinful waste of a talented receiver with great hand and good speed after the catch!!! It's head scratching when thinking of why he hasn't been given a chance to prove his talent and worthiness in game situations!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic