Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sights and Sounds of New Orleans: Tigers are loose as game approaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New Story: Sights and Sounds of New Orleans: Tigers are loose as game approaches

Dec 29, 2017, 7:01 AM

Sights and Sounds of New Orleans: Tigers are loose as game approaches

The only disappointment in the Big Easy to this point has been the weather. We arrived in New Orleans late Tuesday night, and while a majority of our time has been spent working, we’ve still had the chance to get out and explore the city. Here are a few of the sights and sounds through the first two days. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one way to stop that line of thought from Bama folks...

Dec 29, 2017, 7:09 AM

BEAT THAT ### AGAIN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only one way to stop that line of thought from Bama folks...

Dec 29, 2017, 7:16 AM

"LEAVE NO DOUBT!"

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Only one way to stop that line of thought from Bama folks...

Dec 29, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Only one way to stop that line of thought from Bama folks... ]

Not smart to disrespect a tiger.

That has not worked with SC.***

Dec 29, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Only one way to stop that line of thought from Bama folks... ]

The Alabama cretins continue to disrespect us, even after we

Dec 29, 2017, 7:11 AM

beat them. The tone of DH article suggests that they really do see us as nothing more than interlopers in their kingdom, and last year's win was just their fault, not our good play. That is not only their fans view, but is pretty much what Saban has danced around saying in press conferences too. Well, we certainly have their full attention now, so what will the excuse be when we DECISIVELY kick their #### this year?

CLEMSON 37 - BAMA 24.

I thought this game was going to be closer, but I do believe they have ticked our guys off now.
GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Alabama cretins continue to disrespect us, even after we

Dec 29, 2017, 10:13 AM

How do we know that our guys know that this is the way Saban, his players, and their fans feel about the Clemson team and our fans? I've read a lot of media these last few weeks, and I haven't read anything in the lines or between the lines that would suggest the severity that you have expressed. But even if they have or haven't expressed those thoughts, somehow, someway get it out to our team the day of the game that the Saban Bama's are talking serious cold blooded shiot degrading Clemson and them as a team. H&ll yes, strike the flint to set off some sparks with our team in hopes that it will start a huge flame within the entire team!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now, if they would just line up outside our locker room and

Dec 29, 2017, 12:54 PM [ in reply to The Alabama cretins continue to disrespect us, even after we ]

trash talk, like Coots and Miami did, GAME OVER!

Seems Mr. Hood is trying to get us fired up this morning...

Dec 29, 2017, 7:13 AM

Not sure I could have remained silent listening to the Bama homers.

Great read! Thanks!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loose and confident is great

Dec 29, 2017, 7:15 AM

Great article. Keep them coming. My blood just boils when our team gets no respect for the hard work they put in. As Dabo says. Leave no doubt. What is Dabo word for this year. Go Tigers

Re: Loose and confident is great

Dec 29, 2017, 7:27 AM

Lived in Bama all my life, from the 60s and 70s where no one here even knew where Clemson was to now......Bama fans(not all mind you) think they are the best in every thing. The mindset is, we are better at everything, and sadly even after we beat them again, that will not change.

So they are like Gamecoots but with trophies.***

Dec 29, 2017, 7:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So they are like Gamecoots but with trophies.***

Dec 29, 2017, 8:20 AM

You won this round!!

Dec 29, 2017, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Loose and confident is great ]

I understand your blood boiling, but a healthier response is "Isn't that cute?! They still don't take us seriously!"

Dec 29, 2017, 9:30 AM

or "Bless their heart they do not no better"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Loose and confident is great ]

They may not take us seriously in the public but, If I had a double eagle $20 dollar gold piece, I would bet it that they do take us very serious the minute that clock starts at kick off!!! And that would go for their entire fan base also!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Bama players and fans keep talking just like that

Dec 29, 2017, 8:03 AM

We love the underdog mentality

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: New Story: Sights and Sounds of New Orleans: Tigers are loose as game approaches

Dec 29, 2017, 8:20 AM

Younger guys probably don't know what a transistor radio is, but I bet in that little packed room with a lot of people talking at once, it sounded like 25 transistor radio's playing at once, but with them all on a different Japanese radio station with them barely getting the station, and they have the volumes turned up as loud as possible trying to Hear theirs over everyone else. When it was all over, everybody was looking at each with a weird look looking at each other wondering what the h&ll just happened bc no one had a clue!!! No thanks, I don't care to try and hear it, and allow it to drive me crazy as h&ll also!!!!

LOL! That's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Dec 29, 2017, 8:29 AM

nm

Re: New Story: Sights and Sounds of New Orleans: Tigers are loose as game approaches

Dec 29, 2017, 8:48 AM

“It’s not like that place is Tuscaloosa or anything”

lololololololololololol
Yes. Tuscaloosa.
Funniest comment ever. I think Tuscaloosa is probably a great place in ways to many, but the epitome of destinations?
lololololololololololol

Dec 29, 2017, 9:41 AM

T-town is a dump.

I graduated from Alabama Law this past May

Dec 29, 2017, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sights and Sounds of New Orleans: Tigers are loose as game approaches ]

I was so relieved to get out of Tuscaloosa. It's just not an attractive place, and no where near as nice as Clemson. Plus there are way more trashy folks around that makes it pretty sketchy in a lot of areas. We would get daily notifications through the student notification system of a robbery/rape/assault near campus. These people have no clue...

Re: I graduated from Alabama Law this past May

Dec 29, 2017, 10:27 AM

So glad you revealed the true identity of the town. I was just about to say that while I have never been to Tuscaloosa, there is simply no way that it could be prettier than Clemson. I mean those hills and the lake and the trees and Death Valley? Now, I will admit, we are like Auburn in town appearance, but with a lake. Maybe that is why the Auburn comparison? On the trip there last season, it was really, really weird. Their own Tillman Hall look alike, the downtown area was like walking down the street in Clemson, and they even had a stolen Tiger Paw painted in the intersection at Toomer’s Corner. It’s like Dabo says, we get recruits on campus and they get infected. Everybody does. And, the infection lasts a lifetime. I could not have found a prettier and better place for my two Clemson grads and my Clemson freshman to attend! Go Tigers!! Will look forward to being there Monday night as we let these two conversationalists know who is on top of the football world and that we are way more talented than other teams they have faced. Which, by the way, who in the heck has Alabama faced this year that is more talented than us??? The ONLY team they faced that was worth a pig’s knuckle was Auburn and we know how that one ended. So, somebody, please tell me who they beat this year? At this point, they are ALL reputation and that is it. Yes, they blew out nobodies and the SEC (and, give them credit, they beat LSU and Miss. St.) by 40 points, but how did they fare against Auburn? And, they point to FSU when FSU was #2 or #3 at the beginning of the season and Francois went down. But come on, FSU was way overrated. Otherwise, Jimbo would never have left.

Clouded Thinking

Dec 29, 2017, 8:50 AM

If only they knew the football universe was bigger than Alabama. Such arrogance is vomit inducing. I saw a one minute clip of the Muscrat interview yesterday and I swear much of it is the privileged high horse thinking of the SEC. They are all delusional.

Re: Clouded Thinking

Dec 29, 2017, 10:30 AM

Just like the coots, when a certain group of people don't have any self respect for them selves or among their selves in their group, bet the farm and the live stock that they don't have any respect for anyone else either!!!

LOL at Tuscaloosa as some sort of desirable destination!!

Dec 29, 2017, 9:23 AM

Do they cumulatively have a full set of teeth there?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Full set of teeth.

Dec 29, 2017, 9:33 AM

I'm from Bama, orginally, so I know my grandparents did...could see them in the glass on the bedside table.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Full set of teeth.

Dec 29, 2017, 9:57 AM

Got a feeling the Tigers are going to cream the boys from Tusk-a-loser. :)

Re: Full set of teeth.

Dec 29, 2017, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Full set of teeth. ]

LMFAO!!! I'm seriously glad that I was drinking anything when I read that, bc I would shorted my laptop out!!!

Dec 29, 2017, 9:43 AM

DH must mean they did not execute thier offensive holding fully in the second half of last year's game.

How about you take the gloves off and say what you mean?

Dec 29, 2017, 10:31 AM

'It will be interesting to see how they react Monday night if they face early adversity when our D-linemen smack them on their butts over and over, run Hurts down like a dog and mangle his fancy pants.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the Tuscaloosa comments

Dec 29, 2017, 10:32 AM

I don't know if they should compare cities. Tuscaloosa huh? Wow.

Dec 29, 2017, 11:02 AM

That whole part about the conversation the Alabama reporters were having...

TRIGGERED

Dec 29, 2017, 1:13 PM

Tide fans have have enjoyed success long enough to have forgotten the lean years, thinking their dominance will last forever, and some think and express themselves with arrogance. Our Tigers continue to be disrespected, but not like we use to. Times are changing the respective centers of power. It's up to our coaches and team to continue that change. If we win, and I think we will, Bama fans will have to contend with, how could we lose twice to them. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to be a balance...***

Dec 29, 2017, 1:59 PM

Dec 30, 2017, 7:26 PM

I hope that these statements went up our bulletin board. I really don't think that they take us seriously. They will come out with "their hair on fire." and we have to be able to withstand this initial blitz. Can we do it? I think so, and truly hope that I'm right. It's going to be "jaw to jaw", and I hope we win those matchups. One thing that encourages me is our defense, and the fact that we may be able to run the ball on them. If that happens, then game over, because we are not known as WRU for no reason.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic