Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables sees progress after defense shuts down UVa
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables sees progress after defense shuts down UVa

Nov 4, 2013, 4:51 PM

Venables sees progress after defense shuts down UVa

Saturday in Charlottesville, Brent Venables saw his defense once again give up an early scoring drive to an opponent. Unlike the previous week, however, the defense responded and held the Cavaliers to just three points the rest of the way. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please repeat this passion and performance against GT

Nov 4, 2013, 4:59 PM

or we fans will be miserable again....

BV is the best coordinator we've had in years at making

Nov 4, 2013, 5:10 PM

in-game adjustments.

The D even let us stick around long enough vs. FSU to climb back into that game (we had a couple of possessions down by 10 early-on that could've affected the outcome but the offense struggled) but I think we had dug too much of a hole too early

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BV is the best coordinator we've had in years at making

Nov 5, 2013, 6:12 AM

Plain and simple fact is this. Our offense spotted a VERY good FSU team two scores right off the bat. That alone will knock the spark out of good teams but, our guys didn't force their will back at FSU the same way as they did against LSU. I personally believe we are more than capable of beating FSU. That night was the worst executing our Tigers have played in two seasons IMO. And we can't win against teams like FSU with nobody playing on the same page. Our practice team would have beaten our first team that night. That game is has already been played, and no amount of beating our self or the team up over it will change it. Our guys have to just repay FSU in their house next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Venables sees progress after defense shuts down UVa

Nov 4, 2013, 5:23 PM

That D "road dog" mentality will be the difference in the Chicken game. If we can come out and get their offense the !@## off of the field, we can pound them. That will not be easy, b/c Davis is a hoss and Shaw is a gamer, but I like our chances. “One for the thumb” my a$$! BV and the D will not let that happen. Oh man, I can't wait....

BUT, 1st we have to take care of GT and Citadel.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables sees progress after defense shuts down UVa

Nov 4, 2013, 5:43 PM

Progress...oh really....take the blinders off BV and stop drinking that Kool Aid...UVa is on the bottom of ACC...you can beat your chest when you defeat a good team...

See UGA....

Nov 5, 2013, 1:17 AM

and LSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can beat his chest

Nov 4, 2013, 6:05 PM

Anytime he wants..and especially after a great effort like that in Charlottesville. BV is a good coach and the results are evident. Depth is being developed and guys are playing hard and with intensity.
Please go hate on FGF or wherever else they disdain Clemson...you got the wrong site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: He can beat his chest

Nov 4, 2013, 7:12 PM

You are just a Kool Aid junkie...

Re: He can beat his chest

Nov 4, 2013, 7:32 PM

Only kool aide you drink must be hater aid.....

Better than being a dumb-aid junkie.***

Nov 4, 2013, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: He can beat his chest ]

Va is a bad team

Nov 4, 2013, 7:53 PM

Yes we played well but lets face it.....va might be one of the worst teams in the nation. How can we get a read on how we've progressed.?

Worst? Bit exaggerated - they are not a great team, but...

Nov 4, 2013, 8:01 PM

...I'll take holding them to fewer yards and fewer points than Oregon did any time as a sign our defense is improving AND not letting off.....

Don't think any read would please you.***

Nov 4, 2013, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Va is a bad team ]

They have won 2 games

Nov 4, 2013, 8:23 PM

That's one of the worst teams in the nation in my book

IMO, how the defense plays against GT will tell me

Nov 5, 2013, 12:47 AM

how much they've improved. CBV has seen that offense once and has 12 days to put in a game plan to stop it.

Stopping that offense requires discipline more than anything else. Play your assignment, don't get caught peeking into the backfield, going for ball fakes by the QB, etc. It will be important for our young DBs to especially have discipline.

The last three games, which GT has won all three, their "B" backs, or fullbacks, Sims and Laskey, have played very well, running inside, as well as Godhigh on the outside. Grady, Josh Watson, Deshawn are going to need to shut down the dive, the DEs and LBs are going to have to corral the QB and the DBs are going to have to be aware of the pitch back, without getting caught peeking, thus letting a receiver behind them. The QB needs to be hit hard [but legally] on every play, whether he pitches or keeps.

Easier said than done, but the front seven have the experience necessary for discipline, but can those back four have that discipline? We'll see.

To play devils advocate...

Nov 5, 2013, 1:16 AM

Their last 3 games have been Syracuse (4-4), UVA (2-7) & Pitt (4-4).

A few people are not giving BV the credit he deserves. If he sees improvement, it's there. He's been very honest when the Defense plays well, or, when the unit plays bad (end of Maryland game), or the plan was crap (FSU).

If we going to downplay any improvement that our own coach observed during a game b/c it was against inferior competition, then I'm gonna call BS about how great GT has played their last 3 games for the very same reason.

Road Dog!! Oh yeah....

Nov 5, 2013, 12:29 PM

Loving the attitude of BV -- FIERCE! Keep pushing the team to attack, ESPECIALLY on the road!

“Just love coming on the road with a road dog kind of mentality, having a little edge to you, having to create your own energy and take any kind of life out of the crowd that might be there,” Venables said. “That’s not easy to do. That’s very under-valued, to be able to come onto the road and play well, so it’s pleasing.”

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic