Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
digging into exit polls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

digging into exit polls

Dec 1, 2020, 8:46 AM

Trump performed 7 points better among households making over $100k in 2020 than 2016. He also performed better among black males and Hispanics.

These are the groups who benefited most from the economy under Trump. The Clinton/Bush/Obama economy did little for the middle class or black males.

I still believe that people vote their economy (and the numbers above show that) and, but for COVID (and Trump's ridiculous response) and the media's lambasting of Trump for 4 years, that would have been true enough this year to reelect Trump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the moment the invader arrived, breathed our air, ate

Dec 1, 2020, 9:21 AM

and drank, he was doomed. He was undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth. By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain.

-Morgan Freeman
-Orson Wells
-Michael Scott

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

War of the Worlds final words....***

Dec 1, 2020, 9:23 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: digging into exit polls

Dec 1, 2020, 9:39 AM

With Trump's comments during the Wuhan Flu it did seem he was not interested in getting reelected. They were some head scratch moments. He could have been taking bad advice from someone that was not looking out for Trump best interest in getting reelected. Who knows. It still hard to believe he lost because he was having 10 or even 100 of thousands of people @ his rallies and Biden was having like 3.

I completely agree. If Trump would have

Dec 1, 2020, 11:03 AM

been the least little bit competent in handling the virus (did good to start with, then went off the rails) he would have walked into another term.

For your comment about "rallies" you do understand that Biden didn't have rallies. He had speeches that he invited a few members of the media/ token supporters/voters to come and report on. That's why you only saw a handful of people there. It's not like Trump who tried to get everybody there. It's a false equivalency that is not hard to understand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: I completely agree. If Trump would have

Dec 1, 2020, 10:23 PM

been the least little bit competent in handling the virus (did good to start with, then went off the rails) he would have walked into another term.

For your comment about "rallies" you do understand that Biden didn't have rallies. He had speeches that he invited a few members of the media/ token supporters/voters to come and report on. That's why you only saw a handful of people there. It's not like Trump who tried to get everybody there. It's a false equivalency that is not hard to understand.

Competent? Joe’s big announcement of his 1st mastermind plan to stomp out Covid 19 is to mandate mask! Let me repeat MANDATE MASK! If you haven’t noticed, we’ve been doing that for nearly a year! He’s been on the campaign trail for how long? Time to come up with other solution and Mandate mask/ social distance is the best he can come up with? Not to mention all of his Democrat celeb sheep proceeded to be the most hypocritical influences anyone has ever seen this past thanksgiving. Heyll Cardi B announced she had 37 people over for thanksgiving!

What a band of geniuses you sheep plucked from the old folks/ rehabilitation homes!

Dec 1, 2020, 10:34 AM

Alex,

I agree that under normal circumstances, the impact of the economy on the quality of one's life is the most important factor. And even though all Trump did was continue the recovery that began under Obama, I think the public perception of it might have created a much closer election.

However, the Covid crises required real leadership - of the type that Trump is incapable. If he had just listened to the experts in the filed, he would have weathered this storm. But that would have required qualities that Trump does not possess.

Have you dug into the Dem exit polls in a similar fashion ? Where did Biden outperform Clinton 2016 ? And does that muddy your waters a bit ?

Dec 1, 2020, 10:44 AM

Lowering the corporate tax rate caused a further decrease in unemployment and caused the stock market boom under the Trump admin.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt the millions that lost their job due to

Dec 1, 2020, 11:04 AM

COVID give a #### what the stock market does

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: I doubt the millions that lost their job due to

Dec 1, 2020, 11:15 AM

That probably depends on where they are in their careers and how much money they have saved.

You do know that in 2021 everyone's taxes are going up

Dec 1, 2020, 10:44 AM

because of the Trump tax plan. Just making sure you know now so you don't blame Biden.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do know that in 2021 everyone's taxes are going up

Dec 1, 2020, 1:07 PM

That's interesting that you know everyone's financial situation enough to make a statement that everyone's taxes are going up in 2021.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:57 AM

For me it is the long term stability of the economy and not immediate short term gaines, aka greed. We will pay the price for these tax cuts, as we will for bungling this pandemic response. 7 trillion in debt in one term, quite an accomplishment considering what he was left.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Silly Rabbit- Deficits only important when Democratic POTUS***

Dec 1, 2020, 11:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: digging into exit polls ]

Federal tax revenue did not decrease after the tax cuts. The US corporate tax rate was the second highest in the world.

Rate does not equate to revenue... Write-offs flourish.***

Dec 2, 2020, 4:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: digging into exit polls ]

I am afraid this is just the beginning for pandemics. It has proved to be very helpful to the Chinese government and what they are wanting to accomplish. I don't think they really care who is in the white house.

Agreed if Trump was sane, rational, competent, empathetic ..

Dec 1, 2020, 11:47 AM

patriotic and not a total self centered, narcissistic ####, then he would have won. Covid exacerbated Trump’s worst personal qualities and damaged the economy.

To summarize, if Trump wasn’t Trump he would have won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By some metrics, counties that did better economically under Trump

Dec 1, 2020, 12:06 PM

went Biden’s way. Counties that voted Trump in 2016 and flipped to Biden had employment growth of 5.3%. Counties that voted for Biden in 2016 and flipped to Trump had employment growth of 1.4%. Overall in 2020, Biden counties had 3.5% employment growth under Trump, whereas Trump counties had 1.4% employment growth. So the counties with the highest job growth went Biden’s way. That’s just one metric, there are many, and each side can find data to support their narrative. But just some interesting info.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/how-the-2020-election-deepened-americas-white-collar-blue-collar-split-11606219208

Re: By some metrics, counties that did better economically under Trump

Dec 1, 2020, 12:55 PM

The WSJ seems to have a good narrative on what is going on IMHO.

Dec 2, 2020, 5:35 AM

You're so naive.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic