Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nolan Turner is all over the place and having fun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Nolan Turner is all over the place and having fun

Oct 3, 2019, 8:54 AM

Nolan Turner is all over the place and having fun

Everywhere you look this season, safety Nolan Turner is making a play for the Clemson defense. However, if you’ve watched the Tigers over the last two seasons you know that making plays is what Turner does best. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Nolan Turner is all over the place and having fun

Oct 3, 2019, 9:01 AM

Turner is a nice player for us. Does a good job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 1:37 PM

I watch for Nolan in games. He is a smart player with an instinct for the ball. So glad he will be back next year!

Oct 3, 2019, 9:14 AM

Congrats Nolan. We've noticed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 9:35 AM

Considering his journey, this is a remarkable accomplishment for him. Pride from his family !

Super young man & feitsy smart player too..

Oct 3, 2019, 9:42 AM

and like that Clemson sports uses background of all orange & paws Without an ad in the background as seen from most other schools.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember Dabo’s comment about him...

Oct 3, 2019, 10:05 AM

At the Recruiting Roundup in 2016. Dabo knew that some were questioning the signing. He said” Nolan will be good as anyone we have before he leaves.” Prophetic as usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Oct 3, 2019, 10:14 AM

There were "people" on here who criticized Dabo for giving Turner a scholarship, and some where very negative. I'm sure none of them will admit it now.

Oct 3, 2019, 10:29 AM

Some criticized Dabo for offering Adam Humphries as well.
We need a Grishom, Brown, Humprhies, Renfrew clone for this team or a TE or RB to step into the role of catching the 3rd down pass and getting to the line of gain! :)

I remember the criticisms but I did not take names.... It was not me. I love a 2/3 star that becomes a 6 star for their 5th year.
I am not opposed to offering 5* and getting 3 years either but if you only have those it is hard to maintain the consistency and the culture and the team leadership.

We are where we are because of the 5* and the 5th year players on the roster both are crucial to our success.

Yep, people accused Dabo of wasting a scholarship on a friend's kid

Oct 3, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nolan Turner is all over the place and having fun ]

Since he was knew Nolan's dad (and in fact played with him at Bama IIRC). Dabo is proven right yet again. If he wanted to do a favor, he might have offered a preferred walk on slot. Our staff doesn't waste scholarships and offers for scholarships unless they truly see value in the player.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From not rated to 2*. This is what we do. We develop our talent

Oct 3, 2019, 10:18 AM

Better than anybody in the country and I absolutely love every bit of it! Get em Nolan!!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Oct 3, 2019, 11:09 AM

He was really instrumental in the game against Bama last year. Even when he wasn't getting the tackle, he was right there to make the tackle. Watch the Clelin Tackle of Tua on the goal line last year. Nolan was there to ensure he wouldn't be scoring. The kid has a knack for finding the ball. he's going to be a big time player next year when all the other DB's leave for the NFL or graduate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really a great surprise the way he's been playing. But I

Oct 3, 2019, 11:42 AM

guess not if you knew his Daddy.

Oct 3, 2019, 11:45 AM

I was so down on him when he took that stiff arm and gave up that big play. Then he went on to have an amazing game. He now plays great every game. He is a stud. He will play on Sundays. He will just get better and better.

He plays with heart and

Oct 3, 2019, 12:59 PM

is maximizing his potential. You can tell the coaches pour a lot into him.

Love this kid!!!

Oct 3, 2019, 1:23 PM

I’ll be the first to admit that I questioned his scholarship. While I never posted anything negative, I certainly had some negative thoughts. Boy was I wrong & once again there’s a reason why I’m not getting paid the money to coach & recruit. All props to Dabo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad at all for a kid who we only took because his Dad

Oct 3, 2019, 1:33 PM

and Dabo were former teammates at Bama, Huh? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 5:38 PM

Nolan Turner would never see the field for any SEC team for one reason and one reason only, he's white. He's a good player and coaches and fans are reverse racists these days. It's a real shame. Some white guys can play.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic