Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From a Miami sports writer.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 8,882

From a Miami sports writer.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:09 AM

Seems pretty level headed and fair.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article246234155.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our crowd was “unhealthy”? What?***

Oct 11, 2020, 12:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That was my reaction too! Our crowd looks well separated

Oct 11, 2020, 9:16 AM

compared to other games you see on TV. Did he see the crowd at A&M? It was listed as 24K but that crowd looked bigger than 50K.

Re: That was my reaction too! Our crowd looks well separated

Oct 12, 2020, 8:09 AM

He is used to seeing Miami home games where they have been distancing since 2004 and keeping their capacity at under 10% for the last 16 years.

I think our crowd is SPOT on and of course Clemson is going to do things rights.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From a Miami sports writer.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:18 AM

That was the most entertaining thing I’ve read in a while. Thanks for sharing. Best like was — “ Any chance Clemson can somehow be expelled from the ACC?”

This phrase seems both salty and uninformed -“ unhealthily large South Carolina crowd in a pandemic.”

Has he seen a UGA or A&M game? Also, his team is in Florida. Apparently the Canes could have a full stadium now if they want. Of course, that would never happen even in pre-Covid days.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:21 AM

Just heard the Florida governor is going to allow full capacity for the remaining games. Florida is planning on having 90,000. Not sure what the Canes are planing

Stupid, as within a week of that packed stadium will

Oct 11, 2020, 12:31 AM

be a huge spike in Covid 19 cases in Gainesville, Florida.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stupid, as within a week of that packed stadium will

Oct 11, 2020, 2:42 AM

Who gives a crap about cases of covid? This #### has drug on forever and it's time to get back to life. Don't want to catch it then stay home. Tired of hearing all you experts whine and ##### about this stupid virus that is just a glorified flu.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 9:45 AM

Whitehurst,

Just how much evidence and true expertise can you ignore to cling to your uninformed opinion ??

Oct 11, 2020, 6:12 PM

Evidence that cases multiply by the hundreds and deaths do not. Keep clinging to your wuflu paranoia while the rest of us get back to our lives. You virus ###### are really starting to #### me and the rest of America off.

What the hell kind of numbers are you reading?

Oct 12, 2020, 9:30 AM

The flu killed 34,157 people in the 2018-2019 season. COVID-19 has killed 213,614 as of yesterday at noon. That's a severe difference. I'm not gonna tell you not to live your life; I certainly have been: work, church, stores, restaurants, Clemson games...but I'm wearing a mask the whole time. Because I realize that this isn't some "glorified flu". It is literally 6.25 times worse. Be a tough guy all you want; just use correct numbers and statements when you do.

Re: What the hell kind of numbers are you reading?

Oct 15, 2020, 4:21 PM

bah bah

Re: What the hell kind of numbers are you reading?

Oct 15, 2020, 4:24 PM

The problem with your argument is that people that have actually died from the flu and various other illnesses are all lumped into this death toll. There has only been about 12,000 deaths strictly from covid 19 without underlying causes. The rest of those deaths the person who died had an average of 2.6 underlying conditions that may or may not have contributed to their death. Also there are many millions more cases out there that people who have covid and never been tested. We will agree to disagree. You do your thing and I'll do mine. Have a good one.

Oct 12, 2020, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Stupid, as within a week of that packed stadium will ]

I doubt it.

Liberal tears always taste sweet***

Oct 11, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: From a Miami sports writer. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami sports writer said the two scariest words in college football are:

“At Clemson”..meaning to have to play Clemson in Death Valley #1.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 12:34 AM

Very good read. Thanks for posting. This coming from someone who watched the game with a large group of Miami hurricane fans. The canes were never in the game. Very large talent differential. Very large coaching differential.

The 2009 game with the kick off before the half to CJ Spiller essentially sounded the death knell for Randy Shannon. The 2015 game 58-0 ended Al Golden’s career. The 2017 game 38-3 ended Mark Richt’s career - he was Dead man walking after that.

After tonight, Manny Diaz is lucky that the bar has been set lower and he will still have a job.

And that is what our Clemson tigers of the last five years are doing. They are crushing the hopes of fans and resetting expectations of other teams. Our success and consistency are in a different league than our than any other program not named Alabama.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:41 AM

Just another brain washed left wing kook who still thinks everyone should be forced to stay at home and cower under their beds. He wouldn't even have a job if he wasn't a leftist.

Replies: 18
| visibility 8,882
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic