Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From Today's Seneca Journal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,735

From Today's Seneca Journal

Nov 13, 2020, 3:15 PM

From the Oped page.

"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you". Don Marquis, American Humorist

On one of the comic pages are three puzzles I attempt to solve with my feeble brain, "Celebrity Cipher". "Jumble" and the Crossword Puzzle. Today's Celebrity Cipher was by James Stewart, the actor. "What's wrong with wanting to fight for your country? Why are people embarrassed to use the word PATRIOTISM"?

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably because PATRIOTIM is not a word

Nov 13, 2020, 3:32 PM

.... just sayin'.....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: From Today's Seneca Journal

Nov 13, 2020, 3:53 PM

Hardly one celebrity today would volunteer to go off to fight for their country, unlike their WW2 predecessors. We'd have a few, mostly a few pro athletes, but very few actors/musicians. Sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 4:42 PM

Jimmy Stewart's lucky to have already gone to be with Jesus.
He sounds like a prime candidate for the coming Novus Ordo Seclorum re-education camps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 13, 2020, 10:34 PM

Jimmy Stewart's lucky to have already gone to be with Jesus.
He sounds like a prime candidate for the coming Novus Ordo Seclorum re-education camps.

Jimmy Stewart definitely was quite a patriot. He flew multiple bombing missions in Europe, won the DFC and even had a bombing run in 1966 in Viet Nam. I’m sure he and Jane Fonda had a mutual admiration thing between them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 9:51 PM

I like the quote. I am always amazed at the number of people who seem not to like thinking about things. Thinking is the one thing that we can do better than all of the other animals on Earth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,735
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic