Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I see Tennessee hired a coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 498

I see Tennessee hired a coach

Jan 27, 2021, 9:10 AM

But not this one...

Sources told ESPN that over the past few days, Elliott had serious discussions about the job but turned down Tennessee's overtures and elected to stay at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm more than a little disappointed that Tennessee didn't

Jan 27, 2021, 9:17 AM

make this AD and coach search far more embarrassing for itself, there was so much potential here to work with.

Tennessee is way worse off than UofSC or FSU.

Jan 27, 2021, 9:22 AM

The coots and FSU both have internal management issues that got them where they are, but UT has let the fans run the program for the last 25 years. If they ever get out from under the avalanche of feces they're under, they could be a very strong program but honestly, I can't help but think they'll find a way to fornicate it up.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah Streeter will be one heck of an OC

Jan 27, 2021, 9:21 AM

I can't wait!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Would hope we would poach another school if Elliot left butt

Jan 27, 2021, 10:48 AM

you are probably right

Those sources must be Elliotts mama,

Jan 27, 2021, 9:25 AM

Because I’m hearing he wasn’t the one saying “no thanks”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are your sources Granny and Uncle Jed?

Jan 27, 2021, 9:28 AM

Guessing the fans up around your parts are every bit as good as the coots at deflection and rationalization, given their long-held status in the college football world.

They're actually sadder

Jan 27, 2021, 9:30 AM

Gamecawks at least try to maintain some pride and continue their sheeit talking ways. UT fans discussing football are like 1970's Tina discussing Ike. Pitiful really.

As for sources, it's Middle TN....you can swing a cat without somebuddy knowin somebody who knows somebody who plays golf with a Haslam. Hey, I never claimed they were GOOD sources.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the new qb ain't real good at running the football

Jan 27, 2021, 9:30 AM

So the offense obviously has to change....What we did with Tajh seemed to work pretty well.

What Mac Jones did worked pretty well.

I think TE is smart enough to figger this out and things will look a little different in 2021. I will finally be on board with y'all though if we are doing read option and picking up 2 yards on 3rd and 6.

To help me with perspective.

Jan 27, 2021, 9:31 AM

Out of all their seasons at the school, what was your ratio of "approval seasons" to "disapproval seasons" with Rob Spence? Chad Morris?

Jan 27, 2021, 9:35 AM

I was not really a fan until Dabo took over. I think I went to 2 or 3 games while I was actually at Clemson from 2001-2007.

So when they started doing real good and stuff and Tajh was setting records, I approved.

Son, I am disappoint.

Jan 27, 2021, 9:37 AM

I was there during the Hatfield, West, and early Tommy years. My drunk happyass was still at (almost) every home game. When we hired Tommy, he may as well have been Bear Bryant....AND YOU WENT TO TWO GAMES IN 6 SEASONS?

Re: Son, I am disappoint.

Jan 27, 2021, 9:40 AM

Frank Howard was coach when I first started going to games

Jan 27, 2021, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Son, I am disappoint. ]

with my parents. You can math the coaching lineage I grew up with from there. I did miss some games during the Bowden era while I was coaching fall league baseball with Joonyer, but like Led Zeppelin said: Good times, bad times, you know I've had my share.

DO NOT BESMIRCH THE GOOD NAME OF BUBBLE SCREEN SPENCE***

Jan 27, 2021, 9:46 AM [ in reply to To help me with perspective. ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now does UCF come after Elliott. At this time..............

Jan 27, 2021, 9:47 AM

it's a better job than UT IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USF vs USF would have an interesting twist

Jan 27, 2021, 9:48 AM

but Elliot aint taking that job.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*UCF (replace either one)***

Jan 27, 2021, 9:48 AM

That was my thought

Jan 27, 2021, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Now does UCF come after Elliott. At this time.............. ]

Momma Elliott may not want Little Elliotts in the slums of Orlando

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

As long as they don't live near the stadium. ;) ******

Jan 27, 2021, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can someone remind me why we hate

Jan 27, 2021, 10:28 AM

UT so much. I grew up so close to Knoxville that everyone was either a UT fan or a Carolina (real one) fan. Thank God my dad was smart and didnt go to UNC or NCSU, so here I sit.

I absolutely loved when we beat them in the Peach Bowl, I think they were #9 at the time. I was there on the second row in the corner. It was amazing.

Anywho, I am just confused on why many have a visceral hate for UT. I can take them or leave them, cool town, ugly stadium, cool boatgating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hate them, just enjoy the comedy.

Jan 27, 2021, 10:31 AM

In fact I would pull for them over pretty much any SEC team (because comedy) except Vandy (because comedy).

Fulmer did something ###### to us once

Jan 27, 2021, 10:32 AM [ in reply to can someone remind me why we hate ]

turned us in or something

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

For me it was attending the '74 and '76 games in Knoxville

Jan 27, 2021, 10:37 AM [ in reply to can someone remind me why we hate ]

Both games were stolen by the refs. Almost fell out of the stadium trying to put a tiger rag in the middle of the "O" in VOLS in the end zone.

For me, it was the '74 and '76 games in Knoxville.

Jan 27, 2021, 10:45 AM [ in reply to can someone remind me why we hate ]

And the border line legal trick play with Stanley Morgan (from Easley) that beat us. Went to Knoxville for both and UT fans were some of the most inbred, lowlife trash. That seemingly had not changed a lot by the time we Peach Bowled them.

On a side note, of all the SEC teams we have played I'd have to say Alabama, Auburn and Texas A&M have the most decent fans of any I've been around in the SEC. Coots, Miss State, LSU, Dawgs, Vols, and Kentucky all suckhard.

Those Miss State fans

Jan 27, 2021, 10:50 AM

at the Peach Bowl in what I think was Bowden's first game. That was terrible. I got free tix from my BIL and they were on the Miss State side. I wanted to die.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting wars and for the general comedy factor***

Jan 27, 2021, 10:50 AM [ in reply to can someone remind me why we hate ]

Speaking of recruiting wars...

Jan 27, 2021, 11:04 AM

there was also this. As it turns out UT just paid more for these two and then urged the players to file suit.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/06/18/A-12-million-lawsuit-charging-Clemson-University-with-football/7431393220800/

Also...

Jan 27, 2021, 11:10 AM

Terry Minor was 'at' Charley Pell football camp at the same time as me. Our entire high school team went to camp, and Minor showed up with a high dollar camera around his neck and spent the couple of days we saw him taking pictures and riding around in a golf cart with coaches. Danny Ford was my position coach at camp senior year, he would be head coach less than a year later.

I don't really hate them, and never paid that much attn

Jan 27, 2021, 11:23 AM [ in reply to can someone remind me why we hate ]

to them until I married into it (dawghater2she is VFL, lulz). I find their current state to be hilarious.

HOWEVER...I will admit that I've gotten more #### talked to me by Tennessee people in the last 5 years than anyone else combined. So I make sure to dip my thumb in hot sauce before I stick in their eye these days.

Replies: 29
| visibility 498
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic