Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure if this is jounge or P&R, prob P&R I guess
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 378

Not sure if this is jounge or P&R, prob P&R I guess

Jan 14, 2021, 8:13 AM

Just got done navigating the VAMS website to get my mom signed up to receive the vaccine. First, that website fuckingsucksdick. Second, earliest available appointment is March 27th. Cheese and rice, and these are the dummbasses that are telling us how to live our lives, closing down our businesses, schools, etc. The don't know their heads from their a$ses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

My aunt said Fort Jackson was giving vaccines to any

Jan 14, 2021, 8:18 AM

active doody or retired military 70 or older yesterday, and dropping it to 65 today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell us

Jan 14, 2021, 8:29 AM

How you really feel ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one more failure of government

Jan 14, 2021, 8:35 AM

And that is not an attack on either side, they are all incompetent.

Have a friend that owns a pharmacy and he said they are going to be listed as a site. Going to let me know when they are ready to go so we can get one of the first available appointments, so hopefully my mom will get it much earlier, fangers crossed! He said the entire SC DHEC organization is screwing this up royally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Marshall a call!***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot about that!***

Jan 14, 2021, 8:39 AM

Well...I was kinda kidding, but hey....

Jan 14, 2021, 8:49 AM

I'm sure he would love a complaint call :)

What I understand from a nurse friend of mine that has something to do with vaccine distribution at AnMed in Anderson is that the initial phase was to be healthcare providers. But, a lot more healthcare providers...mainly lower level nurses and admin positions are choose not to get vaccinated. She said she didn't know of a single doctor that was not getting it for whatever that's worth.

Anyways, she said DHEC is having to move to stage 1b (I think) earlier that it had planned to and the distribution system isn't ready to handle it yet. It's got to be complicated as #### and being done in an incredibly short time, so I'm inclined to be a sympathetic to things being a little screwed up right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure if this is jounge or P&R, prob P&R I guess

Jan 14, 2021, 9:29 AM

I 100% agree that this has been an excellent show of ineptitude. Things will get better once the Moderna vaccine, which can be stored in a standard refrigerator freezer, has been fully disseminated to long term care centers. Moderna can then be ordered in minimal 100 unit allotments and individual doctors offices and pharmacies can dispense it.

However, the smarter play would be for governors to activate the National Guard which has a significant number of medical personnel and ask for medical retirees and current medical personnel to assist on their off time in giving mass vaccinations in large venues using the larger allotment of the Pfizer vaccine.

We are losing far more people here in SC and across the nation from virtually any disaster on a daily basis. Life saving surgeries are being canceled. If the current situation does not constitute an emergency, I don't know what does. Yet, the Federal and State responses for the most part do not even approximate a competent response.

The frustration that I experienced yesterday getting my elderly parents signed up had me saying a lot of words that have those aggressive c's and k's in them. I spent my life in health care. It doesn't have to be this way.

It is sad too. I read an article last night that only around 50% of the ancillary health care workers such as housekeeping, food services, etc were taking the vaccine while doctors and nurses were very much on board. It boiled down to a lack of education and in some cases fear based on experimentation on minorities in the past. This is sad as these individuals are the very ones who need the vaccine as many of them live in multigenerational households.

This is not DHEC's nor McMaster's finest day.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure if this is jounge or P&R, prob P&R I guess

Jan 14, 2021, 10:45 AM

big daddy,

I hope you get your moms taken care of quickly. I am sure it can be frustrating, but helping 350 million people is a daunting task.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 378
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic