Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Forgive my ignorance...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Forgive my ignorance...

Jul 9, 2019, 6:19 PM

Why did we form a woman’s softball program? Is it due to title 9? The financial investment is huge without the probability of any positive revenue. If they needed another woman’s sport why not resurrect the diving team? I believe that would be much more cost effective. I swear, I’m not being cantankerous I just look at the 13+ million dollars for a softball stadium that will rarely if ever, be filled and wonder if that money could have been spent in better places.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of all the women’s sports...

Jul 9, 2019, 8:13 PM

softball is my favorite. That’s no knock on the others, but softball is surprisingly unique, exciting to watch, and very competitive. I’m glad to see it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Forgive my ignorance...

Jul 9, 2019, 8:22 PM

Have you ever watched women’s softball? It’s much easier to watch than baseball. 2 hr game instead of 3 hour grams. The Women’s College World Series finals had a viewership that was close to that of the men’s World Series. With the ACC network starting it’s an investment that will pay off over time. As for Clemson, I expect the stadium to look as full as the baseball stadium relative to its size.

Jul 9, 2019, 9:15 PM

I had not thought about it but I think that you are right about the ACC network. They will only be able to show the next beatdown of Alabama so many times before other fan bases get tired of it. Having a presence in softball will go a long way to giving us exposure to a group that is not as familiar with Clemson.

Jul 9, 2019, 8:30 PM

Softball is huge, especially in the South and West. Every high school in my area has softball...I think its more exciting than baseball. Revenue be ######.

Jul 9, 2019, 9:18 PM

I like women . I also enjoy softball . They'll wear a Clemson uniform .... honestly having a tough time seeing what the problem is here .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 9, 2019, 10:56 PM

Ignorance not withstanding regarding women's softball, but back in the day when I was at Clemson, I had a classmate of mine in Architecture (call him Walter) who was from S. Fla., a hard core gang-banger with a lotta time on the streets, who was an intelligent guy and a tremendous athlete (handball champion.) He told me he signed up to ump the women's intramural softball program and had to leave after only two games because the language and the violence between the teams was too much for him to manage, or simply take. And on that note - Go Tiger Softball, it'll be a fun ride!!!

Jul 10, 2019, 7:08 AM

Softball's an immensely popular sport, and the state is loaded with softball talent. Clemson's way overdue getting into the sport. I think it's going to be a great addition to our athletic portfolio.

No

Jul 10, 2019, 7:44 AM

I do not forgive ignorance. That is what got this country in the mess we are in now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic