Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The start of the end for restrictor plates?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 316

The start of the end for restrictor plates?

Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/potential-engine-changes-consideration-phase-195000802--nascar.html

For the TL:DR crowd:

blah blah changes blah blah reduced horsepower blah blah probably not next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

I say they go back to using true stock cars...

Apr 2, 2014, 11:55 AM

Get a Mustang, Challenger, or whatever off of the lot and build it up from there. Speeds wouldn't be as great, but I feel it'd be more entertaining. Plus, that would knock Toyota out of racing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fusion, Camry and Chevy SS...right off the lot.

Apr 2, 2014, 12:00 PM

all V6's

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might as well quit racing in that case***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you here

Apr 2, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I say they go back to using true stock cars... ]

Its no longer stock car racing. Teams are so large and some teams even use other teams engines.

Watching teams build from a stock car would be fun and would probably produce better racing. Also, an easier way to go back to better racing is to go back to some short tracks. As of now, there are only two short tracks on the schedule if you dont include Richmond. When NASCAR was first introduced, Darlington was the "Superspeedway of Superspeedways" at 1.36 miles. Thats an average track now.

I would love to go see a cup race at Rockingham and a revamped North Wilkesboro.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

While I will agree with you, racing at the Rock was boring.***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:04 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the truck race there last spring

Apr 2, 2014, 12:05 PM

And it was entertaining. I just really like the history behind NASCAR, thats why I threw The Rock in there. Bring back Nashville, N. Wilkesboro, Greenville-Pickens, those kinda tracks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm shocked beyond shocked that NASCAR could not survive in

Apr 2, 2014, 12:17 PM

Nashville.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nashville track makes Bristol look big

Apr 2, 2014, 12:46 PM

tiny little thing. Talking about the one at the Fairgrounds. The new track they built about 15 years ago is big though. But one of those cookie-cutter 1.5s I believe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How fun would it be to watch Cup race there though?***

Apr 2, 2014, 1:19 PM

You forgot Chester Motor Speedway & Lancaster***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I watched the truck race there last spring ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I 77 and Cherokee!***

Apr 2, 2014, 12:52 PM

YES! Knock the glass out. Put a rollcage in. Go race.

Apr 2, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I say they go back to using true stock cars... ]

Otherwise, stop calling it "stock" car racing.

It would be the birth of a new age of muscle cars...

Apr 2, 2014, 12:12 PM

Imagine what automakers would come out with if they actually had to build something to compete in Nascar...Limitless possibilities.

Look at the early years of NASCAR and the products those

Apr 2, 2014, 12:14 PM

automakers were putting out for those cars. It would be awesome.

Ford Taurus was the root of this particular evil, now known

Apr 2, 2014, 12:17 PM

as templates.

My hope would be that they'd start offering base model

Apr 2, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Look at the early years of NASCAR and the products those ]

cars with the big motors in them, since everything else would be changed out anyway. I'd love to get my hands on a $25k Challenger with the 6.7 Hemi.

Oh man, I always hated those things.

Apr 2, 2014, 12:12 PM

Nothing worse than going out with a girl and finding out that she was wearing restrictor pants!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my pet peeve is they won't race when its raining

Apr 2, 2014, 12:43 PM

hey NASCAR - MY car runs just fine in the rain. My boss doesn't allow me to skip work because it's raining - he would fire me if I told him that I couldn't drive my car into work because the road was wet. Yes, I have to slow down somewhat because of the water, but bottom line - MY CAR STILL WORKS. News flash - SO does yours. If you drive too fast, you wreck. Just like real life.

So throw on some Goodyear Weatherbeaters, some Rain-X on the windshield, and make some freaking laps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 316
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic