Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazon responds to Parler lawsuit.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 523

Amazon responds to Parler lawsuit.

Jan 13, 2021, 10:54 AM

"This case is not about suppressing speech or stifling viewpoints. It is not about a conspiracy to restrain trade," Amazon argued in the court filing. "Instead, this case is about Parler's demonstrated unwillingness and inability to remove... content that threatens the public safety, such as by inciting and planning the rape, torture, and assassination of named public officials and private citizens."

Amazon cited more than a dozen examples of content posted to Parler that it said violated Amazon's policies.

"We are going to fight in a civil War on Jan.20th, Form MILITIAS now and acquire targets," one post said, according to the document, while another said: "White people need to ignite their racial identity and rain down suffering and death like a hurricane."

Other Parler posts included death threats against prominent Democrats such as former President Barack Obama, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez; Republicans including Georgia's secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger; and tech executives including Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google's parent company, Alphabet.

Parler users also targeted people of color, Black Lives Matter activists, Jews, teachers, the media, and professional sports leagues including the NBA, the NFL, the NHL, and MLB.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-responds-to-parler-lawsuit-cites-violent-content-section-230-2021-1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD???***

Jan 13, 2021, 12:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Need anymore proof?

Jan 13, 2021, 12:17 PM

AMAZON IS KILLING DISSENTING VOICES!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am starting to get concerned. They've been holding my

Jan 13, 2021, 12:23 PM

drone propellers hostage for 3 weeks, and now this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Assuming someone RA’d the death threats 19B linked

Jan 13, 2021, 12:21 PM [ in reply to WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS THREAD???*** ]

so deroberts wouldn’t get any ideas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It woulda been more than someone***

Jan 13, 2021, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For what it’s worth the moderation has been stricter lately

Jan 13, 2021, 12:47 PM

One RA and a crump click is all it takes.

I suppose I get it

Jan 13, 2021, 12:53 PM

Parler gets blackballed from every server farm in the States, I suppose I wouldn't want to be on a hosting provider hunt for T-net if the current provider has overly aggressive algorithms for monitoring their customer's usage.

Re: I suppose I get it

Jan 13, 2021, 12:58 PM

Yeah, I would expect mods to be on a bit of a hair trigger right now, what with some really thinking Civil War 2 needs to start any day now.

Probably a bit like making bomb jokes in an airport, especially following 9/11. Just...don't, right now.

Were those really offensive to, what, 5 people?

Jan 13, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Assuming someone RA’d the death threats 19B linked ]

That seems...odd. I'm not sure I've ever RA'd anything on thetigernet2.com, at least intentionally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not buying the RA angle.

Jan 13, 2021, 12:45 PM

I suspect Mod cold feet about anything remotely connected to that Parler stuff.

Agreed. And they should be transparent about it imo.***

Jan 13, 2021, 12:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good luck there. I have 20+ years in this place and

Jan 13, 2021, 12:58 PM

still have no clue what occasionally pushes the wrong overlord button or why some are immune from wrath.

Re: Were those really offensive to, what, 5 people?

Jan 13, 2021, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Were those really offensive to, what, 5 people? ]

I dunno. I just RA'd you again. You know, in the name of science.

If the banhammer comes down, my bad. ;)

Re: Were those really offensive to, what, 5 people?

Jan 13, 2021, 12:53 PM

(That was actually a joke. I didn't. But now my childish curiosity has me thinking about it...no. 19B is a cool guy. Bad quozzel.)

So...carry on.

Replies: 14
| visibility 523
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic