Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who were inside Raymond James Stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

For those who were inside Raymond James Stadium

Feb 27, 2017, 10:13 AM

Does seeing us win it live make you any less likely to shell out the cash to see it again if we make it there in the next few years? Would you pay 2017 ticket prices?

I would probably go to Atlanta or New Orleans (drivable distances), but would likely be content to tailgate and retreat to a nearby bar or hotel room to watch the game...close enough to get back for the victory celebration.

Or I will learn my lesson and order tickets through IPTAY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Order the tickets. Priceless having been there.***

Feb 27, 2017, 10:16 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

next time IPTAY won't be able to fulfill every order

Feb 27, 2017, 10:21 AM

but I can't envision a scenario where I don't see the clock strike 0 with the Tigers in the National Championship

no, but I like the model that everyone got atleast 2

Feb 27, 2017, 10:32 AM

tickets. I hate the model where you have to have a certain number of points to even get a ticket and then you look and the top donor levels are getting like 14 tickets each while others get none. That is total BS. They should start like they did for Tampa everyone gets a minimum of 2 and then it is tiered from there. It still was kinda out of sync with the uppers getting 12 & 14 tickets but I thought a start in the right direction.

Here was the breakdown from Tampa for IPTAY

1,000+ priority points – no more than 14 tickets
500-999 priority points – no more than 12 tickets
250-499 priority points – no more than 10 tickets
100-249 priority points – no more than 8 tickets
40-99 priority points – no more than 4 tickets
1-39 priority points – no more than 2 tickets

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after everyone hearing that "everyone in IPTAY got tickets"

Feb 27, 2017, 10:53 AM

I expect the number of 1-39 point donors to skyrocket making this harder to manage going forward

it may, but every donor should qualify for 2 tickets minimum

Feb 27, 2017, 11:12 AM

for any game, even if that means the big donors only get 6-8 tickets

Re: no, but I like the model that everyone got atleast 2

Feb 27, 2017, 11:56 AM [ in reply to no, but I like the model that everyone got atleast 2 ]

Granted everyone was able to get tickets this time, I don't see it happening in the future. It was impossible to get Auburn tickets, ACCCG tickets in 2015, etc as a lower point donor last year. The Natty was an anomaly in part to people assuming a price drop like last year and lower donors skipping on IPTAY tickets because of prior issues.

Re: next time IPTAY won't be able to fulfill every order

Feb 27, 2017, 10:58 AM [ in reply to next time IPTAY won't be able to fulfill every order ]

I was at both and absolutely worth it. Even the loss in Phoenix was worth it. Saw people I haven't seen since Clemson days and lived every minute of it

Re: For those who were inside Raymond James Stadium

Feb 27, 2017, 10:22 AM

I would do it again. This time buying early. I hesitated at a cost of $1000.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:25 AM

A better question would be, was it worth going in both 2016 and 2017?

The answer is YES!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes I would

Feb 27, 2017, 10:26 AM

Until I got there, I was kicking myself for making such an ridiculous financial decision. 1 ticket costing more than a season ticket....economically stupid.

I took my oldest son, and made it a reward for doing so well in school.
The minute we left, it became a guys trip and not just a football game
The minute we got to Tampa it became an experience
The minute we won it became an awesome memory. I've got a framed picture of he and I grinning ear to ear and the video board is re-showing the celebration of Renfrow's catch. Wouldn't have that if I was sitting on the couch.
Knowing what I know now, I would be a bargain at twice the price.

I don't know if I could justify ticket prices PLUS a last minute flight, but since I promised my youngest son that if we went back and he was old enough I would take him, I guess I would have to eat the cost.

Same hete

Feb 27, 2017, 10:37 AM

Probably was not clear in my original post. I was there … But I at a significant, Albeit much worthwhile, cost

Feb 27, 2017, 10:27 AM

i went the last 2 years. lots of money. i aint rich by any means but i wouldnt trade the experience for anything.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

I think it would be wise to start a special account just for such a trip. Believe me it is worth it. Another appearance in this game is very likely within the next few years. It is obvious to most that the Tigers are no "flash in the pan" and we be a contender again..... soon. Save up and
JOIN IPTAY

Feb 27, 2017, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: For those who were inside Raymond James Stadium ]

You, sir, are a true Clemson fan. Well done.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will go to every playoff game that we are in

Feb 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

as long as I have the money and a wing man/lady

Being in the stadium was worth every penny because winning it again is not definite

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yes, I'd shell out the cash to see it again.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:50 AM

Tampa was awesome & a experience I'll never forget.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:54 AM

Only if it was in a really cool location I haven't been too.

Feb 27, 2017, 10:54 AM

We kicked ourselves for not going to Phoenix. Made the trip to Tampa and wouldn't trade it for the world. We joined iptay for this upcoming season for the first time. I would drive to Alaska to watch us play for the natty. What an awesome experience!

I've said this on here before.....

Feb 27, 2017, 11:00 AM

that 30-45 minutes after the game was over, when the stadium was 100% Clemson fans - whooping, hugging, crying, and high-fiving while our players were on the field accepting the trophy - was maybe the most blissful moment I have ever had as a sports fan.

I've watched 100 different games in many different sports over the years on TV, with players and fans reveling like kids in snow from the confetti falling from the sky. Great moments all.

But at 1AM in the morning on a chilly Monday night in Tampa Fla, I had a moment of realization that all that confetti, for the first time in my life, was FOR ME. MY team.

And that was worth WAY more money than I had spent on that ticket and trip. I'd do it again for twice the price.

would def go if it's ATL but I'm so

Feb 27, 2017, 11:00 AM

Broke from paying for that that I'll have to pay off some bills if it's somewhere out west.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Feb 27, 2017, 11:03 AM

Yes I would go to the next one paying the same amount.

Spent $4000 for 2 excellent tickets. Consider it a bargain_

Feb 27, 2017, 11:39 AM

for a memory of a lifetime.

Yes - would do again.

Feb 27, 2017, 11:52 AM

Be there. Aloha.

I'd purchase again at the same price.

Feb 27, 2017, 12:06 PM

At least one more time. ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noooooo!!!!

Feb 27, 2017, 12:17 PM

It is an indescribably amazing experience. I wish I could go back and replay the whole trip over and over! I could never miss one now that Ive been.

Feb 27, 2017, 12:18 PM

I was there I only spent $450 on my ticket so it was well worth what I spent! Definitely something I will never forget in my life! Besides the birth of my kids that probably will be one of my greatest memories!

Feb 27, 2017, 2:03 PM

We went last year and year also. We've spent a ton of money and it was totally worth it, but we can't afford to go again. In my lifetime, the will not be a greater game.

Watching Watson connect with Renfrow

Feb 27, 2017, 2:14 PM

to win the CFB Playoff in person, with all of my kids present - PRICELESS! The chance to do it again? Absolutely!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. Just experiencing the celebration in the

Feb 27, 2017, 5:59 PM

stands after the Renfrow catch was worth the cost.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely, YES

Feb 27, 2017, 5:06 PM

I had not planned on going to Arizona last year because of cost and if I'm honest, fear of losing. My daughter won a student ticket so we made the trip last minute. Despite the loss, it was a fantastic experience that I almost missed. This year my son came along as well and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Experiences like these are truly priceless! When we make it back again, I'll do everything in my power to be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 5:10 PM

I put the experience up there with the most monumental moments of my life such as marriage and childbirth. If you look at it like that, it's a lot cheaper than both of those. I would definitely do it again every year if the team makes it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic