Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those questioning the O-Line's performance, take a look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

For those questioning the O-Line's performance, take a look

Sep 10, 2017, 7:34 PM

at Auburn's D-Line and LBs.

Jeff Holland - 4-Star, Under Armour All-American, #1 player in FLA.

Dontavius Russell - 4-Star, Under Armour All-American, 3-year starter.

Derrick Brown - 5-Star, U.S. Army All-American Defensive Player Of The Year, Max Preps National Player Of The Year, USA Today All-American, #9 overall rated HS player.

Marlon Davidson - High 4-Star, USA Today, MaxPreps and Under Armour All-American, #4 rated SDE and top 25 player overall, started all 13 games last year as a true freshman, SEC All-Freshman team.

Darrell Williams - 4-Star, 2 interceptions and a fumble recovery in the Under Armour All American game, Top 10 OLB in HS by Scout and Rivals.

Deshaun Davis - 3-Star, ESPN #14 LB, started every game last year, 5 tackles and 3 QB hurries against us last year, and 10 tackles with 4 Tackles For Loss against Alabama.

Tre Williams - 5-star, Under Armour All-American, 247 #1 LB, #22 overall, Rivals #2 LB, led team in tackles 4 games last year.

This is an extremely talented, experienced group. That may have had something to do with the way our O-line appeared to play last night. Louisville won't be bringing that kind of a load, and in fact, nobody outside of FSU should come close. And hey, we won.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Allbarn takes 4 and 5 stars and turns them into 2 and 3

Sep 10, 2017, 7:37 PM

star players under Gus

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Allbarn takes 4 and 5 stars and turns them into 2 and 3

Sep 10, 2017, 7:44 PM

I hear he likes to actually be called Gustavo. I have very close sources to him. (Cough cough Auburnfan)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Allbarn takes 4 and 5 stars and turns them into 2 and 3

Sep 10, 2017, 8:01 PM

Gustavo Freign?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gus is definitely not the genius messiah they'd hoped for.***

Sep 10, 2017, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Allbarn takes 4 and 5 stars and turns them into 2 and 3 ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: For those questioning the O-Line's performance, take a look

Sep 10, 2017, 7:37 PM

The only play I didn't like was the one where pollard came in and just looked like he had no idea what the protection was and let the play get blown up.

I think we made some mistakes, no doubt, but I don't

Sep 10, 2017, 7:41 PM

think it was a poor performance overall by any means. Auburn peeps are beotching about their offense and O-line too, but it's the same thing; Our D had everything to do with that, and only a few of them realize it and can accept it.

- H. L. Mencken

No worry. People gripe and complain about things they

Sep 10, 2017, 7:44 PM

know nothing about on here every day! Nothing new!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were hihgly recruited coming out of high-school

Sep 10, 2017, 7:49 PM

...nobody can deny that.

Agree that may be the best DL we see all year (either them or FSU).

I'm still chuckling about Sean Pollard and Maverick Morris blocking each other....we can (and have) played better on the OL. Go Tigers

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely some things that need to be cleaned up, and Dabo

Sep 10, 2017, 7:54 PM

himself pointed out his disappointment with RT last night. I have confidence we will get those things ironed out; Pollard and Anchrum are too good not too.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: They were hihgly recruited coming out of high-school

Sep 10, 2017, 8:01 PM [ in reply to They were hihgly recruited coming out of high-school ]

Look...it was a mis-communication...you have that occasionally on every team, where 1 player or the other gets the play call wrong. It happens on every single team...especially in the earlier parts of the season. It will highlight some areas for improvement though, but if it makes a different outcome it is usually because the overall team is not good enough to overcome mistakes. It is a testament that the team can loose the turnover ratio and still be dominant in the game against a ranked team. To expect more is unrealistic at best...they did well!!!!

Sep 10, 2017, 7:55 PM

their D has more star power than I understood, but they were clearly good (all you Steele haters should take note). you will not hear me say Auburn is a bad team and I believe they will prove to have a great season. Gus has built so.ething down there and I am glad he has not overtaken us.

Sep 10, 2017, 8:03 PM

I dont care for Steel. I wish we could have hung more points but they are a good D like last year and I suspected this would be the low scoring grinder it was

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic