Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who didn't travel to College Station
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

For those of you who didn't travel to College Station

Sep 3, 2019, 4:29 PM

last year, the Texas A&M fans were without a doubt, the friendliest, most hospitable fans I have ever seen. And that was the general consensus of every tiger we talked to. From the moment we landed wearing our orange, we were welcomed and told they hoped we would have a great visit. We were asked if we had any questions or needed anything. This happened repeatedly and everywhere we went - campus, restaurants, bars, hotels, stores, museums, on the street, in Ubers, etc. And it was EVERYONE - young, old, students, university staff, 20-somethings packed into crowded bars, even people who probably never went to college. We were invited to join multiple tailgates. Even after losing a close game, the fans smiled warmly, thanked us for coming, and said they looked forward to making the trip to Clemson this year. No one ever said an unkind word, and we were never taunted. I thought our tiger fans were the friendliest in the country, until I went there! This week, PLEASE do your best to show them the same kind of hospitality they showed us. It was incredible!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you who didn't travel to College Station

Sep 3, 2019, 4:34 PM

why would you think we would not. that is a given.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

It's a given at DV even if you've never been to an away game and saw or felt how you are treated by away fans. To be 1000%%% honest, as bad as coot fans are to us Clemson Nation at Billy Brice, we still do our best to treat their fan base with respect when they come to DV. The only problems I've seen at DV, is when visitors come their with a disrespectful attitude, and a lot of times that is even ignored if they will just move on and leave it alone....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 4:36 PM

I agree with you 100%. The first time that we went there was a trip that we still talk about in a positive way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 4:39 PM

Great post. Let's show some real southern hospitality. For sure don't behave like our "coot" or "doggy" neighbors.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 4:42 PM

I’m sure our Clemson hospitality will shine through. I hope we can continue that tradition .

Sep 3, 2019, 4:49 PM

I went when CTB was coach. They were the same. We sat w colleagues from A&M.. Good people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 5:00 PM

From our vantage, we had gracious guests who were genuinely interested in experiencing game day in Aggieland. We don't see the point in having the traditions we have if our guests hate us for them, so when gracious guests come visit, like Clemson, it makes it even easier to go out of our way.

All around us Clemson fans were interested in seeing the Corps March In, asked about the details behind seemingly odd traditions (like why the Yell Leaders well janitor outfits), and witnessing Midnight Yell the night before.

On game day, I had a family of Tigers sitting next to me in a sea of maroon alumni. They loved the atmosphere, the songs our band played, asked about various things while still yelled their lungs out for the Tigers, cheering on scores. To begin the fourth quarter, the Tiger family even "Sawed Varsity's Horns Off" at the end of the Aggie Warm Hymn. Both of us "sit-stood" with anxiety toward the dramatic end. When it was over, she turned to me beaming, glad for the win and proud of her team, and said "I feel like I need to give you this". It was a $2 dollar bill with a Clemson paw print.

Pretty cool night and weekend all around. Only possible with good hosts AND guests.

Gig 'em

Thank you! We were intrigued by Midnight Yell

Sep 3, 2019, 5:43 PM

and many of the other unique traditions at Texas A&M! I am glad we were gracious guests! Most Tigers try to be gracious guests and good hosts. Looking forward to meeting and welcoming Aggies this weekend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 5:52 PM

Agree 100%. Everyone treated us so we'll. It was a great experience.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2019, 6:55 PM

Aggie here,

Always been a fan of Clemson and it’s alumni, classy folks! I’ve always had a great time with them both at home and at Clemson! Nothing but class!

Last years game was awesome and competitive, hope my Aggies can at the very least give your Tigers a similar game like last year!

Looking forward to my 2nd time at Death Valley! Should be a good one!

Gig’em

Having grown up in Texas

Sep 3, 2019, 6:57 PM

I graduated from Baylor and my family and friends(including me) were always anti-Aggie. So I was very disappointed when I took my family out to College Station. I didn’t run into one obnoxious Aggie fan. Everyone of them was gracious and hospitable. They were all proud of their university and their traditions and wanted to help us understand what was going on. They made it impossible to hate them like I wanted to. I know the Tiger fans won’t harass them, but I’m hoping that the same welcoming atmosphere will be provided to their fans that was provided to us. The group of fans that will follow their team across the country will probably be the best of the best. So, let’s go out of our way to welcome some other legitimate college football fans.

Re: Having grown up in Texas

Sep 4, 2019, 12:33 PM

If you have ever been to a game in DV, then you know that Tiger nation is a very welcoming host to any fan base that comes to DV to see their team play and hopefully compete at a high level. Tiger nation is know around college sports as a welcoming/gracious host to all respectful guest coming in for whatever the their reasons are. There are a few bad fans at every venue with every fan base of college sports, and IF our guest ever run across one of those bad fans, just let it be known, it will be taken care of admediently if not sooner!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always do

Sep 3, 2019, 8:53 PM

Part of being a Clemson Tiger

Sep 3, 2019, 9:03 PM

Agree 100%

Has something changed on Tiger Town? We are always

Sep 3, 2019, 9:09 PM

Warm, hospitable, and classy to opposing fans. Including UofSC and UGA.

Am I missing something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Nope - another team from TX was awesome visitors too

Sep 3, 2019, 9:27 PM

Horned Frogs came in and won a close one - some of the nicest folks to grace the valley - I'm figuring the TX folks are just alright folks and kin to us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has something changed on Tiger Town? We are always

Sep 4, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Has something changed on Tiger Town? We are always ]

We do have a lot of new bandwagon fans...they may be ex-coots that think being obnoxious to opposing fans is normal, like in Cola.

I’d hate for some newbs to ruin everything.

Sep 4, 2019, 12:52 PM

When I was able to make the trips to DV on gameday, I was and still am proud of the way that opposing fans talked about how well they were treated at Clemson/DV... And I have always felt that it was our unquestionable duty as a part of Tiger nation to make sure that our guest felt welcome and safe while they were on campus at Clemson University, and in the city of Clemson!!!

Sep 5, 2019, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Has something changed on Tiger Town? We are always ]

FSU!!!

Sep 3, 2019, 10:15 PM

If we have a true sister school, it's Texas A&M. I went out there in 2004 and it was the same thing. Their fans are great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:49 PM

Awesome thread- Aggies have ALWAYS prided themselves on being the most gracious hosts possible so all visitors know a little bit ehat being an Aggie means and what our values are.

If you can, please stay to watch ouf Fightin Texas Aggie Band at halftime. it is truly a once in a lifetime thing if you dont visit A&M. very unique and unbelievable. You’ll see!

Good luck Saturday/ should be a good one!

Sep 4, 2019, 1:31 PM

I feel that it will be another good one with two talented teams squaring off and butting heads to see who can gain the most real estate and crossing the line at each end of the field. If it makes me a bad fan for saying my Tigers will win the battle, then I'm proud to be a bad fan!!! Gooo Tigers, beef is on the menu, and table manners isn't required, just don't bite off more than you can chew bc that can lead to choking. Just break off the horns and rip out the guts, and it easy pickings from there!!!

Be classy as all Tiger fans always are - GO TIGERS***

Sep 4, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 5:01 PM

Thanks for sharing. We welcome them all.....even though we are going to dominate their team:<)

Those of us non-bandwagon fans who went in 2004

Sep 5, 2019, 5:14 PM

experienced the same thing.

Sep 5, 2019, 5:22 PM

Being a Northerner, i've always wanted to make the trek down to Death Valley to watch my Tigers but deciding on the team was limited because it obviously needed to be a home game. After reading this I really hope A&M is another home game for us as this is the game I'd love to see in person.

Jimbo’s trash culture will eventually clash with that environment***

Sep 5, 2019, 6:11 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 5, 2019, 6:36 PM

This thread reminded me of the following thread from last year.

Based on the Clemson Tigers I met in College Station last year, I have no doubt Aggies will be treated well in Clemson Saturday!

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/My-A38;M-experience-1823717

Sep 5, 2019, 8:34 PM

Like the OBC said.......all fans are nice and welcoming until you get up 21 on them.

Was there also and agree 100%***

Sep 5, 2019, 8:52 PM

Was there also and agree 100%***

Sep 5, 2019, 8:52 PM

Sep 5, 2019, 9:59 PM

Agree fans there were great, great environment to play in and see the campus and Bush Museum

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic