Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those acting completely unfazed by losing recruits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

For those acting completely unfazed by losing recruits

Dec 21, 2018, 6:49 PM

I admire you. I wish them well when the choose elsewhere but I’m not going to lie it disappoints me when people don’t love my university, heck everybody loves a winner and Clemson is the epitome of wining. Kids are going to be kids....oh well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those acting completely unfazed by losing recruits

Dec 21, 2018, 6:52 PM

Hmmmm. Last I checked, we signed 26 dram great kids. Future looks bright.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

27***

Dec 21, 2018, 7:56 PM

Dec 21, 2018, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: For those acting completely unfazed by losing recruits ]

ty
some of these people sound like coots.
All is better than ever.
Relax.

Thanks for the admiration.***

Dec 21, 2018, 6:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was talking to me.***

Dec 21, 2018, 9:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I envy you.. I wish my life was so carefree that the

Dec 21, 2018, 6:54 PM

Only stress I had was sports.

My youngest son is running around in his underwear screaming cause his brother ate won of his chicken nuggets.

Hooochie mama!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I envy you.. I wish my life was so carefree that the

Dec 21, 2018, 10:05 PM

Amen to that. Sounds like a day in my life.

I wonder if Crouch had a commitable offer

Dec 21, 2018, 6:55 PM

Something weird was going on with him. He was all but a Clemson lock. Then he suddenly visits UT, and it becomes a competition between UM and UT, with Clemson pretty much out of the picture. Then, he bumps up his announcement/decision out of the blue.

I doubt we'll ever know the whole truth, but it smells funny to me and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Clemson quitely pulled his offer sometime in the past few weeks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup..bagman.. gotta be***

Dec 21, 2018, 6:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I agree. I have a feeling he must have been a silent

Dec 21, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to I wonder if Crouch had a commitable offer ]

commit and then took that visit. If he wasn't a silent commit, the visit would have been no big deal with our staff. But if he was a silent, then the visit would have been a problem. They may have fought for him hard right up until the last minute today, but I don't get that feeling. I get the feeling they looked at what we have and decided he was more drama than he was worth.

I also agree with you in that it was very fishy that all of a sudden his announcement date moved up from Jan. 5 to tonight, the last night of the early signing. I get the feeling he knew that by January 5th, it would be common knowledge that Clemson was no longer recruiting him and his announcement would lack the drama that he wanted.

You nailed it!***

Dec 21, 2018, 8:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. I have a feeling he must have been a silent

Dec 21, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to I agree. I have a feeling he must have been a silent ]

Poasted this same scenario around 1 PM elsewhere after TN fan poasted the announcement in an asking format.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 7:07 PM

Good luck young man. You will need it.

I hope he can help the Vols get more

Dec 21, 2018, 7:09 PM

competitive with Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

Millions of people choose the dark side every day.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:11 PM

Shouldn't be surprised when football players do too.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:53 PM

Did we not get everyone we wanted? I bet we do fine next 2-3 years. Just a hunch on my part.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:26 PM

If something funny was going on with Crouch, Dabo withdrew his offer. Dabo is not forgiving of deceit or lying. That's a big "if" because I don't know the situation. It doesn't bother me. I like the class our coaches assembled.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 21, 2018, 10:11 PM

Life is about choices — good and bad. No worries ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would I get upset over a kid not smart enough

Dec 21, 2018, 10:18 PM

to chose Clemson?

Dec 22, 2018, 8:25 AM

There were more than one recruit the Tigers originally wanted that went elsewhere - Webb and Pickens and now Crouch just to name a few. During the recruiting process things change and players find other things they want and places to go. It's nothing PERSONAL about the Clemson Program, it is business for them just like it is for Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another way to look at it

Dec 22, 2018, 9:22 AM

is that if they aren't 100% all in then do we really want them at Clemson. I think a lot of recruits really like Clemson, but for whatever reason they chose to go somewhere else. Maybe it's due to perceived amount of early playing time, maybe it's due to a relative getting in their ear, maybe it's due to some other thing we'll never know about...who knows.

All I know is that I don't get all bunged up about it because I only want players at Clemson that really want to be there. That's why when a player doesn't appear 100% in I'm ok with them moving on. A good example is the whole Belk thing earlier this year. I was glad that Dabo released him and he moved on. Crouch is another example. Could be a great person and a phenomenal athlete, but if he doesn't want to be at Clemson then good luck elsewhere.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic