Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the wrestling fans ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,488

For the wrestling fans ....

Jan 16, 2021, 1:51 PM

Not sure if everyone knows this but Trump gave Dan Gable the “Medal of Freedom”. When I was at Clemson my roommate was a wrestler and I was good friends with most of the wrestling team. We were roommates after college as well so I was one of those people that was very disappointed when the wrestling team got axed! I’m still friends with many of those guys today.

I’m not sure if it’s still there because I haven’t looked in the last year or so with everything that’s been going on but there was/is a Facebook page, “Friends of Clemson Wrestling” that was put together when they were trying to resurrect Clemson wrestling.

You might want to keep an eye on it during football season because each fall the wrestling team and the soccer team have a reunion weekend. It’s usually the same weekend if I recall, but @BigCUFan can confirm. So if you were friends with any wrestlers or soccer players when you were in school that would be a good time to try and catch up with them.

We had several wrestlers from Summerville and the Charleston area. For those of you that were at Clemson in the 80s you probably knew my roommate and some of the other guys if you followed wrestling. One of the guys from Charleston, David Lassiter, became a Navy seal.

Anyway this is a podcast I enjoy and he posted this from a few years ago and when you hear him describe Dan Gable‘s accomplishments it is truly mind blowing. For those of you that Don’t know anything about wrestling, the Midwest is where it is at in America and the Big Ten is harder in wrestling than the SEC is in football. If Nick Saban won 15 national championships and 21 SEC championships people would be losing their minds! Well that’s what Dan Gable did after being arguably the greatest wrestler of all time When he became head coach at Iowa.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/pRzelZlKl7E

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the wrestling fans ....

Jan 16, 2021, 2:39 PM

Wrestled Craig Harris- Summerville in 81.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the wrestling fans ....

Jan 16, 2021, 7:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,488
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic