Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the idiots who think Spurrier owned Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

For the idiots who think Spurrier owned Clemson

Oct 14, 2015, 6:52 PM

I've seen a lot of false information about Spurrier supposedly owning Clemson while at South Carolina and at Duke which is by no means true. I get sick of people posting false information that if factually completely wrong. Spurrier coached at Duke from 85-89, in which his record was 1-4 against Clemson, the one win coming in 1989 when he one his one ACC championship. Spurrier coached at South Carolina from 2005-2015ish (quit in the middle like a pansy) and was 6-4 against Clemson during these years. We will never no but 10/10 college football analysts would probably say it would have been 6-5 against Clemson had he stuck around this this year instead of bailing on a sinking ship. Regardless, Spurrier has a 7-8 losing record against Clemson overall. I get they had that 5 year streak which was their programs single greatest accomplishment but 6-4 overall record is not owning a team. A record like 66-44-4 is more a record of one team owning another.

Sources: http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/duke/clem.shtml
http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/sc/clem.shtml

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You multiply each by 11 and reverse the win loss, and

Oct 14, 2015, 6:58 PM

you get reality. But obviously, same ratio, so...neither "owns" the other. But one is definitely the big dog in the fight.

I promise I'm not a coot, but I just did the math on winning

Oct 14, 2015, 7:02 PM

percentage and our overall record is 66.7% which is good...

OBS's record is also 66.7%
Yes, he only has 10 attempts, but to say that people are idiots for thinking he "owns" us the math shows that the winning percentages are identical.

Don't worry about what the media says. We will have this streak up to 70-44 pretty soon and we could get ahead of them this decade bc they are destined to be basement dwellers.

Re: I promise I'm not a coot, but I just did the math on winning

Oct 14, 2015, 7:06 PM

Stats and facts mean little some, Bobby Bowden is the only other coach that comes to mind that beat us 5 in a row.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya I thought the same thing....

Oct 14, 2015, 7:12 PM [ in reply to I promise I'm not a coot, but I just did the math on winning ]

"A 6-4 overall record is not owning a team. A record like 66-44-4 is more a record of one team owning another." Very similar percentages...

Similar percentages, yes, but data set very different

Oct 14, 2015, 7:34 PM

Spurrier has two more wins against Clemson while at Scar than losses. Clemson has 24 more wins in the overall record against South Carolina than it does losses. I realize it's hard to compare different data size groups.

Re: Ya I thought the same thing....

Oct 14, 2015, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Ya I thought the same thing.... ]

While they may be similar percentages, they are not, however, similar sample sizes. 6/10 and 60/100 are two completely different things. One is winning the majority of the time over the course of ten games and the other is doing that same feat ten times consecutively.

Simply put, you change the outcome of one of spurrier's wins over Clemson while at scar to a Clemson win and it's an even 5-5. You'd have to change 11 games in the all-time series to accomish an even record in the rivalry.

Ding, ding, ding. nm***

Oct 14, 2015, 9:17 PM

You aren't too good at math, 6-4 is 60%, 7-8 is 46.67%

Oct 14, 2015, 9:43 PM [ in reply to I promise I'm not a coot, but I just did the math on winning ]

So Spurrier won 46.67% of all his games against Clemson and 60% while at Usuc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the idiots who think Spurrier owned Clemson

Oct 14, 2015, 7:06 PM

Well, he did pretty much own us while he was a cack, but that was what his job was.

That's all cacks have to live for. That's their reality- living for playing Clemson, like a chicken in its coop. They see nothing else; he tried to show them something else, and they failed.

Meanwhile, it took our coach four years to figure out our rival isn't Auburn. Forgive him, for he is from Alabama (as am I, so I'm not being racist).

LOL. 6-4 is owning? And he was about to be 6-5......sure, he

Oct 14, 2015, 7:11 PM

owns us.

Or how about 66-42-4?

Oct 14, 2015, 7:10 PM

Which is the ACTUAL record in the series? I mean, it's at the top of the link's webpage. It ain't hard to find and correctly type in a post.

~JKB

My bad sorry about the post

Oct 14, 2015, 7:37 PM

Typed it out very fast. My message is also full of all kinds of spelling and grammatical errors. There is no edit function available to me. You are correct though and I should never give the Gamecocks two games they have never won.

Thanks for that. I encounter many idiots

Oct 14, 2015, 4:35 PM

When we win this year, I'm tagging it to the OBS. 6 and 5 it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is 2-1 "owning"?

Oct 14, 2015, 7:35 PM

It is 67% by the way.

200-100 is the same ratio, but certainly earns the "owning" title, don't you think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

66-42 over 108 games

Oct 14, 2015, 7:41 PM

That's a 24 game lead.

You wanna compare to 6-4 on pct over a 10 year period? Maybe Spurrier buys it. Makes sense in light of his bailing while facing losses this year and next...

Re: For the idiots who think Spurrier owned Clemson

Oct 14, 2015, 7:48 PM

Spurrier made some unforgiveable comments about Clemson when we went on probation. He was at Duke then. He has always been a jerk!

Agreed. 6-4 is not dominance.

Oct 14, 2015, 9:37 PM

Only one game past 50-50. I would agree he dominated Dabo but in the end we have Dabo someone they'd like to find as their new HC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic