Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For everyone trying to decide whether to pull for Bama...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

For everyone trying to decide whether to pull for Bama...

Nov 2, 2018, 11:25 AM

There are basically three main scenarios you have to root for (think can happen) if you do not want Bama to make CFP.

First, Bama loses to LSU and then LSU wins out to claim the West. Yes, Bama could still potentially make it like last year, but that leads to the other scenarios you have to pull for...

Two out these three must happen:

A) ND wins out going undefeated.

B) Michigan or Ohio State win out as well finishing with BIG Champ and only 1 loss.

C) Oklahoma goes on a roll and wins out winning Big 12 and only 1 loss.

A 1-loss Bama without playing in SEC-CG, even with being anointed they greatest team ever, will not displace a 1-loss Michigan, Ohio St, or Oklahoma with a conference championship, or an undefeated ND. Those programs have enough historical clout that they could not be left out in favor of 1-loss Bama that did not win their division. This also assumes we win out, which I fully expect to happen.

Now, my personal hope is to have the SEC left out entirely. Think that can't happen? Here you go.... A, B and C above all happen along with Clemson winning out. Those 4 are in if in the SEC...

- LSU beats Bama and A&M and wins the West
- East Champ has 2 losses and beats LSU in SEC-CG (Either UGA beats Kentucky and then loses to Auburn or GT; or Kentucky beats UGA then loses to Tenn or Louisville). Just think...the ACC could be the main foil in making the SEC miss the CFP. Now that would be golden!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For everyone trying to decide whether to pull for Bama...

Nov 2, 2018, 11:30 AM

I like your no SEC scenario. I dont decide w Bama. My natural DNA is to pull against them. No way I can over ride

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 11:56 AM

Like it or not but Bama has a lot of clout. I think I would cherish another championship win over them more so than any of the others in the running. Keep in mind, the “experts” have proclaimed them all season to be the greatest team ever! What a big win that would be

If Clemson wins again in Jan, I won't care if we beat UCF and Wazzu to do it.***

Nov 2, 2018, 1:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 2, 2018, 12:03 PM

laissez le bon temps rouler ;)

Can I roll one out of your bag for later?

Nov 2, 2018, 2:39 PM

I wouldn't smoke it until I get home, I promise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 6:00 PM

WHat it boils down to is wanting ND in the semi over Bama in the semi. We truck ND, we can beat Bama but come out of that game beat up going in to the NC. I want Bama but in the NC .

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic