Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams

Jul 31, 2019, 12:21 PM

Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams

Clemson’s kickoff coverage teams were manned by a mix of older and younger players last season, but there will be an infusion of youth this season. What is Brent Venables looking for on that unit? Hitters and runners. Heat-seeking missiles. Puppies that bit Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sign me up

Jul 31, 2019, 12:46 PM

6' 195lbs, sick in the head, and fast

Re: Sign me up

Jul 31, 2019, 1:34 PM

Me to coach, 5'11" 220-lbs, I always loved that man up feeling when you challenged another man that was bigger, and I use to be really fast but, at age 66, I have lost a step or two, but some of the skittish guys could slow them down until I get there, and I'll try to punish them for taking that ball and running with it, I'm game coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sign me up

Jul 31, 2019, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Sign me up ]

Can or will you bite Puppy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams

Jul 31, 2019, 1:06 PM

;)

Re: TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams

Jul 31, 2019, 1:08 PM

Best I can ever recall was David Dunham. That dude was a fearless train wreck. Never forget the hit he put on Troy Williamson on a kick off. Absolutely knocked the shicken-schit outa him and made him cough up the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 1:22 PM

If BT plays like he did last year, and consistently puts kickoffs I’m the back of the endzone it won’t matter who we put out there. But I do think it’s important for the development of younger guys to be on Special Teams. I look forward to see how well BT does again this year!

Go Tigers!

Jul 31, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams ]

was it david or steve dunham that put one of the greatest hits of all time on matt ryan,then qb for bc?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

DD

Jul 31, 2019, 2:02 PM

https://247sports.com/Video/David-Dunham-Nailing-Matt-Ryan-1322280/

Re: DD

Jul 31, 2019, 8:41 PM

Oh my goodness!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DD

Aug 1, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to DD ]

Obviously, this was in the days before the targeting rule! I don't think you could do this today, and stay in the game!
But DD has a highlight on youtube!

Jul 31, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams ]

That was a nasty hit!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 4:38 PM

Looked mean even in slow motion.

Jul 31, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Puppies that bite: Venables looking for runners and hitters on coverage teams ]

Chad Deihl was a head hunter when I was at Clemson...Dude would take your head off on kickoff coverage. I think Vonta Bentley will make his name on special teams this year too!!!

Jul 31, 2019, 4:00 PM

Swear to God, I would run down the field on kickoffs for the Tigers.

For all this talk of special teams

Jul 31, 2019, 4:31 PM

We can't find a good kick returner.
I've only seen 2 in the last 30 years....Justin Miller, Spiller

Re: For all this talk of special teams

Jul 31, 2019, 4:48 PM

Wasn't it Billy Davis (not sure) who was absolutely fearless. Never fair caught - never muffed or fumbled. Toughest punt returner I ever saw.

Danny always said he wanted the best eleven players on special teams. Guys that would play with "reckless abandon".

Re: For all this talk of special teams

Jul 31, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to For all this talk of special teams ]

Looks like the day of the kick returner is gradually becoming extinct due to rules and such.
What a shame. One of the most exciting plays in football but it's all about protecting the player now.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic