Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the sunshine pumpers and there are way too many...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

For all the sunshine pumpers and there are way too many...

Dec 3, 2013, 8:42 AM

From David Hoods article for those who missed it...

"The sad truth is that if there are two teams Clemson has to beat on their schedule each season, it’s Florida St. and South Carolina. Over the last two seasons, Clemson has lost four games – two to FSU and two to South Carolina.

Overall, Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney is just 3-9 against those two programs. One of those wins was against South Carolina in 2008 when he still had the interim tag. One win came in 2009, a 40-24 win against Florida St. in the DeAndre McDaniel-Christian Ponder game. At that point, he was 2-2 against those two teams.

Since the end of the 2009 season, the record is 1-7, the lone win coming in 2011 against Florida St. at home.

Clemson had four turnovers against Florida St. this season, and six more against South Carolina in the regular season finale. Overall, the Tigers are minus-12 in the turnover margin in the five losses to South Carolina, losing that battle 15-3.

Beating good teams is hard enough without beating yourself, especially in the biggest games. Beating good teams with the kind of mistakes that say you still have a long way to go is impossible, and turn 17-17 tie games into two touchdown defeats, an all-too familiar story for Clemson coaches, fans and players."

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Comedy-errors-leads-loss-must-win-game-12282

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shhh...

Dec 3, 2013, 8:44 AM

Don't tell the truth.

Really what is your truth? Do you want Clemson fans to give

Dec 3, 2013, 8:47 AM

up and become USuC fans? You like nothing about Clemson so what is your truth you speak of because I ain't buying it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you can't see how horrible those stats are in the two

Dec 3, 2013, 8:50 AM

games clemson has to win to reach it's stated goals of: the acc & state championships, i can't help you.

i don't see david hood calling for anyone's head. it needs to be fixed. instead of improving, we gave it to them 6 times. if you want to back 1 or 2 out because the game was already out of reach, so be it thomas, but dear lord stop ignoring that complete abortion of D1 football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are horrible stats. Turnovers is one of the biggest.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:54 AM

Our D has been good all year at getting turnovers but we get none when we really need them. On the other hand dropping balls on 2 returns that would have given our O more plays to move it down the field were killers.

It needs to be fixed. Do a SWOT and identify who, what, how, etc. If not, we will never take the next step.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So david thinks we should fire dabo too?***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you see where it says "fire dabo"? FIX IT. if he can't

Dec 3, 2013, 8:47 AM

then we need to move on or change our expectations.

either works.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he said we should fire

Dec 3, 2013, 8:48 AM [ in reply to So david thinks we should fire dabo too?*** ]

Jack

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i don't think jack's gonna like this.***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:51 AM

You don't know jack***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if jack helped you off the horse

Dec 3, 2013, 8:58 AM

would you help jack off the horse?

Well....turnabout is fair play.

Dec 3, 2013, 9:12 AM

Wait, wut?

i'd fire jack first, but that's just me.***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:28 AM

Re: So david thinks we should fire dabo too?***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:32 AM [ in reply to So david thinks we should fire dabo too?*** ]

I didn't see that said or implied. however, he must get a new OC and DC. For the 7 figures they make they are not delivering except against the patsies we play. Please don't reference the LSU victory. That was a mini miracle fostered by Nuke's great catch.

Re: For all the sunshine pumpers and there are way too many...

Dec 3, 2013, 8:48 AM

yep what we've done is eliminate the one or two losses a year to the inferior teams. other than beating Ga we were not good against the good teams. also we will lose two of the better players ever at their position at Clemson. We paralyed their tenure into on ACCC and a BCS appearance. Better than what CTB did with the Charlie , JD, and CJ tandem but not as good as you would hope with that talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's see, fsu is the odd's on favorite to win the mnc now,

Dec 3, 2013, 8:59 AM

and usuc will end up around top 5-15, depending on the bowls. these guys aren't scrubs. if usuc wins their bowl, and i have seen some pretty easy match-ups for'em with some of the forecasts, we will end up 1-2 against top-5 teams (counting uga at their starting strength, not the injury decimated team they are now)and with a good bowl win we can make that 2-2, and i'll take that. no,not great, by any means, but a heck of a lot better than we were, and i like the direction we are heading.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, "The sky is falling!" according to the Chicken Littles.***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:05 AM

some of you have such short memories***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:10 AM

the last time clemson beat scare is 5 years ago, i think

Dec 3, 2013, 9:20 AM

that falls into the long term category.

truth hurts, Dabo is terrible in big games that count, LSU &

Dec 3, 2013, 9:31 AM

GA were not MUST wins.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic