Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all Clemson fans that are Brownell supporters -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

For all Clemson fans that are Brownell supporters -

Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 PM

If Clemson's Ag program was the laughing stock of all the land-grant schools, would you want to maintain the current staff;
If Clemson's band program was on the same level as the average D-II school, would you applaud the band director;
If the average dorm space was equivalent to something at Benedict College, would you want to show them off to prospective students.

I could go on and on, but you get my point. The basketball program at Clemson has been a oversight for so long, that most of us tend to expect little so that we are not disappointed with the terrible results we are getting. Most fans or alums were not happy with the mediocrity that the baseball team was showing under the former coach. Fans demanded a change for the better. We should expect no less from our basketball team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares about basketball.***

Mar 14, 2017, 11:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody cares about basketball.***

Mar 14, 2017, 11:16 PM

Nobody cares about a bad basketball team, for sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans would LOVE to care about basketball...

Mar 14, 2017, 11:21 PM

I've seen it before...though not recently.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Nobody cares about basketball.*** ]

I care.I just don't care about the direction our basketball program is headed!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Nobody cares about basketball.*** ]

The amount of threads started in the last 2 hours show plenty of people care.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:37 PM

reality is Clemson bball is doing better than a lot of programs.

Indiana was a lower seed in NIT than Clemson and also lost.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:40 PM

reality is 6 straight years of missing out on the NCAA and blowing a 20 point lead to midmajor.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:41 PM

what is your qualification to decide if Brownell is a good coach or not? You just an internet forum know it all.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:44 PM

So stating facts makes me a know it all? Dear god you suck at trolling.

P.S. I was on the Brownell bandwagon longer than most, but somethings got to give.

Apparently you are too, since you diss any opinion not

Mar 15, 2017, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Nobody cares about basketball.*** ]

your own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 14, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Nobody cares about basketball.*** ]

You are definitely one of a few that is in that boat because the ones that care way outnumber the ones that don't care that that's for sure

Mar 14, 2017, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Nobody cares about basketball.*** ]

And THAT is exactly the problem.
There are a few of us who do.

Re: For all Clemson fans that are Brownell supporters -

Mar 14, 2017, 11:26 PM

I am just now seeing the score - I quit watching our basketball program 5 years ago - and I busted out laughing when seeing how we lost. I have never EVER seen a team anywhere anytime any place in my 68 year life (50 as a Clemson fan) that is more incapable of finishing a game. That's coaching, my dear fellow beloved Clemson fans...pure and simple.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:41 PM

You haven't watched a game in 5 years, so your opinion is of little value to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you seriously use our agriculture program as an example?

Mar 14, 2017, 11:32 PM

LOL! Find better examples. Agriculture isn't a relevant major at Clemson and hasn't been for a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Neither is basketball unfortunately***

Mar 14, 2017, 11:35 PM

I can't argue with that.***

Mar 14, 2017, 11:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's sad Judge. I know where you stand

Mar 14, 2017, 11:39 PM

and respect that, but do you honestly feel any hope for next year at all?

I think we can certainly be an NCAA team next year.

Mar 14, 2017, 11:50 PM

Our backcourt should be very good with Mitchell and Reed as the starters with DeVoe coming off the bench. I will not be surprised to see Hudson transfer, although I'd love to keep him as he definitely has skill and potential.

Where we might have problems is in the frontcourt, due to our lack of depth. An ideal scenario would be if Robertin can start and give us 15-25 minutes a game. I'm always encouraged when he plays, but I'm assuming there are good reasons why Brad hasn't played him more.

Thomas is skilled, but he must avoid silly fouls. We will likely need solid minutes from Skara, and I'm sure the two freshman forwards will be counted on as well.

I have lost all confidence in Grantham this year. He is going to need to improve a lot or else he is going to lose minutes to other players. Perhaps Spencer fits in here as a backup?

I expect that we will be competitive next year and hope to be better than we were this year, something in the 15-20 win range. But I could also easily see it being a 10-15 win season as well.

Just don't see it

Mar 14, 2017, 11:54 PM

We have no identity as a team. Brad's less talented teams at least had the defense, this team has no identity. Poor D. Poor offensive execution at to many points in games.

Guys can improve, but we'd need guys to take monumental leaps to even sniff the tourney. We're a bottom three team with BC and Pitt

I wonder what DRad thinks?***

Mar 14, 2017, 11:58 PM

We'll know within the week

Mar 15, 2017, 12:01 AM

but for me the status quo means we're writing off 2-3 years as I don't see it getting better next year and recruiting is going to suffer. How can you extend him the fourth year right now? It's not just this game, on the court, we have no direction. We're rudderless with no identity

Worst decision would be to keep Brad with no extension.

Mar 15, 2017, 12:06 AM

As we have both said on here, you either fire him or give him an extension. Keeping him with only three years left on his contract benefits no one.

Of course, an extension should NOT include a larger buyout.

I think you have to renegotiate the existing buyout

Mar 15, 2017, 12:10 AM

if you give him the 4th year. I also think staff changes are in order and should be part of him staying. If you are going to keep him there has to be a sense of urgency, and there appears to be none right now.

If he balks and walks, so be it

Mar 15, 2017, 12:19 AM

I have stubbornly been a strong proponent of Brad Brownell's basketball program at Clemson through lots of agony but tonight changed my perspective. He apparently think nothing of an opponent shaving your 20 point lead like carving a turkey with an electric knife. The team--including Ditte starts settling for 25 foot jump shots that are not open and the shooter is off-balance. We should have pounded the ball inside until Oakland couldn't stand it any more. Realize they did that with their best player on the bench injured.
I think it is rather obvious that Brad and the assistants have no control over the playground performances of the Tiger team which just concluded it's season. In this game Brownell was out-coached by 100 miles and there is no other explanation. I understand why the attending fan base is disgusted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 1:40 AM

Somebody here has to have a few million to pay a new coach until Brad I'd paid off. Who is holding out on the dollars here?

Maybe we could use the profits in apparel sales from the National Championship to pay a new coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic