Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football scenarios for upcoming season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Football scenarios for upcoming season

Jul 22, 2020, 8:58 AM

And I throw D in just because you know a lot more than you know are thinking it

What say you?

Scenario A
Football will be played normal time of year September to January with no fans but can be seen on TV. Full schedule for all levels. High School, College, Professional

Scenario B
Football will be played normal time of year September to January with limited fans but can be seen on TV. Modified schedule for all levels. Games to be played will be decided by minimal travel and conference. No out of conference games including rivalry games

Scenario C
Football delayed until January with fans and can be viewed on TV
Full schedule for all levels. No restrictions. No changes other than delaying the season until after first of year.

Scenario D
F all this bullcrap. Spot the dang ball and forget all of this Covid mess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd go with A.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:48 AM

Would pick C, but there's no guarantee by spring it disappears. So A.

The trick with this is going to be keeping our coaches and staff healthy. The kids can play, get sick, play when they can, whatever. But the coaches, especially those over 40, will end up missing important practice time, and potentially a LOT of practice time, and games.

Forget the stadium and fans, we all want football and will take it however we can. IF you can figure a way to keep coaches and staff healthy, it can be pulled off. There will still be players missing practice and games some, maybe a week, but will come back hopefully strong. But even a few players will have lingering weakness, and may miss substantial time. And this will increase the odds of injury. I know two 20-somethings who have felt like crap for several weeks with covid, even though their symptoms were not all that bad. Just weakness, and not 100% strength. And they were in excellent physical shape.

But if we can keep the coaches and staff healthy, we can probably work through the player illnesses ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football scenarios for upcoming season

Jul 22, 2020, 11:34 AM

E. None of the above

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Option B if we are lucky. Bowl season is probably no fans.***

Jul 22, 2020, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic