Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football on Riggs Field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,414

Football on Riggs Field

Aug 17, 2019, 7:25 AM

Before the spring semester had begun in ( I think) 81-82, there was a huge snow storm that kept us out of class for a week. We had already returned to the dorms and we're looking for something to do besides drinking. So we decided to play some football on Riggs field. The soccer team had just began using Riggs field a few years before, and there was no security to keep anyone off the field. So a bunch of us from Johnstone went down to Tigertown Tavern, picked up a keg of Bud, carried it to Riggs field, buried it in the snow, and proceeded to play football till dark. During the day, some would leave and others would join us. We got subs from Chanello's and simply had a great time. Afterwards, we all took those aluminum chairs from our rooms and had a steam in the showers.
Does anyone remember the blizzard of 82, and what did you do?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

What did you do in the showers?

Aug 17, 2019, 7:27 AM

never mind, don't tell me.

Our big snow storm was in 1988 I think

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football on Riggs Field

Aug 17, 2019, 7:28 AM

Awesome story!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 8:33 AM

Not a snow story,but a 0% night in '69... Back then, Johnstone made a curve with an underpass and then a hill bump to go to the Post Office... Several of us got 5 gal. buckets watered the hill until it covered it with a nice coating of ice, got a case of Bud and watched the slip-n-slide... We had no POlice then, only some Depity Dogs who wrote parking tickets... The dude driving would not give in to the impossible...He finally backed up to the Physical Plant and tried to gun it to the top...Fail... all he accomplished was sliding backwards and skinning the side of the car on the concrete rails...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 8:38 AM

I lived for one year right over that underpass across from the P-Plant. Some guy's car got a hay bail put in it and caught on fire right under my room.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,414
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic