Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Attendance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 101

Football Attendance

May 29, 2020, 1:28 PM

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/10/college-football-attendance-decline-ncaa

I apologize if this has been posted before. An interesting read on football attendance. There is a section dedicated to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Attendance

May 29, 2020, 1:34 PM

It’s not rocket science, Hot noon games, Price per seat and It cost more to park than a seat in the stadium. More and more are watching big flat screens in the AC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2020, 1:58 PM

Uh.....Florida vs Vandy. Not exactly the sexiest game around. I'd say lousy OOC games, increased pricing, lack of competition (almost always, the same teams win year after year) and competition from the tv. Some folks don't want to put up with all the schlepping, noise, prices, weather, traffic, you name it. They'd rather do a tailgate in the backyard or living room. And you can use your remote to check in on other action too.

May 29, 2020, 2:05 PM

But, but, … SEC, the greatest teams ever always sell out all their games.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2020, 2:24 PM

Yeah. :)

May 29, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Attendance ]

Here is my deal. I am 76 years old, so is my wife. She has bad knees can't walk long distances or climb to top of upper deck. On fixed income, Clemson has priced me out of attendance. Can't afford two season tickets anymore or seat equity prices. Have been a member of IPTAY since 1965 and am a member of the letterman (Block C) club. Been a fan since mid-fifties and Clemson was only school I applied to. If I go now I have to park almost to Pendleton or go to Y-Beach and ride in and after game sit in a bus in traffic an hour to get back to my car then 3-4 hour drive home. Last game I went to had to deal with this drunk fan screaming at my wife because she wouldn't (couldn't) stand the whole game. Told him she had bad knees and he screamed if you can't stand stay the #### at home and let a real fan in. Complained to security, they did nothing. We went to bathroom at end of first quarter and were considering leaving but we found two unoccupied seats elsewhere. Actually this guy heard us talking and told us come sit with him.
I love Clemson football, but I haven't missed a game in 3 years and get to sit in AC or heat, free concessions and no two mile walk or long time in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

May 29, 2020, 1:48 PM

Even in the 1980s, New Jersey was 4th in student enrollment at Clemson, after SC, NC, and GA.

They don't have many options. Princeton, Rutgers, and ???.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 29, 2020, 5:58 PM

pretty well same in 60's. You'd be surprised how many football players we had from PA, NJ and MD

May 29, 2020, 1:54 PM

Very interesting, at least the writer liked our tailgating scene.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2020, 1:54 PM

Very interesting, at least the writer liked our tailgating scene.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EDIT: nm

May 29, 2020, 2:06 PM

Message was edited by: jtiger1®

Best Is The Standard

May 29, 2020, 2:21 PM

Money, time, work and all games are on television. Don't know other teams because probably 5 out 7 games at home, our stadium is not full. This year who knows but it probably comes down to the market for tickets because thousands of people will not feel safe in the too tight quarters of a stadium.

Maybe, but it is close to 80K even when it is a lesser team.

May 29, 2020, 6:37 PM

Take a good look at games on TV regardless of conference. Most stadiums are seating 70-80% of capacity if they are lucky.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was hoping that article was going somewhere. For Clemson

May 29, 2020, 6:17 PM

from my perspective there is a demand for tickets. The system with away game allotments and student seating seems to be where the "not sold out" enters in. Not sure if there is a better way to handle those, but if the tix were available ahead of time and that availability was communicated properly, they would sell.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic