Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Food bars etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 867

Food bars etc

Dec 30, 2019, 2:15 PM

Last time I was in nola it was sugar bowl and we had a L and gf at time broke up with me night before on New Years. So a long trip back to Charleston after game. With that being said I’m going back with the boys. Hoping to eat better and such. So suggestions anyone? We are headed to mobile to stay with family Saturday and driving to nola Sunday headed back Wednesday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Food bars etc

Dec 30, 2019, 2:22 PM

For food there’s a few places that you must hit up:

Oysters – go to Felix’s on bourbon and go to the back bar where are you can eat them freshly shucked in front of you.

Creole - visit coops place. They are famous for their red beans and rice and fried chicken.

High end - commanders palace. It’s probably one of the more famous restaurants but very expensive.

Steak – for my money I would go to Houston’s on St. Charles. Pretty expensive but man they can cook a steak.

For drinks in hell you can go just about anywhere but there are a few places that you should visit just because you are a tourist:

For the funnest time just go along Bourbon Street and pick and choose.

As a warning something that you need to know is that there is a collapsed hotel located on Canal Street. The hard rock hotel collapsed a few months ago and they are waiting for the national championship to be over before they imploded. I’ll tell you this because riding the trail is one of the more famous things to do but it is closed down at that street. Just be careful if you’re going to go to that area. It will affect traffic

Dec 30, 2019, 2:29 PM

Years ago we stayeed on St Charles at Ponchetrain Hotel. A couple doors toward Tulane was a 24 hour bar / laundromat. We were enamored with that concept. Also rode the street car out to Tulane. The Garden district is beaUTIFUL. aND cOMMANDERS IS ALL IT CRACKED UP TO BE

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 2:25 PM

Cochon Butcher
Restaurant Rebirth
Turkey and the Wolf
Corporation Bar and Grill
The Avenue Pub
Mahoney’s Poboys
NOLA

These are places I enjoy going.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:36 PM

For authentic Cajun food, go to Mulate’s. Reservations are recommended. 201 Julia Street.

Replies: 4
| visibility 867
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic