Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Follow up question on softball field if anyone knows...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Follow up question on softball field if anyone knows...

Oct 18, 2017, 12:17 PM

Just askin, it seems to me the spot next to the rowing facility by the bridge would be a good place for the softball venue. It could add some parking (which is becoming a worse issue every year it seems) instead of taking away spots by the baseball stadium. It just seems mutually beneficial. Are there environmental concerns, like slope of the area, or being adjacent to the water that make it not feasible? TIA if anyone knows.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Follow up question on softball field if anyone knows...

Oct 18, 2017, 12:29 PM

I had a few minutes and made a mock up of what a College Softball Stadium could look like at both locations. This is Scars stadium FYI...

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Looks shopped***

Oct 18, 2017, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Looks shopped***

Oct 18, 2017, 12:39 PM

I can tell by the pixels

Oct 18, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Follow up question on softball field if anyone knows... ]

I think this would look great because if you cleared out the trees and stuff in the area you would have Lake Hartwell as an outfield backdrop. When the water levels are high that would easily be one of the more picturesque softball or baseball stadiums in the country.

Are you talking about the wooded area...

Oct 18, 2017, 12:30 PM

between the Rowing Center and the Highway 93 bridge?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Are you talking about the wooded area...

Oct 18, 2017, 12:36 PM

Yes I seem to remember reading at one time that was a possible location for the field.

IMO it would be a great spot.

I seem to recall that property...

Oct 18, 2017, 12:42 PM

having a pretty significant slope down to the water. The Rowing Center actually does too, from the boathouse down to the docks, but it's not as bad as that wooded area.

Assuming that property even belongs to Clemson, the cost to bring in enough fill and to construct retaining walls likely makes that location much less feasible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Plus it would add more IPTAY parking which apparently is the

Oct 18, 2017, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you talking about the wooded area... ]

opposite of what IPTAY is working towards. Less spaces drives up donations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think at one time it was a possible destination butt

Oct 18, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you talking about the wooded area... ]

I complained to IPTAY since I like to walk my dog through there and they complied

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oct 18, 2017, 1:01 PM

I think Snow (Y Beach).

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 1:41 PM

I think the Corps of engineers technically owns that land next to the lake. I'm only speculating, but my hunch is that the university got permission from them to build that crew area (like land owners on Lake Hartwell have to get permits for docks and to clear land adjacent to the lake, etc). My guess is that they'd have a problem with clearing that land for a softball field and parking if it's too close to the lake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 3:19 PM

They do own or at least control the land adjacent to the lake, but I am not sure how far inland. I do know that when the Walker Course wanted to clear some trees between the course and the lake for better air circulation, the Corps would not let them. I am not sure what the topography is like where it is shown, but it is pretty severe on the other side of the boathouse near the golf team practice facility.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic