Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New top 10 - becoming very clear!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New top 10 - becoming very clear!!!

Nov 3, 2019, 10:21 AM

1) LSU - LOCK for playoffs if win SEC or finish 11-1
2) Bama - LOCK for playoffs if win SEC or finish 11-1
3) Ohio St - Win out and in play offs
4) Clemson - Win out and in play offs
5) Georgia - Win out and in play offs
6) Penn St - Win out and in play offs
7) Florida - Lost to LSU and UGA
8) Oklahoma - No shot for play offs
9) Oregon - No shot for play offs
10) Auburn - lost to LSU and Florida

It is getting close!!! Love college football!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure I’d count out Oregon or OU

Nov 3, 2019, 10:25 AM

At this point. Lots of games left to play. They need help but not eliminated yet.

And I’m not sure Bama is a lock at 11-1 if

Nov 3, 2019, 10:26 AM

LSU wins. Their SOS suuuucks.

Re: New top 10 - becoming very clear!!!

Nov 3, 2019, 10:25 AM

Georgia is not a Top 5 team .....your dogs loss to the frigging coots at home.....no way you can explain that one and even think you are deserving of a Top 10 ranking.....period......you have just been another over-rated SEC team from the get go......Go Tigers

I’d agree UGA is overrated

Nov 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

But at 12-1 with SEC trophy they are in.

Re: I’d agree UGA is overrated

Nov 3, 2019, 10:31 AM

What’s the sec east tie breaker if multiple teams finish with 2 losses? (UGA still has Aub @ Aub ).

Does a 2 loss sec champ get in?

Auburn sucks. They’re not losing to Auburn unless Kirby and Fromm have one of their moments***

Nov 3, 2019, 10:52 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d agree UGA is overrated

Nov 3, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I’d agree UGA is overrated ]

They can lose one more and still win East. I , think ATM, will be tougher than Auburn.

Nov 3, 2019, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: New top 10 - becoming very clear!!! ]

Member when we lost to Pitt in 16 and Syracuse in 17. Both times we still made playoffs.

Nov 3, 2019, 10:33 AM

Bulldog said:

Well all of those first place recruiting trophies have surely earned UGA a place in the playoffs!
Hey by the way, have your trashy hedges grown back yet?

Nov 3, 2019, 10:52 AM

Bulldog said:

I agree with all of it but Oregon and Ou I still think they both can get in if they win out and a couple of those teams like Osu and Penn st both get beat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no way is bama a lock with a loss to lsu and no conf

Nov 3, 2019, 10:57 AM

championship unless there are not enough 0 or 1 loss champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 10:55 AM

Last week you couldn't count to 25 and this week you have 5 teams that could definitely be in a 4 team playoff. If Georgia wins out along with Clemson and Ohio State, and the only losses for Alabama and LSU are to the other and Georgia in the SEC championship, then you have 5 locks.

no, one loss bama and one loss lsu are his only locks

Nov 3, 2019, 11:14 AM

he is saying a 1 loss non champ would get in over an undefeated champ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 11:04 AM

So Oregon, who is looking good with one lone, close loss to one of your beloved sec teams has no shot, yet you’ve got MULTIPLE 2 loss sec teams “still alive”?

Sure thing man. Lay down the pipe.
Oregon wouldn’t lose to the coots. Fact.

Florida isn't a top 10 team

Nov 3, 2019, 11:04 AM

and neither is UGA. Florida is around 15 and UGA maybe 12. Maybe.

Both have no downfield passing threat and would get slaughtered by tOSU, Clemson, 'Bama, and LSU.

Florida's DC is a moron BTW. Tampa 2 and Cover 2 against UGA?!? Yes, let's put 6 in the box against a team with no downfield passing threat and a power running game. Easy pickings for a DC like BV.

Wrong about 1 and 2

Nov 3, 2019, 11:10 AM

BOTH LSU & Bama play ONLY 9 P5 teams. Not making the SECCG will screw them.

Gonna hurt you SEC Nutthuggers ,but media is running with that >

At this point,the SEC has 6 teams with losing record, a .500 Kentucky and a crappy MIZZOUT team. That's 8 team suckage right there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/group/8

Nov 3, 2019, 11:11 AM

So UGA, Bama & LSU are all automatic to make the CFB with a loss, if anybody else loses they’re out? Seems completely reasonable and unbiased.

Nov 3, 2019, 11:16 AM

Your sarcasm needle is bouncing off the rev limiter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 11:19 AM

It would be a embarrassment to this country to have a team in the playoffs that lost to South Carolina .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama not 2...LSU / OSU I See Bama 3 or 4 Interchangeable w

Nov 3, 2019, 11:19 AM

Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Way Georgia Gets In.

Nov 3, 2019, 11:22 AM

Assuming Clemson wins out. IN
Assuming Ohio St. wins out. IN
Bama/LSU winner will Beat Georgia so it won't matter; but let's assume they don't.

Now you would have a situation Bulldog where Georgia, Alabama and LSU all have 1 loss!

Read Carefully: *** which of these 3 has the better loss? Which has the loss to the un-ranked team at home no less? And which would have lost to #1 or #2?

Answer: the team that would have lost to Georgia in this scenario would have at least lost to a top 10 team in Georgia at a neutral site; not at home. Those other two will get in.

Penn State and the Big 10 could make the same argument you know. Right now the Big 10 has 3 undefeated teams let alone two. I don't see "tiny-soda" having enough juice to compete with Penn State. Penn State likewise won't have enough for the un-edible nuts.
Just as much politics involved in those big TV markets as there is in the passionate southern fan bases. Line up the schedules and see who lost to who. What the cumulative records of opponents are and such.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the more overrated SEC teams, the better

Nov 3, 2019, 11:23 AM

easiest path to the Natty for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the more overrated SEC teams, the better

Nov 3, 2019, 11:39 AM

scooter said:

easiest path to the Natty for Clemson.

I agree.
They(SEC fans and enthusiast) really don't see it. Last year should have clued them in but it didn't. Bama dominates the "so called gauntlet" by an average of 29.1 ppg. If the conference was so tough how come?
This year Bama is doing exactly what they did last year but with a worse defense! LSU has picked up offensively so they beating SEC foes the same way.
**HINT: Texas is not some defensive juggernaut; but the score of the LSU vs. Texas game was 45-38 - no where near what LSU is beating SEC foes by.
The clues of their over-rated-ness is all around and they simply aren't picking up on it!
San Jose St coming in getting a win.
California.
Memphis.
Georgia State.
North Carolina.

It's overlooked and not talked about when they lose to so called lesser opponents. So the stigma remains "it's a tough conference". They get highly ranked so you get a Georgia vs. Florida and it looks like "big boy football"! But, is it? Or were both given the benefit of the doubt early/often despite clear weaknesses? Weaknesses teams from other conferences can't have or they get called out about them.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 11:30 AM

TOTALLY disagree.

If Oregon or Oklahoma - or Utah! - finish 12-1 with a Big 12 or Pac-12 Championship on their resume, despite the incessant lobbying by the SEC, the SEC will not get an 11-1 team in over one with a championship. They just won't.

None of the SEC teams except LSU will be able to lay claim to much in the way of resume, and all of the SEC teams have significant flaws the Committee will not overlook. UGA can't throw. Neither LSU nor Bama runs convincingly, and despite their reputations as traditional defensive stalwarts neither has an overwhelming defense this year either.

So the SEC will likely get in one team and one team only...as is fair, unless all three of Oregon, Oklahoma, or Utah lose again. The only way that does not happen is if all both the Big 12 and Pac-12 winners finish with two or more losses.

So who's left?

The Alabama/LSU winner will likely go on to win the SEC Championship since none of the East teams are really imposing. That team will get in. UGA will get in only if they finish 12-1 and win the SEC. Period.
My odds:
LSU - 55%
Alabama - 35%
UGA - 10%

The Ohio State/Penn State winner will almost certainly get in since none of the B1G West division teams are that imposing either, if they finish unbeaten or even 12-1 with a B1G title. Unbeaten Minnesota could play Cinderella but if you look at their stats they are not overly impressive and their schedule suggests their horse-and-ten is about to turn back into a pumpkin the next few weeks. Wisconsin's already out.
My odds:
Ohio State - 90%
Penn State - 10%
Minnesota - less than 1%

Clemson will almost certainly get in unless we stumble. If Wake beats us, finishes 12-1, and wins the ACC I think they make the playoffs as well. (Stranger stuff has happened!) No other ACC teams have a chance.
My odds:
Clemson - 98%
Wake Forest - 2%

The fourth team will likely be one of the abovementioned - Oregon, Utah, or Oklahoma. Or, if they somehow Forest Gump their way to a Big 12 Championship, Baylor is still technically alive as well.
My odds:
Oregon - 45%
Oklahoma - 45%
Utah - 10%
Baylor - less than 1%

Nov 3, 2019, 12:10 PM

It will be Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma in the playoffs.

Oregon has a chance to replace Oklahoma if they win out. Gotta spread that playoff money around.

I think Clemson (0 losses), SEC winner, and Big10 winners

Nov 3, 2019, 3:30 PM

are most-likely in. There are some scenarios that could get crazy obviously. It will be interesting to see what happens if there is a 1-loss SEC non-champ and OU and Oregon win out. Picking between those three for the fourth spot will be very interesting indeed!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic