Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wall Street Bets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,260

Wall Street Bets

Jan 27, 2021, 12:04 PM

The Anarchists have come to blow your hedge fund to smithereens, an army of subreddit-radicalized, financial terrorists funded by $1200 stimulus checks.

https://www.radigancarter.com/dispatches/the-wall-street-insurgency

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wall Street Bets

Jan 27, 2021, 12:11 PM

Eek.

I feel like I just wound up on a naughty list for reading that. I recall reading about sentiment like that floating around Europe in the late '70's. The Red Brigades tore the eff outta Europe, blew up some stuff and kidnapped and shot some people, and left former Italian Prime Minister Aldo Moro dead in the trunk of a car.

No thanks. Don't like billionaires but that does not look like fun.

hard to believe this has any staying power

Jan 27, 2021, 12:58 PM

It is a crazy phenomenon. I mean, rage-quitting on behalf of Gamestop? Really?

They got trading halted

Jan 27, 2021, 12:13 PM

insanity

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

ALL IN ON NOK

Jan 27, 2021, 1:02 PM

TO THE MOON BOYS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I absolutely love everything about this

Jan 27, 2021, 2:52 PM

a bunch of retards on a sub-reddit taking it to the Street from mommy's basement with the stimulus checks and unemployment money handed out to them by the Fed.

Using the rules that the Fed has employed over the past 4 decades to stick it to 'em (*cough* Janet Yellen *cough*)

This isn't going away. This has been happening for about 3 years now (about as long as I've been on r/wsb). Robinhood changed the game (I don't use it, nor recommend it), and an entire 2 generations right now is telling the establishment in the financial sector to EAD.

The cherry on top is two fold:
1 - Fed keeping rates low and maintaining the bond purchasing programs as of 2 pm est
1a - Inflation target isn't hitting 2% (lol)
2 - Xiden and Co are "monitoring the GME "situation""

And lol at "financial terrorists". I guess leveraging billions, in collusion with your friends on the Street, to naked short a firm to oblivion in order to force a hostile takeover is totally cool. Nevermind the thousands of employees that work at said company. Hey, capitalism, right? I mean, it has been for 40 years, so I see your point...GTFO here

Most of the time the collusion happens over the weekend

Jan 27, 2021, 3:00 PM

and Joe Blow investor wakes up to a stock or sometimes even an entire sector shorted... No intervention then. They must have got the tip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I absolutely love everything about this

Jan 27, 2021, 3:13 PM [ in reply to I absolutely love everything about this ]

It's hilarious but Oh Man are some of those guys militant. You really would think some of those guys were storming the Bastille from the way they were talking. There's no way most of 'em are going to fold even if they lose everything, they're just way too into this.

Best guess is, the Establishment is going to realize they walked into a canyon ambush on this one and cut their losses...whereupon, emboldened by victory, the mob-with-pitchforks-and-torches is going to charge eagerly into their next battle. My suspicion, though, is that the Establishment will view future conflicts with the mob with less amusement, and be looking to make a statement and put the peasants firmly back in their place.

it’s all quite hilarious

Jan 27, 2021, 10:22 PM [ in reply to I absolutely love everything about this ]

For a brief time in my mid-twenties I worked in Manhattan at a dollar-yen swap desk for the Bank of Tokyo alongside Masters of the Universe from places like Greenwich and Aoyama.

I can picture the likes of Barry Silver, former BSD Merrill guy and the derivatives guru at this desk, wringing his hands when a new interloper emerged to challenge his position. Then crying when they bettered him in a trade. Those guys at Cerberus are about to be crying for momma for a while.

Life is all about competition, chock full of unfair advantage, manipulated leverage and information asymmetry. It’s good to see some balance being created where little existed before.

I don’t feel sorry for the Masters of the Universe who are now suddenly crying about competition in a market. They like to remind us that pigs need to be slaughtered, right?

F them and their self-righteous indignation.

Jan 27, 2021, 4:27 PM

It is kind of like we are at that point in a good game of Monopoly, where one of you, maybe even you, pretty much has the game under wraps and the rest of the players are just hoping to god they do not land on another one of your properties. It is usually at this point that apathy kicks in and your friends want to just start over, or play another game altogether, but you do not want to stop. YOU are in control of the board, so you start making concessions that allow you to stay in power, but keep the game interesting for those who have just given up. we have all been to both places, that is how the game is played. wouldn't it be great if we could just put all the pieces back in the box and start fresh.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 5:18 PM

just to be clear

Jan 27, 2021, 5:37 PM

they're angry at the talking heads and politicians calling for regulation because of them, despite the years of corruption by bankers on the Street. They're not saying it's impossible to succeed. They're actually succeeding, beating the Street at their own game, and yet now there's a massive PR scheme to drag them through the mud.

You're going to have a really tough leg to stand on siding with the Uniparty on this one...

"The Man", in this case, is a group of Ivy League choch bags who get to trade other people's money for a living. Often times (usually) these trades are done in an illegal fashion where two Ivy League V-neckers trade together. And when they do that, these two new jersey douchebags can then short a company like GameStop into bankruptcy, dissolve the assets to make more money.

These are hedge funds, not holier than thou mutual fund investors dicking around with your 401k.

Oh...and I forgot...when they make these ludacris type trades and nearly break the entire global financial system, their dad's buddies at the Fed bail them out so they can do it all over again. The Street has been getting $120B a month since 10/2019. They just got out worked by a bunch of self-proclaimed autists at their own game and are leaning on the establishment to make the poor kids look like the bad guys.

What's the difference here in the Reddit Retards and the bankers on the Street? Well, the Street donates to political campaigns.

I say more power to em, and am joining where I can. They're actually onto something and it's about to a free for all (finding short squeezes), especially if Xiden dumps more liquidity to citizens.

Re: just to be clear

Jan 27, 2021, 5:57 PM

Fool me twice, though....

You think the hedge funds won't be watching reddit a lot closer to make sure the mob isn't going to be making a run at them?

Can this really work again?

It's working all over the place right now

Jan 27, 2021, 6:05 PM

LGND
FIZZ
BBBY
AXDX
DDS
SRG (just starting)
MAC (just starting)

All of these are over shorted, and they figured it out by finding Melvin's short positions (Q3 report). The theory now is the other funds are smelling blood in the water and there's a massive short squeeze going on. Movements will occur relative to whatever the outstanding options are for the underlying. GME, for example, has massive puts that expire this Friday, hence the push this week.

Will it work again? If they keep over shorting these positions and exposing themselves to this much risk, then yes it can happen again.

What else did anyone expect? How many trillions are being shoveled into the market right now? And anyone can trade options from their phones? And 2 (and a half now) million retards are talking about it on Reddit? lol

It will work with any stock thats being heavily shorted

Jan 27, 2021, 10:39 PM

I bought some SNDL today..same reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just to be clear

Jan 27, 2021, 6:02 PM [ in reply to just to be clear ]

I don't disagree with you

Jan 27, 2021, 6:12 PM

but the hedge funds have been reaming retail investors for decades, as well just reaming the country in general IMO.

And regulation is 100% on its way. Heaven forbid the peasants start beating the Street at their own game.

I've been following r/wsb for a while. They're hilarious.

Take this for example:
"Before you spend another day hosting your shill hedge fund buddies to come on the air and demonize r/wallstreetbets I hope you read this.

Your contempt for the retail investor (your audience) is palpable and if you don’t get it together, you’ll lose an entire new generation of investors.

I keep thinking about these funds that are short GME like your boys at Melvin Capital / your coverage of this subreddit and I’m getting madder and madder.

These funds can manipulate the market via your network and if they screw up big because they don’t even know the basics of portfolio risk 101 and using position sizing, they just get a bailout from their billionaire friends at Citadel. Then they have the nerve to turn us into public enemy #1 just because we believe in an underdog company getting a second chance.

We don’t have billionaires to bail us out when we mess up our portfolio risk and a position goes against us. We can’t go on TV and make attempts to manipulate millions to take our side of the trade. If we mess up as bad as they did, we’re wiped out, have to start from scratch and are back to giving handjobs behind the dumpster at Wendy’s."

That was one of their many entertaining open letters to CNBC haha

Re: I don't disagree with you

Jan 27, 2021, 6:24 PM

"Market manipulation and exploitation"... Oh, poor babies.

Jan 27, 2021, 10:44 PM

Who do you think has been doing that to the average investor for the last 100 years...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, its going to be an uphill battle to make anyone

Jan 27, 2021, 10:46 PM

feel bad for the hedge fund players that lost a lot of money today.

I'm not sure how this can be made illegal

Jan 27, 2021, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't disagree with you ]

maybe make some laws about shorting a stock 140% of float? THAT'S the reason these folks ran up the price. Before the hedge fund jack legs did that, Gamestop was in no more danger of going to out of business than they were 6 months ago.

As to making it illegal for people to talk about stocks on line...hmmm. THAT seems like a slippery slope. Bloomberg, WSJ, market insider...all may have a problem with that.

Re: I'm not sure how this can be made illegal

Jan 27, 2021, 11:35 PM

BS.***

Jan 27, 2021, 11:39 PM

Re: BS.***

Jan 27, 2021, 11:59 PM

So all these traders decided to short this stock at the same

Jan 28, 2021, 12:11 AM

time independently to the tune of 140%...? I would hope that you KNOW better.

Now they want to call it collusion when it's done to them. That's funny.

Re: So all these traders decided to short this stock at the same

Jan 28, 2021, 12:22 AM

Self-correcting after the initial surge... $ 11 figures down

Jan 28, 2021, 12:51 AM

That's a hit.

What?

Jan 28, 2021, 1:11 AM

Sometimes it's probably warranted... Other times contrived.***

Jan 28, 2021, 1:14 AM

Flash Boys is a good book

Jan 27, 2021, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't disagree with you ]

Don’t even suggest that this has ever been a fair market.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2016/12/28/flash-boys-and-high-frequency-trading-trust-markets-not-regulators/

These are the End Times. The whole house of cards finna come

Jan 28, 2021, 8:07 AM

tumbling down. One thing we can "thank" COVID for is it has accelerated what was already going to happen. Our whole system has been on a shaky foundation for years and COVID plus technology has allowed the red pill takers to bring the system to its knees. Kinda wish I'd done some prepping. Oh well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,260
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic