Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At what point will the B1G reevaluate their relationship...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,188

At what point will the B1G reevaluate their relationship...

Jan 13, 2021, 10:51 AM

with Ohio State? I have to think this is already being discussed behind the scenes. First, Ohio State embarrassed the B1G by publicly asking the conference to change the rules so they could get into the conference championship game. The B1G gave in, and how were they rewarded? A 33% drop in ratings over the previous year. OSU then asks for another favor, get us in the playoff, so the B1G goes to bat for them again, pleading behind the scenes with the playoff committee to let a 6 win OSU team in. Against their better judgment, the committee relents. The reward, Ohio State embarrasses the committee by begging through the media to have the championship game postponed so their QB's ribs can heal. Frustrated, the committee denies this request, and asks the B1G to get a handle on the increasingly embarrassing situation at OSU, which the B1G is unable to do. The dust from this scandal settles just in time for OSU to get blown out in the championship game by an Alabama team that wasn't close to full strength. And if that wasn't enough of a punch in the stomach, OSU also delivers the worst ratings in the history of college national championship games. This, as predicted, seriously impacted ESPN's bottom line. An ESPN brand that could ill afford another financial setback.

So in review, Ohio State, in one season, has burned the B1G, the College Football Playoff Selection Committee, and ESPN. Any goodwill OSU had in the bank is now gone and I feel certain meetings between the B1G and OSU have already been scheduled. Unfortunately for Ohio State, the repercussions from this are far from over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: At what point will the B1G reevaluate their relationship...

Jan 13, 2021, 11:03 AM

My guess is they may want Nebraska out more and the feeling is very mutual.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:36 AM

Lol at Nebraska

So mad that they were no longer competitive with Texas that they decided to become the redheaded stepchild of the B10 and joined other "powers" such as Maryland and Rutgers as their expansion peers.

Jan 13, 2021, 7:23 PM

“No longer competitive with Texas”. LOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a trophy post if I’ve ever seen one***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:10 AM

Yes, Franc­is Marion is on fire***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

It certainly burns.***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Something, something - wouldn't walk across the street

Jan 13, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Yes, Franc­is Marion is on fire*** ]

something, something - if they were on fire . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

These days, everyone gets a "participation" trophy.***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to This is a trophy post if I’ve ever seen one*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:10 AM

Embarrassing or not, the B1G needs OSU, and OSU needs the B1G.
Hopefully things will get back to normal and the B1G will solve their issues.
On the flip- side however ,I see a similar problem with the ACC and Notre Dame, with the Irish being able to dictate terms to the conference about their football team.
The new commissioner needs to deal with this issue with a firm foot ,and tell Notre Dame you are either "ALL-IN" in football or you are "ALL-OUT" in every sport .
Let the B1G deal with OSU.
It ain't our problem.

I disagree...

Jan 13, 2021, 11:22 AM

OSU has affected ESPN's bottom line, and more cuts are coming. Clemson makes money from the ACC Network, and guess who pays the ACC Network the big bucks. That's right, ESPN, who now has less money, thanks to OSU. Contracts will shrink, our bottom line will be affected.

^This guy^

Jan 13, 2021, 11:37 AM

Re: ^This guy^

Jan 13, 2021, 11:40 AM

LMAO ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Francis Marion the past few days:

Jan 13, 2021, 11:20 AM

Re: Francis Marion the past few days:

Jan 13, 2021, 11:26 AM

Has been wasting the #### out of propane ;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flamer or

Jan 13, 2021, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Francis Marion the past few days: ]

Flame bator?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!! I can tell you put a lot of time, thought and

Jan 13, 2021, 11:30 AM

effort getting your point across. I agree and applaud this post!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said!! I can tell you put a lot of time, thought and

Jan 13, 2021, 11:33 AM

Yea, he took in a big breath the way I can do sometime lol!!!

A lot of time, yes, I agree. But, thought? That

Jan 13, 2021, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Well said!! I can tell you put a lot of time, thought and ]

requires a fully functionating brain, which we can all agree FM only has when she doesn't go off her Medications. And, we know all the Doctors are up to their eyeball hair treating Covid patients, so even money says they haven't paid her any attention in months. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Think THE Ohio State University Should Go B12

Jan 13, 2021, 11:45 AM

Then they could fight it out who is more important and besides, B12 needs some more teams so they can get closer to having twelve teams in the "Big 12".

Nice

Jan 13, 2021, 1:58 PM

to bad it is fictional. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

It’s all well documented.***

Jan 13, 2021, 2:36 PM

OSU is the only decent team in the B1G.***

Jan 13, 2021, 2:37 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jan 13, 2021, 3:27 PM

I'm not gonna disagree about the discord going on.

But the idea that it will end in divorce anytime soon is preposterous. Or maybe wishful thinking.

That's about like suggesting that House Dems would kick Nancy Pelosi to the curb. (This is not a political discussion--just an illustration. ) Some relationships are just too codependent for the parties to even contemplate splitting.

Ryan Day had been gameplanning the rematch with Clemson since last year's final whistle. He had to use his political capital this year or he would lose any advantage he had achieved.

Now he's got to reload again at numerous spots. Eventually we'll see what post-covid brings.

OSU doesn't reload...

Jan 13, 2021, 3:33 PM

they rebuild.

Or should we say . . . “Re-Portal”?!!!***

Jan 13, 2021, 7:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: At what point will the B1G reevaluate their relationship... ]

Plus 1 for kicking Pelosi to the curb, but would rather see her kicked in the, well it isn't in the grass!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic