Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone Else not mind the Upper Decks at Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,510

Anyone Else not mind the Upper Decks at Clemson?

Aug 5, 2013, 11:17 AM

I love sitting up there. Clemson's upper decks, especially the TDS close to the 50, you can see the mountains, the lake, a good breeze, and a great view of the play developing. Just personal preference, what are your thoughts on Clemson's Upper Decks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Anyone Else not mind the Upper Decks at Clemson?

Aug 5, 2013, 11:18 AM

The heat can be intense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very True, it can get hot during the Day Sept nooners***

Aug 5, 2013, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

First you pass the guy's yodeling, then you reach the sheer

Aug 5, 2013, 12:24 PM

face above the timber line where the climbing becomes intense and dangerous. One slight miss-step and you're a goner ...

Finally you reach the summit and see the old guy with long hair and beard sitting cross-legged dispensing wisdom of the ages.

He asks why you've come and you say you can't remember.

With all that climbing, it's easy to forget there's a football game being played way down there on that little green postage stamp.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very True, it can get hot during the Day Sept nooners***

Aug 5, 2013, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Very True, it can get hot during the Day Sept nooners*** ]

I don't think it's any hotter there than down below. There are some seats with shade, but that's the exception. I like the view from on high better. My only problem is how hard it is to make to the field after the game. If you see the end of the game from your seats, you won't make it to the field before it's starting to clear off.

that's just cause you're closer to the sun***

Aug 5, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone Else not mind the Upper Decks at Clemson? ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Negotiating all the seat backs up there can be difficult...

Aug 5, 2013, 11:23 AM

Especially if you've had a few before the game.

I once tripped and fell into some people. They were not pleased.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you mean navigating?

Aug 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

or do you actually negotiate for your seats when you get up there?

You can use negotiate in that context

Aug 5, 2013, 12:32 PM

ne·go·ti·ate (n-gsh-t)
v. ne·go·ti·at·ed, ne·go·ti·at·ing, ne·go·ti·ates
v.intr.
To confer with another or others in order to come to terms or reach an agreement: "It is difficult to negotiate where neither will trust" (Samuel Johnson).
v.tr.
1. To arrange or settle by discussion and mutual agreement: negotiate a contract.
a. To transfer title to or ownership of (a promissory note, for example) to another party by delivery or by delivery and endorsement in return for value received.
b. To sell or discount (assets or securities, for example).
a. To succeed in going over or coping with: negotiate a sharp curve.
b. To succeed in accomplishing or managing: negotiate a difficult musical passage.

Aug 5, 2013, 11:46 AM

The first 10 rows of the UD are some of the best seats in the stadium.

But once you get up above the portals, the atmosphere just doesn't feel like you are really part of the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Been sitting in North Upper since they built it!

Aug 5, 2013, 11:54 AM

8 rows up on the 35 yard line. GREAT SEATS!

Same here-since they built it. I started high and that's no

Aug 5, 2013, 12:18 PM

fun. Have worked down to 5 rows up on 35 and not sure I would trade for lower deck-trying to get to the railing. Lower deck does work great if you're trying to sell your tickets though.

My family and I have been in TDP north deck for years..

Aug 5, 2013, 12:14 PM

and enjoy being able to see everythying on the football field plus we are right across from student section and get to see all of the action. The lake and Tillman Hall are also in our view. I wouldn't mind being closer to row 'A' however!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Aug 5, 2013, 12:23 PM

I hate it!

I have 2 tickets UP row L for trade plus cash!

Tmail!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30th anniversary of the North Upper Deck and the balloon

Aug 5, 2013, 12:26 PM

game, 35th anniversary of the South Upper Deck. Let's
raise the roof, blow the lid off the place so to speak,
show UGA and FSU who's boss. We want them to talk later
about how intimidating it was like Herschel did 30+ years
ago and make guys like "Gurshall" think they may have made
the wrong choice. We're the best college football town,
stadium, atmosphere in the country! Let' prove it. Wow,
now i'm fired up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2013, 12:29 PM

I sat up there at about the 30 yard line for the 2011 Auburn game and I had a great time. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Upper Deck tickets are very hard to sell. Otherwise,

Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 PM

I rather enjoyed my seats in the upper deck--south side, midway up, on the 35-yard line towards the hill. I would certainly take those seats back over what I have now, which is lower deck stuck in the corner right behind/next to the visitors.

It was frustrating trying to sell tickets as people automatically and drastically lowball you on upper deck tickets, if they offer at all. And being in the upper deck makes it almost impossible to get onto the field after the game while players are still milling around...not unless you want to miss the last 5 minutes of the game to walk down to the Hill. But as far as actually watching the game, I liked it. You could see everything and the view of the lake and mountains was beautiful. Trick plays were very hard to figure out, but that's about my only complaint about watching the game itself.

As far as seeing the game, like mid upper deck down but

Aug 5, 2013, 1:06 PM

hate the upper part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone been in TDF, Sec...

Aug 5, 2013, 1:20 PM

Row W before??

I have tickets there, and will make the best of it!

I just wanted to be IN the stadium!!

I HOPE that the section is a rowdy one!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We loved it.

Aug 5, 2013, 4:24 PM

We loved it. Initially we were on the top row on the 10-20 yard line. Our two boys were able to move around on the sidewalk bordering that top wall and I enjoyed that too for stretching purposes and basking in the terrific views in any direction. Jersey numbers were hard but no better place to watch the plays unfold.

Late we got moved lower in the top deck and things changed due to some jerks nearby.

Now we are in UE, lower deck, which we like but still think fondly of those top row, top deck days.

Judging from your photo...

Aug 5, 2013, 10:30 PM

Are you near the "You stink, referee!" dude? That guy cracks me up no matter what's going on in the game.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:40 PM

It seems my tickets always end up being there and the seats have always been reasonably good. It's a hike getting up there, but that's true in most stadiums. I've been to around 25 stadiums and would have to say that the upper deck at your place is one of the better places from which to watch a game. Can't comment on the heat up there given our November match up. I do wish that Carolina-Clemson would always be played in the daytime.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic