Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Insider dirt if you want it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Insider dirt if you want it.

Mar 15, 2020, 11:13 PM

Nothing that hasn’t been hinted at/suspected,, but in TN, a mandatory 2-4 week quarantine is coming pronto. Skraight from CDC contact. At the federal level, an interstate restriction is all that’s constitutional, so state/local mandates have to be issued by those officials, and those timelines are what’s being pushed federally.

If you’ll notice,, everything is being gradually shut down in an orderly fashion....schools, sports, certain businesses.....it’s the boiling frog methodology....all at once would pretty much lead to riots and chaos.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will put a hurtin on business

Mar 15, 2020, 11:21 PM

Guess we need to figure out something quick

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not going to lie, I have real concerns about this

Mar 15, 2020, 11:24 PM

Impacting the viability of my business. I just went from Dec-Jan-Feb being back to back to back record months, and now I’m doing some back of the napkin calculations on what are the triggers for layoffs and who goes first.

My business, by design, does quite well in a down market. I never designed it though for a customer base who is locked in their home and fearing for their life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as our clients keep paying their bills, we’ll be fine

Mar 15, 2020, 11:30 PM

Gonna be some hard conversations once they start seeing their revenue impact and cutting back. Was setting up for a great year before this.

We should be good for 3-6 months, just cutting back on partners bonuses as needed. Try our best to absorb pain at our level and not pass it down to employees.

We’re not quite setup for entire office to work remotely. 1-2 at a time for a few days is no problem. Everybody has not been tested.

Things like setting up VPN for all, do we reimburse for internet, do we need to pay cell phone or ask employees to give personal cell# to clients.

Crazy times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for you my friend...

Mar 15, 2020, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Not going to lie, I have real concerns about this ]

These types of businesses are what will take a hurting over the next few months. Will any of these funds that are being released as a part of this "National Emergency" be available to you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for you my friend...

Mar 15, 2020, 11:36 PM

So far I read that additional credit lines or easier access to borrow money will be available. We don’t like carrying debt so this could be a new experience.

that makes sense***

Mar 15, 2020, 11:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yuck.***

Mar 16, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for you my friend... ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks franc, and the short answer is I don’t know.

Mar 15, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Prayers for you my friend... ]

I’ll be looking into it more this week.

I have heard the same thing from a CDC contact...

Mar 15, 2020, 11:30 PM

they are in talks of how to shut everything down without creating panic.

And yes, the "boiling frog" analogy is applicable.

They're going to need to speed up the process

Mar 16, 2020, 9:47 AM

Travel restrictions internal to the US need to happen quickly

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump announcement today

Mar 16, 2020, 10:29 AM

Wouldn’t surprise me to hear it included.

I heard they had that meeting yesterday

Mar 16, 2020, 12:37 PM

but I hear all kinds of stuff.

Hows the ski trip looking? Canceled I assume

Mar 16, 2020, 9:24 AM

My biggest concern is if these steps will be the precedent for future outbreaks. We didn't see this with N1H1, Swine or bird flu, the Zeka or West Nile viruses. Next time this happens do we go to immediate lock down?

Telluride shut the ski resort down on Saturday.

Mar 16, 2020, 9:46 AM

I thought about Obed but was sure he had something worked out.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sugar is still open***

Mar 16, 2020, 9:52 AM

update from weekend.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Hows the ski trip looking? Canceled I assume ]

Short version......FML

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/ClusterFLUck-2020-update-OKC-edition-26999603#26999603

That blows***

Mar 16, 2020, 10:29 AM

There was a silver lining though. No matter how bad

Mar 16, 2020, 10:30 AM

This all may get, I still don’t live in Arkansas.

Sugar Mountain is open. Very little snow, but open.***

Mar 16, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Hows the ski trip looking? Canceled I assume ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

REI has closed their stores

Mar 16, 2020, 9:45 AM

for 2 weeks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Insider dirt if you want it.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:38 AM

Interesting. For what it's worth, I heard the exact same thing this morning from someone in Alabama. I can't vouch for how reliable they are but they claimed to have heard it from a CDC contact and had it confirmed by someone in state government.

it seems to be consistent.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:43 AM

Mine is definitely friend of a friend status, but I heard the actual conversation on the phone so there’s zero room for miscommunication.

I hate to hear that.

Mar 16, 2020, 11:01 AM

I'm sitting on the fence about how far we should go to slow the growth of this virus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re doomed. All is lost. ***

Mar 16, 2020, 12:18 PM

Re: We’re doomed. All is lost. ***

Mar 16, 2020, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if I gave that vibe it wasn’t intentional.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to We’re doomed. All is lost. *** ]

Health-wise I think we are going to be fine. Economically though I’m starting to think we are taking a temporary dirt nap that will hurt a lot more than any health symptoms.

I think it's the segment of the population that can't seem

Mar 16, 2020, 12:44 PM

to act right in even the best of times that I'm most worried about. Neighborhoods home to million dollar houses that back up to trailer parks and ghettos will make for an interesting social experiment if everything is locked down for multiple weeks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re thinking about Chanticleer aren’t you.***

Mar 16, 2020, 12:46 PM

They need some sort of live webcam

Mar 16, 2020, 1:04 PM

So we could watch it like that Frying Pan Lighthouse live feed off the coast of NC when the hurricane was coming through.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First thing to go in a doomsday situation...

Mar 16, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to if I gave that vibe it wasn’t intentional. ]

Sense of irony.

I was being ironic.

Insider dirt for SC education

Mar 16, 2020, 12:31 PM

everybody is expecting this thing to last a minimum of 4-6 weeks. Most are expecting us not to go back in April either.

State is looking at not counting EOC and other state tests for the Spring

I like your funny words magic man

You may not be getting a summer off***

Mar 16, 2020, 12:33 PM

That's why we are doing e-learning

Mar 16, 2020, 12:39 PM

we are logging hours the students are working and we are working. Still taking attendance.

That way we don't have to make up these days.

So now I answer questions via email in my boat.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic