Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum ain't gonna like this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Finebaum ain't gonna like this...

Apr 12, 2016, 3:59 AM

I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to watch some television. It just so happens that I surfed my way to the SEC Network. Paul Finebaum was on the tube talking trash about Clemson. He was saying something to the effect that Clemson was not a formidable opponent against Auburn during the season opener. I literally almost fainted when he said that. I mean, I had to rewind what he said to ensure that my ears weren't playing tricks on me. Yep, he said it.

I wonder if he watched the same Spring Game that I did. I mean Auburn has a strong run game, but their defense is abysmal at best and they do not have a quality QB or WR group. I think Finebaum needs to retire like Spurrier. There's no way that he really believes what he says. I cannot wait to see Clemson beat Auburn by 3 scores in their own stadium for the season opener. Spot the ball and fire Finebaum!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Cant stand Finebaum...

Apr 12, 2016, 5:45 AM

he's an SEC hack...his ears hurt my eyes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ...

Apr 12, 2016, 6:52 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol! Good one! Funny bc it's true!!!***

Apr 12, 2016, 7:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Apr 12, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ...

Apr 12, 2016, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ... ]

Finebaum is a turd, and an uninformed turd at that...if he will check the Auburn staff, he will find Kevin Steele there and Watson will set new NCAA records on the Plains

Re: Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ...

Apr 12, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ... ]

Lol. That is classic!!

that. is . awesome***

Apr 12, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Finebaum is to the SEC as Goebbels was to ... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

he is just playing his audience.

Apr 12, 2016, 8:05 AM

I bet he picks Clemson to win come game day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somehow doubt this is true. Even Finebaum wouldnt say that***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:31 AM

Re: Somehow doubt this is true. Even Finebaum wouldnt say that***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:37 AM

I've heard finebaum say lots of good things about Clemson and Dabo. Hes interviewed Dabo a few times and has been very cool to him. Somehow I'm thinking he didn't say those exact words either. Why would he? Clemson will be a top 5 team and auburn might be ranked somewhere between 20-25. Even he isn't that dumb.

He might trash Clemson's defense, but not the team

Apr 12, 2016, 10:15 AM

Clemson's defense should take a step back this year and I feel sure that they will. They took a step back last year. It wasn't as big a step back as many predicted last season and it won't be as big a step back this year either, but you don't just lose what we lost on D in back to back years without some loss in production no matter how well you recruit.

We lost 9 starters two years in a row and last year, our DL lost every player who got meaningful snaps except for one and he was out the first half of the season and is about to graduate if he didn't graduate in December. We had two first round picks last year and will have 2 or 3 guys drafted in the first round this year. What hurts more this season is that we will have so many guys leaving early, particularly in the secondary.

Those are objective facts and Pretty Paul with a face made for radio can reasonably say that Clemson's defense won't be a stiff test for Auburn's offense. I think he's wrong, but despite being on the road, I don't think Auburn will be the team to test them. I expect the real tests to be ACC opponents, like FSU, Louisville, and potentially someone like Miami or UNC from the Coastal if we win the Atlantic.

Re: He might trash Clemson's defense, but not the team

Apr 12, 2016, 10:44 AM

WRONG! According to some of my sources, they had to remove Dexter Lawrence in the first two scrimmages because the offense wasn't able to get a play off. The Front 7 that we have this year is the biggest and strongest Clemson has had in it's history. Our Secondary isn't that bad either. So if they can't get an accurate pass off or run the ball then how will they score against Clemson?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

I dunno. How did SC and Cuse score on us last year?

Apr 12, 2016, 12:41 PM

Coverage busts happen, mistakes happen, sh*t happens. It just happens.

Apr 12, 2016, 12:17 PM [ in reply to He might trash Clemson's defense, but not the team ]

> Clemson's defense should take a step back this year
> and I feel sure that they will. They took a step
> back last year. It wasn't as big a step back as many
> predicted last season and it won't be as big a step
> back this year either, but you don't just lose what
> we lost on D in back to back years without some loss
> in production no matter how well you recruit.
>
> We lost 9 starters two years in a row and last year,
> our DL lost every player who got meaningful snaps
> except for one and he was out the first half of the
> season and is about to graduate if he didn't graduate
> in December. We had two first round picks last year
> and will have 2 or 3 guys drafted in the first round
> this year. What hurts more this season is that we
> will have so many guys leaving early, particularly in
> the secondary.
>
> Those are objective facts and Pretty Paul with a face
> made for radio can reasonably say that Clemson's
> defense won't be a stiff test for Auburn's offense.
> I think he's wrong, but despite being on the road, I
> I don't think Auburn will be the team to test them.
> I expect the real tests to be ACC opponents, like
> e FSU, Louisville, and potentially someone like Miami
> or UNC from the Coastal if we win the Atlantic.

Actually...no on the DL. Yes, we're very thin, and very inexperienced, at end. Clellin Ferrell redshirted (owing mostly to a broken hand he suffered in Fall camp), and Bryant and Yeargin played the bulk of their snaps late. They still look like three very good players; Ferrell in particular looks like yet another high-round monster. Did you see #99 bounding around in the Spring Game? Dude is a straight-up beast. If Xavier Kelly is what he was billed as, there's our 2-deep, and it's a very formidable one.

The interior is actually very experienced now. The guy you're talking about who missed half the season was DJ Reader...who is actually now gone. He was replaced by a guy who was then just a redshirt sophomore, Scott Pagano. Carlos Watkins started at 3-tech pretty much all year, and Christian Wilkins got even more snaps than Pagano did...so our top three got the bulk of the snaps at DT for Clemson last year, probably 80% or so. To that trio (which dominated) we're adding the most physically formidable DT I think I have ever seen at Clemson in Dexter Lawrence - and yes, I have seen the Fridge, and I have seen Chester McGlockton, and Lawrence is both bigger than even McGlockton (who was King Kong), and he's right there with William Perry in terms of freakish athleticism for a big guy. We're also adding a boatload of 5-star reinforcements at LB, and holdover LB's like Kendall Joseph and Dorian O'Daniel showed every sign this Spring they're going to be big-time players this year. I'm not sold our front 7 will drop off much if at all, and by year's end it could be downright scary. Lawrence and Wilkins look like the kind of guys who could easily be Top-5 picks, and there's NFL players all around them.

Yeah, our DB corps is depleted, especially right now in Spring. But there's a ton of really good true froshes on the way. We do have a pretty fair-to-decent starting 5 (if Korrin Wiggins can go at nickel back, anyhow), though the youngsters will have to step up quick if we're to have any depth. DB is our worry spot on the D.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:15 AM [ in reply to He might trash Clemson's defense, but not the team ]

Our defense will be a strong unit .
First game on the road in SEC stadium against a team that we should expect to beat ?
I say 31-20 Clemson .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It was the $EC network and Finebaum is the epitome....

Apr 12, 2016, 8:47 AM

of an $EC homer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Finebaum ain't gonna like this...

Apr 12, 2016, 9:14 AM

NOt sure what you heard or why he said it.. I listen to him everyday because I live in Alabama and its on local... he picks Clemson in his top 4..lol.. so I guess you just fell for one of Pauls ways to make big money... He would say ALabama sucks if he thought it would get his audience fired up..lol.. thats just Finebaum.

Sorry but i have a hard time believing even he said that***

Apr 12, 2016, 10:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

finebaum has those stick-out ears that saban uses

Apr 12, 2016, 10:34 AM

...you know the rest.

quite reminiscent of dickie v and ratface.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Our Dline will make Aubies run game nonexistent

Apr 12, 2016, 10:40 AM

I will say they accurately planned for their opener

Apr 13, 2016, 11:39 AM

converting 1 of 22 3rd downs in their spring game

Re: Finebaum ain't gonna like this...

Apr 12, 2016, 12:20 PM

That's not exactly what he said, he was saying that playing Auburn in Jordan-Hare is tough, even when they're bad. He was basically saying that it is a trap game and that we shouldn't look past them despite what their records have been over the last 2-3 years. That's true though, give any team a whole summer to gameplan for you and they will make it a good game.

I have his interview with Dabo on his show but don't know

Apr 12, 2016, 12:31 PM

how to share it. File too big. He says the opposite and during that day's show he talked quite a bit of Dabo replacing Saban. Bama call-in fans also wanted them some sideline clown. How do i share the mp3?

Found it online. Worth hearing for sure:

Apr 12, 2016, 1:02 PM

http://www.secsports.com/video/14377411/dabo-swinney-coaching-journey

That whole show is profound.

I posted that two days after it aired.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:31 AM

Nobody paid any attention to it. I can't imagine how anyone would think Dabo is interested in Bama after the way they treated him during the years he was out of coaching.

The headline is deceptive. He didn't almost go to work for Bama. He asked about work and they ignored him. Saban didn't want to hire him he just wanted Dabo to bring some of our Florida recruits to Bama.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know why it wasn't a hot topic(or isn't) but it

Apr 13, 2016, 10:35 AM

is my one and only concern with our FB program. Well 1 of 2, 2 being kicking off which we should just kick it out of bounds from here on out...

But boy was that insightful. The whole show would be great- worth reposting '88!

I agree, it's much worth re-posting.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:45 AM

The video's bullchit title is probably doing more harm than good. It sets a viewer up to believe that Dabo almost took a job at Bama which is far, far from the truth. People want to be told what to believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole show got spun from bama has an equal to we now

Apr 13, 2016, 10:56 AM

know who the next coach is. I assume they assumed their deep pockets would make anything happen regardless of how they rick rolled Dabo repeatedly and I'd say that is a reasonable assumption. That podcast along with some other insights given from Dabo has me thinking he'd turn down the offer. I do wear orange tri-focals tho so I don't trust my gut feeling too much.

Clemson will never see anything like Dabo in our lifetime. He is that exceptional imo

I don't think they are depending on money to get him.

Apr 13, 2016, 12:07 PM

Another trip to the playoffs and we'll pay whatever he wants.

They believe that Dabo still calls Bama home. I don't believe that's the case. He left his parents/mama for his wife. I'm ready to propose.

Finebaum is a genius

Apr 12, 2016, 1:09 PM

He jumped on the sec bandwagon and found a group of people willing to pay him to be delusional and extremely biased. He has the easiest job in the world. Talk up the sec no matter what and idiot fans eat that crap up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I don't think Finebaum believes a word that he says... he

Apr 12, 2016, 2:41 PM

is an absolute evil genius of sucking the life out of a primarily uneducated and unintelligent listener/viewer base. How else can you explain why a guy from the North willingly moves to and remains in Alabama.

He gets to play Bammers and War Eagles off each other daily and gets paid way too much to do it.

He is the smartest guy in sports media... I wholeheartedly agree with your post.

Re: I don't think Finebaum believes a word that he says

Apr 12, 2016, 3:15 PM

You are right on. It's hard to believe most people can't see further than what's on the surface of TV/media personalities and agendas

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I understand.

Apr 13, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I don't think Finebaum believes a word that he says... he ]

Who doesn't want to live in the south?

Re: Finebaum is a genius

Apr 12, 2016, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Finebaum is a genius ]

Dabo's BYOG is part of Paul's intro back from commercials everyday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum takes ###### and his neck gets longer***

Apr 12, 2016, 2:00 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Their jc qb transfer looks pretty darn good.***

Apr 12, 2016, 3:51 PM

Re: Their jc qb transfer looks pretty darn good.***

Apr 13, 2016, 9:41 AM

He will look even better laying on his back with Dexter Lawrence laying on top of him... Oh, so romantic.

~Chesty Puller

Finebaum is a puppet ... literally!

Apr 13, 2016, 10:11 AM
finebaum.jpg(16.8 K)
mortimer.jpg(30.5 K)

Have you ever wondered why you haven't seen him and Mortimer Snerd in the same picture?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic