Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum May be right...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,138

Finebaum May be right...

Oct 20, 2019, 10:24 AM

A lot of whining about who says what, feeling disrespected, media hates us, media doesn’t want us into the playoff, blah, blah, blah! Surprised some of you can walk with the boulder on your shoulder.

Honestly, Who gives a crap?

Just keep winning and the rest doesn’t matter, no matter what any talking head says. It’s completely irrelevant. Win and we are in. It’s that simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum May be right...

Oct 20, 2019, 10:37 AM

Exactly. I don't get why anyone cares.

perception and rankings determine playoff seed

Oct 20, 2019, 10:41 AM

why should a great team have to play the hardest route to a championship?

its the same reason federer wouldnt want to play nadal in round 1 of wimbledon... you work hard in the regular season to get what you deserve. clemson offensively is a very similar team and defense by stats arguably better... so why sneak clemson in as a low seed when the remaining field is similar??

Re: perception and rankings determine playoff seed

Oct 20, 2019, 11:22 AM

I want to play in ATL...give me 1 or 4 makes no difference to me. Would rather play Bama first with a healthy post-season roster than limp in to a NC with the possibility of key players out.

How do you know that?

Oct 20, 2019, 11:15 AM

What makes you so sure? For the record, I BELIEVE WE WILL BE IN IF WE WIN OUT. Unlike many others, however, I do not see it as a slam dunk. Committee members, despite the guidelines and criteria they are given, hear the same endless anti-Clemson drumbeat the rest of us hear. They hear how great Jalen Hurts is, and how bad Trevor Lawrence is. They are not singularly committed to making sure Clemson gets a fair shake like we are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I just can’t picture a situation where they leave

Oct 20, 2019, 11:27 AM

An undefeated defending national champion out of the playoffs. As much as ESPN would love it, It won’t happen. ESPN just cares about their ratings for their Game of the century with bama and LSU and would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. The way I see it, those 2 teams get to play for their shot...same as last year with Georgia. ESPN wanted UGA in so bad they could taste it....didn’t happen

Message was edited by: Pawsitive Force

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will never happen if you have faith in the integrity of

Oct 20, 2019, 11:41 AM

the CFP committee. From their own published "responsibilities": Attempt to avoid rematches of regular-season games and repeat appearances in specific bowls. There would be no "game of the century rematch".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Finebaum May be right...

Oct 20, 2019, 11:42 AM

So you listen to enough F-bum to know he calls himself itrelivant? Wow.

For the record, it does matter- not as much as winning, but it matters. The media bias makes a big difference! On the most basic level, they are trying to buy sec teams more wiggle room for poor play (losses or eye-test) and take any wiggle room we have away. It also effects recruiting, tv ratings, and enrollments. There is a ton of money involved here and the constant slander is not an accident. The SEC consistently threatens to take “their product” away from espn if they don’t fully support the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell us more about how it doesn’t matter

Oct 20, 2019, 2:56 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Clemson-drops-in-latest-AP-Poll-1940374?tstart=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum #2***

Oct 20, 2019, 3:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,138
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic