Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Final Four: Who it's going to be, who is should be.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 356

Final Four: Who it's going to be, who is should be.

Dec 20, 2020, 7:34 AM

We all know what they will say at noon today: Bama, Clemson, OSU, ND. Why? Eye$ on $creen$.

But here's APM's list of who it SHOULD be:

Bama - duh

Clemson - duh

TAMU - better wins than any other contender not named Bama or Clemson

Cincy or Coastal (APM'd go Coastal b/c of the BYU win) - they are undefeated AND won when facing their biggest tests, unlike ND, who shat the bed and whose only big win was at home against a depleted side in double OT.

More of APM's logic: Can Cincy or Coastal beat Bama? No. But neither can ND. Bama will kill ND (and APM will enjoy seeing that). So might as well reward a team that deserves it more.

APM also agrees with the "6 wins isn't enough" logic re: OSU. Sure, they're good and probably one of the best. But it is not fair to have a team that has only played 6 games, especially in a season with as much wear and tear on the teams as this one, to have the privilege of playing teams that have been out there since the jump battling each other AND COVID. So put TAMU in over OSU. TAMU also has better wins and deserves it more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TaM has better wins than ND?

Dec 20, 2020, 7:46 AM

ND beat Clemson and UNC. TaM beat Florida and Auburn?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A depleted Clemson team at home. UNC is a pretender.

Dec 20, 2020, 7:58 AM

A good win, sure. But don't you think Florida would beat UNC? And wouldn't Auburn (probably) too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A depleted Clemson team at home. UNC is a pretender.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:03 AM

Also, could ND ever beat Clemson if we weren't missing 5 starters, with 4 of those being great players too?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is one of FSU's two wins.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:14 AM [ in reply to A depleted Clemson team at home. UNC is a pretender. ]

Can't bold periods.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would Howard light up UF's defense?

Dec 20, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to A depleted Clemson team at home. UNC is a pretender. ]

idk. I could see it. I have NO idea how unc lost to fsu

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Tell me which team is showing up - the one vs Miami

Dec 20, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to A depleted Clemson team at home. UNC is a pretender. ]

would beat Florida and crush Auburn imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, SEC trumps ACC every time

Dec 20, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to A depleted Clemson team at home. UNC is a pretender. ]

just ask ESPiN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And lost to Bama in amazing fashion***

Dec 20, 2020, 7:59 AM [ in reply to TaM has better wins than ND? ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here’s the thing about the CFP rankings

Dec 20, 2020, 9:52 AM

They don’t release the initial one until week 8 because they “need a body of work to evaluate”

No team that doesn’t have a body of work that at least matches the initial criteria should even be considered.

Teams get left out due to circumstances beyond their control all the time. Starting QB gets the flu and can’t play or plays sick and they lose a game the should have won. Entire d-line gets food poisoning, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Final Four: Who it's going to be, who is should be.

Dec 20, 2020, 11:54 AM

Going to be:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio St
4. Notre Dame

Should be:
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio St

Selfishly want it to be:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Texas A&M
4. Ohio St

We would dickdown A&M by 4 touchdowns and I think Ohio St may be the only team other than us who might be able to beat Bama, otherwise Bama will coast into the natty

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly think Oklahoma is better than tOSU or ND or TaM

Dec 20, 2020, 12:02 PM

but they won't get in.

tOSU would get smashed by Bama imo. And we should handle them.

For us to beat Bama, no turnovers and make those third down plays. Must put pressure on Jones. It will be a ROY game for sure.

Replies: 11
| visibility 356
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic