Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m disappointed more fans don’t show up to basketball games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I’m disappointed more fans don’t show up to basketball games

Feb 2, 2020, 11:47 AM

I’m more disappointed when our team doesn’t show up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m disappointed more fans don’t show up to basketball games

Feb 2, 2020, 12:13 PM

What is interesting is that you have a contingent that uses the excuse for Coach Brownell that the fans do not support basketball. There was a time, before renovations, that Littlejohn was considered a tough place to play. Clemson has plenty of bandwagon fans, when they do not expect a boomer sooner episode with their wagon. Coach Brownell seems to have the team heading in the right direction, with the exception of our latest game. If it continues into next season the fans will climb aboard. If not, I don't think that he or his supporters should blame the fans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 12:52 PM

Fans are not getting paid millions to coach the dang team and fans foot the bill for the team and facilities. Coaches Players, admin. Etc. Are not footing the bill.

Fans have a right and obligation to demand more for their money. Don't want to hear from the fans then lock the dang doors and play in an empty arena and quit asking fans to foot the Bill's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Championships are won while the stands are empty.

Feb 2, 2020, 1:15 PM

We must have too many fans showing up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I've really only seen one person blaming fans for the losses

Feb 2, 2020, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m disappointed more fans don’t show up to basketball games ]

I'll leave the name left unsaid.

I don't understand how anyone could expect us to perform

Feb 2, 2020, 12:53 PM

well being outnumbered like our fans were in Winston Salem last night. Until these unfortunate episodes cease and our fan base turns up its game we have no room to complain.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand how anyone could expect us to perform

Feb 2, 2020, 1:05 PM

I didn't realize fans coached and played on the team.

When one goes to a restaurant and pays for a filet mignon, and is served a hamburger steak. One complains to mgr. And one is not likely to return esp. After learning this is common.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 1:11 PM

Don’t confuse fan attendance and cheers with fan support! It’s one thing to stand and cheer when all is right with the team. It’s another to support YOUR team through bad times. Clemson has many fans but a lot less supporter$ !

Feb 2, 2020, 1:30 PM

How many supporter$ are going to continue pouring their $$ down a rat hole that for decades has been an also ran in it's conference.

Supporter$ support a winner. See Dabo and the FB team.

I have no illusions that Clemson BB is ever going to get better. So, if Coach BB stays another 20 yrs. And the team performs same as past 10 yrs., I WON'T lose any sleep over it. We are no better today than we were when I never missed a game in the early 60's as a student. And the field house was packed for every game.

Filet vs hamburger steak ... good analogy, except

Feb 2, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand how anyone could expect us to perform ]

... we have always only paid for “hamburger” in our basketball expenditures.

For some reason, we expect to order hamburger and suddenly see a filet appear on our plate.

The restaurant analogy works both ways.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The town and the university have made it more and more

Feb 2, 2020, 1:26 PM

of a headache to come to the games; it's the worst weather of the year; the prices continue to go up; and the product once they get there is unexciting.

I'm surprised as many people come as do.

Feb 2, 2020, 2:38 PM

Field of Dreams -- "if you build it, they will come!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 2:50 PM

If the fans would stop showing up all together for the rest of the season, I can guarantee a new coach by May.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 3:02 PM

I’m really disappointed in the major IPTAY donors who have those beautiful seats and don’t show up. Looks terrible on National TV when they pan a game and see them half empty (even at Duke and Syracuse game). If you’re not going to show at least give your tickets to someone who will fill the seats.

They might be sending their displeasure to IPTAY

Feb 2, 2020, 4:51 PM

by not showing up.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

They are mostly showing up. The problem is

Feb 2, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m disappointed more fans don’t show up to basketball games ]

they have a buffet and a bar right above those gray seats, and there are tables and chairs up there to sit in as well.

The gray seats are just there as an option.

Probably a terrible plan if you want to ever have the appearance of a full arena.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m disappointed more fans don’t show up to basketball games ]

We missed the first game of our five-game pack due to illness. Hopefully we'll get to the four upcoming home games, but we'll be stuck in the upper arena while the empty cafe seats appear on TV.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic