Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fightin’ Texas Aggie checking in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Fightin’ Texas Aggie checking in

Sep 8, 2019, 9:52 PM

Just wanted to say that other than the score, the Clemson experience was top notch. My son and I arrived around 9:30am and tried to see as much of the Gameday pageantry as possible. Tiger Town Tavern was the first stop. Really enjoyed the atmosphere, food and bloody Mary’s. Talked football with several students And and older gentleman in a shirt, necktie and shorts who bought the shots. Salute! ( Thank you and I’m sorry I don’t remember your name).
Next we walked to campus. Wow! Y’all sure have a lot of hills and stairs. That was a challenge to this fat old man, but well worth it. The campus is beautiful and every Clemson fan was more than polite, and constantly asking us how we were enjoying the trip. First Class.
We made our way to the tailgate scene to the tailgate where we were invited (from this site). Just want to say thanks again to Lot 2 tailgaters (Ken, Steve and Gray). Enjoyed the visit and learning about the Clemson traditions, walk-in, Howard’s Rock and the hill. We were able to get up close and watch Dabo and the team enter the stadium before the game. We continued to walk around the tailgate scene and take it all in.
Then... the game. (Sigh). What can I say. We were just outmatched and we certainly have some offense issues to get cleaned up. I was really pleased with our defense being able to hold the national champs to 24 in their own house and even getting an INT off the Heisman front runner (IMHO). That’s the positive I can take away from the game for my Aggies.
We walked to the Esso Club after the game and man was that a crowd! Very cool place and wished we could have stayed longer. No available tables and we were starving. Headed back to downtown and wound up eating at Evolve. Great food and the hospitality was top notch there as well.
We wish you the best going forward and hope to meet you fine fans again soon.

THANKS AND GIG ‘EM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you had a great experience!***

Sep 8, 2019, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to hear about positive experience but...

Sep 8, 2019, 10:12 PM

...on your comment of holding us to 24 points see below excerpt from article....

"Offensively, there were still some missed plays by Trevor Lawrence and the receivers but once Dabo Swinney, Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott realized that Texas A&M couldn’t score, they essentially shut it down and decided not to show anything more than they had to."

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Second-Look-Grading-Clemson-versus-Texas-AM-18119#ixzz5yzNmHpls

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad to hear about positive experience but...

Sep 8, 2019, 10:24 PM

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Re: Fightin’ Texas Aggie checking in

Sep 8, 2019, 10:37 PM

Very good, glad it was a good time.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:38 PM

Does it bother you that Jimbo left off the gas when he was down by 21?

Sep 8, 2019, 10:54 PM

Sweet burn coot

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Fightin’ Texas Aggie checking in ]

My cousin and I said that we have never met a more congenial fan base. We even got to chat with parents of one of the A and M players in the Hendricks Student Center, and they were so complimentary of Clemson and their experience and the hospitality of the Clemson fans. While waiting for the band in front of the Calhoun House, we met more. One lady said that she could not believe the trees on campus. She said that they have so few and nothing the size of these. She said that she had already sent a number of pictures back home on her phone. Another lady was a former band member. and her husband was a former band major. I told them how much we have admired their band, but they brought only upper classmen, so we just saw an abbreviated version of their band. But the band didn't disappoint. One lady saw my ring and compared our to theirs. Somewhat similar. Just a joy to be around such a nice group of people. It's a shame to have to beat fans that are so nice!

Sep 8, 2019, 10:58 PM

Y’all come back now, ya hear?!

Clemson Rocks!!!
Tigers Roll!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not many fans from other schools get a high pulse

Sep 8, 2019, 11:02 PM

like you.
But your comments are great.
TAMU fans are the best in the $EC ... BY FAR.

Not a fan of your coach, but I am a fan of the TAMU fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The older gentleman in a necktie and shorts was

Sep 8, 2019, 11:06 PM

lightbulbbill® without a doubt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thanks for the kind words. aTm is my favorite SEC team.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:48 AM

Actually it's the only SEC team I like. HA!

I hope you go undefeated the rest of the year. Really enjoyed my interactions with the Aggies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the kind words. aTm is my favorite SEC team.

Sep 9, 2019, 9:09 AM

I totally agree with you on that one. Please curb stomp the coots and bull pups... If you play them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a good fan base but

Sep 9, 2019, 6:13 AM

be aware that being a SEC school can change that if you aren't careful. We see in your players and coach an entitlement mentality, superiority complex that looks down on other schools. The SEC has a way of making your team and fan base delusional, insufferable jackwagons. Hopefully the disease that is the conference doesn't make you like so many others in the SEC. You deserve better than that fate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have a good fan base but

Sep 9, 2019, 8:15 PM

Uncalled for insult to a guest in my opinion. Every league has their thugs and their nice guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for coming back and telling about your experience...

Sep 9, 2019, 7:15 AM

...we had some Aggies drop in on our tailgate, very nice folks. Glad you had a good time.
Hopefully you can come back when the weather is more agreeable.

Thanks for your kind words. I wish we could trade y'all for

Sep 9, 2019, 8:13 AM

Louisville or Miami or NCState or...

Sep 9, 2019, 9:13 AM

So glad you had a great time. My cousin goes to A&M and she has nothing but great things to say about the Aggies and the people in Texas. Hope the rest of your season is a huge success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 9:17 AM

glad you had a nice trip and a safe trip too

Sep 9, 2019, 9:23 AM

Glad you had a great time. We park in the Hendrix lot and had a number of Aggies drop by for food and drink and watch Gameday. Hope to have y’all back soon. Good luck with rest of the season.

Sep 9, 2019, 8:21 PM

Thanks and glad you enjoyed! Always nice to have a great game with great fans on both sides.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic