Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ryan Day Tirade ... thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 51

Ryan Day Tirade ... thoughts

Dec 21, 2020, 9:36 AM

https://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/showthread.php?t=135974&fbclid=IwAR27tWc64FDWZ-J9hrJQxLBtNz5cvsZVF3d2Z4b0QztEsy4Jl6kZydjj6CI

Plenty of coaches say things like this but...

- What does it say about the culture in the locker room - when this is live streamed? Breach of trust?? Lack of discipline?? I think so..

- Note that Day says ...We only have to beat them once....true statement ..definitely.. but indicative that Day knows what he has .. and knows he’s out matched ....What coach says this unless - he’s hoping to steal “one game” against a superior opponent...

- Reminds me of his remarks last year when he told his team ...to let them feel “our violence”.. expect an undisciplined showing from OSU ... they’ll be pumped up sure .. and probably flying around (out of position)..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a real classy guy

Dec 21, 2020, 9:42 AM

What parent wouldn't want THAT serving as the example for their sons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I get people are upset over the comments..I do

Dec 21, 2020, 9:44 AM

I don't like to hear anyone denigrate Clemson. But you have to step back any time some player or coach shoots their mouth off and provides "bulletin board material."
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO SAY?!!
"We really don't have a chance?"
"It's an honor just to be nominated?"

I can especially understand a coach saying something. He's getting paid really well to motivate. If I was getting paid millions, I'd tell them they could storm the gates of hell with squirt guns.

Re: Ryan Day Tirade ... thoughts

Dec 21, 2020, 9:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fifty bucks more says he eats it !!!***

Dec 21, 2020, 9:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Fifty bucks more says he eats it !!!***

Dec 21, 2020, 9:57 AM

Caddy Shack! Now that was funny!!!

Dec 21, 2020, 10:04 AM

My biggest thought on his speech was:

Why is he giving a pregame (or even pre-practice) style speech when all of their players are about to go grab a shower and go home?

This seems like something he would say before the first bowl practice or right before the game.

Why in the world is he trying to get his team fired up for them to head home and get some rest?

Seems like really odd timing and it super backfired on him since it was made public.

This isn’t BB material. Just a coach psyching up his team.

Dec 21, 2020, 10:15 AM

Now, the speech itself is kind of “meh”...is anyone still impressed with the F-Bomb? Ooooooh, he must be really serious to drop that on them. (Eye roll)

And as has been pointed out, it is not good that someone in his locker room saw fit to live stream that. What is that guy thinking?

Otherwise, meh. Non-issue.

null

honestly.. this is no different than most college coaches

Dec 21, 2020, 11:19 AM

behind closed doors. shock. they cuss.. they say things like this. he's trying to fire up his team. I don't like him either.. but PLENTY of coaches do this.

Message was edited by: MidlandsTiger87®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Dec 21, 2020, 12:21 PM

I love how the culture at Clemson is to play to our standard and we can beat any team. Obviously, OSU and Day haven't figured this out yet.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:42 PM

The best part of the whole thing is the very end, you can hear somebody say (we cant beat them).

Dec 21, 2020, 1:39 PM

Amateurish

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 21, 2020, 1:42 PM

Probably a guy who wishes he was at Clemson and not listening to this red faced whiny ##### of a coach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic