Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening.

Nov 18, 2018, 1:46 PM

This guy understands football, isn't an SEC fan and he was smart enough to get off the tracks. He believes the outcome of his team's season depends on Clemson getting left out of the playoff. I couldn't argue with him.

Not all Bama fans are deaf. A few of them can hear the train coming down the tracks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening.

Nov 18, 2018, 1:50 PM

He’s exactly right now let’s hope Clemson makes the playoffs. If we win out and somehow miss the playoffs All things will get very ugly very fast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 1:54 PM

Please explain how we could win out and not make CFP. Thank you.

Nov 18, 2018, 2:46 PM

Paul Finebaum has already stated that he has us ranked 6th based on lack of strength of schedule. ESPN talking heads will pick up his BS and start chirping it incessantly. They are trying to start a ground swell of propaganda to keep us out. They will claim UCF is being left out due to a weak schedule, and Clemson should be left out as well. They can get higher ratings with Oklahoma and a Big 10 team, to go with Bama and ND. Watch for it. Hopefully it fails.

Bama does NOT want to face us. They WILL start exerting pressure to keep us out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sence our SOS is better thanAla. where does he have them?***

Nov 18, 2018, 3:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening. ]

Paul Finnebaum??? LOL He is a joke. I doubt anybody at ESPN would jump on the train just because he said so. As much as they would like to control the selections they are left out for a reason. They would have 4 SEC teams in the playoff every year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening. ]

Win out and miss the playoffs? That is unpossible, unless your name is UCF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He was hoping Duke or USuCk would knock us off.

Nov 18, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening. ]

He knows his boys are toast and explained that many, many Bama fans think the same way about facing Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was hoping Duke or USuCk would knock us off.

Nov 18, 2018, 2:04 PM

That train is coming! And it all starts this weekend when we crush that last bit of hope of every USuC fan !

Fear the fist!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 2:11 PM

Another chilly night game. Anything can happen!

I really believe that the chickens will be able to score a TD in this game and maybe two if the scout team plays a lot. Early guess..... 44 - 20. Champs vs chumps.

Nov 18, 2018, 2:14 PM

I don't think Dabo will call off the dogs on USuCk. I firmly believe Dabo gets it. For the sake of Clemson fans he will run the score up on them. That gives us another year of 'We're SEC,' and us asking them where the University of the SEC is located.

Nov 18, 2018, 2:40 PM

Everyone knows the University of SEC is in Tuscaloosa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

TU!!!!

Lol.***

Nov 18, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I spoke with a Bama fan between games last evening. ]

null

Nov 18, 2018, 2:14 PM

Bama Alumni I work with has praised us all year, stating that if they don’t play a perfect game we will exploit them. But he has a lot of faith in the to score a lot.

Did you need a translator?

Nov 18, 2018, 2:42 PM

Is Southerner making fun of another Southerner's speech patterns OK?

Tua's health will be a primary factor

Nov 18, 2018, 2:54 PM

I can see a healthy Tua running all through Clemson's Defense on broken-down pass plays in the 2nd half when D-Line gets tired from never leaving the field. When on which has been most of this year, Tua passes like DW4 and runs like Lamar J. This will put plenty of pressure on Tiger O to score 30+.

Can the Clemson D-Line get to Tua in 1st AND 2nd half? Can our O-Coaches keep us out of the hole with better 1st Qtr readiness and play calling? Can our O-Line run block and pass block?

I like our chances much more vs. Bama in championship game than a 1-4 semifinal matchup. The less time Saban has to prep for Clemson the better. And the less time our coaches have to study Bama the better. Last year's prep was horrendous. I trust our 1st semester freshman calling audibles (the key to DW4 beating Bama two yrs ago) and our player talent level more than I trust our coaching staff to scout Bama's tendencies. But hey, that's just me. We've got a serious shot to take Bama down. Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: SocMan2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our inability to pass the ball was clearly the reason

Nov 18, 2018, 3:49 PM

we lost to Bama last year. The two previous years we threw for over 400 yards. When Ole Miss beat them back to back in 2014 and 2015 it via the pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua's health will be a primary factor

Nov 18, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Tua's health will be a primary factor ]

Our DL tired? Man we are 3-4 deep on DL. Now Bama's may well be tired 2nd half.

Nov 18, 2018, 4:03 PM

Exactly! We sub liberally to keep our D fresh. They don't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Tua's health will be a primary factor ]

Who says Tua will be around or even make it to half time against the Tiger D?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 3:06 PM

Was out in bama/lsu country last week, ran into many bama fans and all were very complimentary of us and we agreed that we will probably see each other often in post season in years to come

Nov 18, 2018, 3:27 PM

We have issues like everybody does. One is poor run blocking. Can't spring Etienne neear enough. Bamer won't have that problem. Although sometimes it comes out of nowhere, like Syracuse. One is poor punt game. I won't say secondary but we did get burned early on the confusing Duke sets.

By the way, does anyone who is a better analyst than me know why Tanner was playing corner for a few snaps? Seemed strange. Was it a match up deal?

All that said, I like our chances. Have to get to the champ game to win it and we have a better chance than Bamer. And I would not favor us agaisnt them but we have a shot. Some pundits say we are the fav at this point.

Nov 18, 2018, 3:36 PM

This guy understands football,

Doesn't sound like he does if he's arguing Alabama has no chance to beat Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 18, 2018, 3:51 PM

I bet he understand both Bama and Clemson would maul the coots any time.

Nov 18, 2018, 4:01 PM

Sure. There is a big talent difference between the coots and alabama and clemson.

Not so much between Clemson and Alabama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Feeling salty now that you're bowl eligible

Nov 18, 2018, 5:38 PM

After beating up on the Young At Heart club yesterday?? Better be thankful sister Jane had a hurt hip or Shreveport may still be just a dream.

Pathetic excuse for a football program. Always have been, always will be. Your fans are even more pathetic.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic