Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So why would I get the vaccine once it’s available?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

So why would I get the vaccine once it’s available?

Feb 23, 2021, 11:18 AM

I’m told that I need to get a vaccine for a virus that my demographic has a 99.96% of surviving.

And once I get the vaccine I still have to wear a mask, can’t go to the movies, eat at restaurants indoors, or see my grandparents

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1364279060512333836?s=21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His 15 min of fame

Feb 23, 2021, 4:26 PM

has turned into 15 months.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His 15 min of fame

Feb 23, 2021, 4:30 PM

Haha yep.

He is a very accomplished person, but I’m sorry he’s a complete idiot and a partisan hack.

His liberal buddies and supporters defend him being wrong at every turn by saying, “derp, it’s all a part of the scientific method”

That’s fine and I kind of understand. But that also means you can’t take anything he says seriously.

He's a bureaucrat and a fraud.***

Feb 23, 2021, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get it, no one cares***

Feb 23, 2021, 4:29 PM

So you can be neutered.***

Feb 23, 2021, 4:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^eye roll^***

Feb 24, 2021, 8:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get what he's saying but there has to be a threshold when

Feb 23, 2021, 4:44 PM

we move forward and return to normal life. I'm okay getting the vaccine and still wearing a mask...if 50% of eligible people have received it and there's still north of 500k people getting it per day. Or at 60%...but when we get to 80% or so...and they're only vaccinating a couple thousand people a day because the rest of the people have simply chosen not to get vaccinated...it's time to burn the masks and hit your local restaurants. People will get sick like they always have.

null

Re: So why would I get the vaccine once it’s available?

Feb 23, 2021, 4:52 PM

To help us achieve herd immunity? To prevent your parents, family, friends from getting sick?

Why wouldn’t you get it?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 4:59 PM

I will get it once I can do things such as visit my family and be indoors

Or I can hang out with my friends indoors.

If my behavior can’t change once I get the vaccine I see no point in getting it.

Feb 23, 2021, 6:25 PM

Why wouldn’t you get it? The more people that get the vaccine, the harder it is for the virus to spread, and when transmission drops —> we get back to normal. That’s how it works! And once you’re vaccinated, you can be pretty dang confident that you won’t get it and/or won’t get sick, so if you and your family and friends are vaccinated then you can sneeze into each other’s mouths and be just fine.

Feb 23, 2021, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So why would I get the vaccine once it’s available? ]

MT

I think this is a collective thing. OUR behavior can change once WE get the vaccine.

Also if you care what the CDC says (I’m guessing you don’t),

Feb 23, 2021, 5:01 PM

Fauci says he expects them to come out with new guidance soon for vaccinated individuals. So that may change.

Fauci is a ####### #######***

Feb 23, 2021, 8:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On brand***

Feb 24, 2021, 6:33 AM

#### other people. What's in it for me?***

Feb 23, 2021, 5:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you understand why you have only 4000 off upvotes

Feb 23, 2021, 7:49 PM

In 8 years? Should tell you something....

Re: Do you understand why you have only 4000 off upvotes

Feb 23, 2021, 8:06 PM

It tells me that I'm in now way shape or form concerned what internet strangers think about me.

cause he's a rah-tard?***

Feb 23, 2021, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Do you understand why you have only 4000 off upvotes ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: #### other people. What's in it for me?***

Feb 23, 2021, 8:07 PM [ in reply to #### other people. What's in it for me?*** ]

cac2011® said:

Not sure exactly what you mean. Haven’t seen my grandparents or parents indoors since this started. I haven’t been around friends indoors since this started. I work remotely. I get my groceries delivered. Other shopping is from amazon or pick up from target. If I go into the store I have a mask on. Going into the store is rare.

Now if I get the vaccine, per fauci nothing will change. So why the #### would I get it?

Are you saying you are breaking social distancing and masking requirements?

Re: #### other people. What's in it for me?***

Feb 23, 2021, 8:20 PM

The vaccine doesn't make you immune and you can still spread it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html

^^^l0l!!84!!^^^***

Feb 23, 2021, 10:00 PM

stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay sca

Feb 23, 2021, 5:38 PM

stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared, stay scared,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You don't want to get Covid - even if you know you'll "survive"

Feb 23, 2021, 6:13 PM

Covid knocked me out of work for almost 3 weeks - lost about 12 pounds - waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air will flat rattle some folks (me included).

But - once every one is vaccinated, we do need to get on with our lives.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 reasons. 1) CDC guidance for “vaccinated population” will

Feb 23, 2021, 6:45 PM

be significantly less restrictive _ much closer to normal social activities. 2) Vaccinations will lower infection rates and move populations toward herd immunity _ which reduces probability of new variants that could be resistant to current vaccines. 3) Oh yeah, your health and the health of family and friends that could be much more vulnerable to serious consequences.

But you knew this.

Re: 3 reasons. 1) CDC guidance for “vaccinated population” will

Feb 23, 2021, 8:09 PM

Tropical said:

be significantly less restrictive _ much closer to normal social activities. 2) Vaccinations will lower infection rates and move populations toward herd immunity _ which reduces probability of new variants that could be resistant to current vaccines. 3) Oh yeah, your health and the health of family and friends that could be much more vulnerable to serious consequences.

But you knew this.

That’s not what fauci said. Then again, he has been wrong at every turn, so if he’s wrong again and things start to open up I will get the vaccine.

He did say that. Today. That CDC will be coming

Feb 23, 2021, 8:59 PM

out with new guidelines for vaccinated people. And will likely be less restrictive. But you knew that.

Fauci is a midget that should be hanged from the Wash

Feb 23, 2021, 9:57 PM

Monument

Holy crap...do you not understand that he's saying that....

Feb 24, 2021, 8:42 AM

as we currently stand, just because you specifically are vaccinated, because the level of virus spread is still high that these things won't be possible yet. The yet is based on the level of virus spread that is not going to come down until more people are vaccinated.

Seriously...it is down right scary that these kind of basic points are easily digested. I actually hope that most people that commented and even yourself, didn't actually watch the video...or take the time to watch the whole interview and not the cut that someone served up to you.

We have a lot of people in the country that frankly need to stop being eff'ing idiots and get their heads out of their arses.

Get the gotdang vaccine so we can get back to normal.

Re: Holy crap...do you not understand that he's saying that....

Feb 24, 2021, 8:47 AM

Anti-intellectualism and conspiratorial thinking are a cancer on our society right now. It’s the internet age- everyone thinks they are an expert in everything. Why of course I know more about virology than Tony Fauci, I did my research with Facebook memes and YouTube videos!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic