Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fauci changed his mind on herd immunity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 692

Fauci changed his mind on herd immunity

Dec 26, 2020, 12:59 PM

Not because of science, because there can't be any new science on herd immunity concerning covid.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/much-herd-immunity-enough-131558469.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/6lzvP4lA_jbtQNjcmqHV5Q--~B/aD0zMDAwO3c9NDUwMDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/the_new_york_times_articles_158/5d23c4900292dc398d628f9b27e632fa">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when has that midget NOT changed his mind? how does he still

Dec 26, 2020, 1:03 PM

have a job?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Because he's not as dumb as most people think?

Dec 26, 2020, 1:46 PM

You know that changing your opinion as you learn more is a virtue in the scientific community, right? Almost as if FACTS dictate politics and not vice versa. Effin crazy, right bro?

Intentionally STOPPING your education and the uptake of new information when you're 15 years old isn't some kind of great characteristic, despite how much you may wish to demonstrate otherwise.

I agree with all you say about changing opinions. However,

Dec 26, 2020, 1:52 PM

the issue some have with his credibility is that he has changed his message, sometimes 180 degrees, on things for which he has not changed his opinion, which is bad enough, but which means he is stating some things as facts which he knows are not.

This - what we believe and what positions we take - has been more about ideology than truth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, 12 months ago hardly anyone had heard of the Covid 19

Dec 26, 2020, 8:45 PM

virus. I think where we are today with vaccines being delivered, compared to where we were in January 2020, the US has made unbelievable progress. New vaccines normally take 4-6 years of testing to achieve a safe condition. The Covid 19 vaccines are now ready for the first round in less than a year. An amazing pace.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we're out of peanut butter.***

Dec 26, 2020, 10:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not dumb, he's evil pure and plain.***

Dec 26, 2020, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Because he's not as dumb as most people think? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fauci or Crash?***

Dec 26, 2020, 7:12 PM

Don't worry,

Dec 26, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to He's not dumb, he's evil pure and plain.*** ]

Trump has been keeping him on his staff this entire time as part of a deep state set up. I cant say much more, but most of you will be Shocked and Amazed pretty soon and you will ALL be huge trump supporters when everything is said and done. We are talking life altering world changing stuff. I wish I could say more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last sentence in the article, the quote by Lipsitch, is

Dec 26, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to when has that midget NOT changed his mind? how does he still ]

90% of what we need to know, and should have been the focus of our policies all long. But it's not what we did at the beginning, and its not what the media message was, and its not what it is now.

Re: The last sentence in the article, the quote by Lipsitch, is

Dec 26, 2020, 2:32 PM

Tulsa,

Dr. Fauci finds himself in a unique position. He is a medical scientist and a public servant. As such he has to try to bridge the gap between the best medical research available and finding the public policy positions that will work best for Americans.

In a novel and changing landscape, I think he has done an admirable job of trying to meld his two responsibilities together. And he has done so selflessly.

Others here have already pointed out that changing one's mind in the face of changing evidence is a feature, not a bug, in scientific and medical research. I would only add that meaningful truths are far more dynamic than static.

Right. I responded to Fauci's practice of changing his

Dec 26, 2020, 3:12 PM

positions without new information. Being in front of a camera is no excuse to do that. Having a variety of responsibilities is no excuse.

If he goes from A to B, I now have no way to know which one he actually thinks is true, if either. Except for seeing him on TV, I wouldn't know him if he knocked on my front door, so I have no opinion about him personally. But the person in front of the camera has been very inconsistent within the realm of data that he does know.

I give up. Really.

Dec 26, 2020, 1:55 PM

No use.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never give up. :)***

Dec 26, 2020, 2:10 PM

From the article

Dec 26, 2020, 2:16 PM

Asked about Fauci’s conclusions, prominent epidemiologists said that he might be proven right. The early range of 60% to 70% was almost undoubtedly too low, they said, and the virus is becoming more transmissible, so it will take greater herd immunity to stop it.

It seems like the science of epidemiology is like the science of climate change. It's about making predictions, which involves a lot of uncertainties, and at the same time it is connected to policy determination in light of those uncertainties.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

What bothers me about that is Fauci, and the rest of the...

Dec 26, 2020, 6:20 PM

bunch told us back in March that this virus would mutate. I reviewed several articles and publications in medical journals which substantiated that claim but also covered another vital factor of viral mutations.

As it becomes more contagious it becomes less deadly. I presume there is a relationship between contagion and fatality factor in the mutation, not that anyone said that specifically.

So if we're hearing one of the characteristics of viral mutation why aren't they being honest about it being less deadly? That's my problem with politicizing epidemics. I think people reveal what suits their politics and omitting that which doesn't.

Imo, a half truth is just a nice way to say lie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he admitted to lying about herd immunity

Dec 26, 2020, 8:46 PM

to trick people into taking a vaccine and the lefties have no problem with this. How about give us the facts and let us make our own decisions.

I wear masks and will get the vaccine as soon as possible.

What if another pandemic like the 1919 Flu pandemic hits us. The over reaction for this was insane, for something far more deadly there is not telling what they would do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fauci changed his mind on herd immunity

Dec 26, 2020, 3:41 PM

fowlchi lied and people died

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm

Dec 26, 2020, 4:45 PM

masks are worthless

Dec 26, 2020, 4:48 PM

until they are almost fool proof

That's called manipulation.

Dec 26, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Hmmm ]

It's wrong and any doctor worth his salt wouldn't do that. I would have fired Fauci and Redfield back in March or April.

I've had to visit 5 different doctors for different medical

Dec 26, 2020, 8:55 PM

conditions in the last two weeks and even though I have been a patient for over five years at each office, everyone, including myself MUST wear a mask to see the doctors.

I don't understand why so many of you are angry over wearing a mask.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how you conspiracy theorists cruicify Fauci for

Dec 26, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Hmmm ]

something like this, yet you are perfectly okay with Trump telling people to inject themselves with disinfectant to kill the virus

not a Trump fan but how many people were injured

Dec 26, 2020, 8:48 PM

injecting themselves with disinfectant to kill the virus?

Still, there was this guy that thought he could

Dec 26, 2020, 9:03 PM

wipe it out with UV light internally. Have you ever had sunburn on your sphincter?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny how you conspiracy theorists cruicify Fauci for

Dec 26, 2020, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Funny how you conspiracy theorists cruicify Fauci for ]

Replies: 25
| visibility 692
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic