Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stadium perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,163

Stadium perspective

Sep 29, 2017, 10:04 AM

VT's stadium is approximately the same size as Ole Miss (not known for being too loud). Clemson plays in front of 80k+ every home game. Everywhere we travel we play in a smaller stadium. We've also played in several other big games on the road that are much louder than VT. I went to the Thursday night game in 2006 and was underwhelmed. I would probably compare the noise level to NC St. It's a cool looking stadium, but they're delusional with the intimidation factor. Also, VT had really good teams when they were wearing people out at home and developed a reputation for being one of the toughest places in college football. Guess what? When you're talented and you play a lot of home Thursday night games, odds are stacked in your favor to beat the visiting team on a short week. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stadium perspective

Sep 29, 2017, 10:23 AM

Don't underestimate the intimidation factor that comes from waving car keys around on 3rd downs ("key plays")!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's going to be dark***

Sep 29, 2017, 10:58 AM

Fans too close to vistor bench and they

Sep 29, 2017, 10:58 AM

throw crap, dump drinks, and spit a lot. (They use to anyway.)

Re: Noise level at VT very similar to Miami.....not that

Sep 29, 2017, 12:54 PM

loud. They are delusional if they think teams are "intimidated" by that place. I'd say TN and GA are somewhat similar to DV in terms of noise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 28, 2022, 9:23 AM

In their defense, it's the 3rd loudest in the ACC behind us and FSU.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:29 PM

If you count "piped in" noise, then I guess you're right. They do cheat a little in that regard.

Screw Calford.

Sep 29, 2017, 2:45 PM

Even without that, who in the ACC do you think would be louder?

Yet another post telling me that size does matter***

Sep 29, 2017, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,163
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic