Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly

Aug 18, 2013, 3:53 PM

I left before getting in the stadium and I have been going to fan day for twenty years...... the new system stinks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly

Aug 18, 2013, 4:02 PM

How is you not getting there a heck of a lot earlier than you did so you didn't have to wait in line forever "fan unfriendly"?

Aug 18, 2013, 4:09 PM

Awww, did I offend you? .... I wasn't the only one complaining...... Plenty of people were their early, including me, and I didn't hear any positive endorsements. I'll say it again.... IT STANK....

Re: Re: Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly

Aug 18, 2013, 4:14 PM

Yeah and I'm sure the players enjoy sitting there signing stuff all day for nothing lol I'm sure they would much rather take the Johnny Manziel approach. These guys go out of their way to try to make the fans happy, and I'm not talking ab the players. I'm talking staff, everybody. Fans at Clemson always feel so entitled, it's weird. Just appreciate the fact that if you would have stuck it out you could have had the same opportunity as everybody else that waited

Aug 18, 2013, 4:20 PM

Clemson fans feel so entitled ????? Where do you come up with that crap? We are no different than any other fan base.

How many schools still have halftime pass outs or let

Aug 18, 2013, 7:06 PM

fans go on the field after games? Clemson is more fan friendly than any other major school I know about. Having said that I'm sure anybody that went today and did not get in has to be upset.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Re: Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly

Aug 18, 2013, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly ]

I came up with that from listening to ppl like you whine. Maybe it is the same at every fan base, I don't keep up with them. It seems that some Clemson fans think that Clemson is suppose to be held to this higher standard and always think of the fans first. And that the fans should have input on alot of inside issues like AD, coaches and all of that stuff. Just seems weird, instead of just rooting and supporting ppl like you give unwanted negative opinions. Just my opinion tho, complain on

It would be absurd to think CU's AD would think of fans 1st

Aug 18, 2013, 9:02 PM

... especially on FAN APPRECIATION DAY. How's that obtuse angle working?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would be absurd to think CU's AD would think of fans 1st

Aug 18, 2013, 10:05 PM

So it isn't just ESPN and outsiders out to get Clemson, it's even the AD that out to get them. And not just the school, now the fans! Time for him to go after having a hidden meaning to #### off all fans at off all days FAN APPRECIATION DAY

What's with the "out to get them"? It was poor planning by

Aug 18, 2013, 10:18 PM

the Athletic Department, plain and simple. Who's decisions? I don't know and it didn't affect me, but from what I've seen posted, it should DEFINITELY be studied and addressed. As to your earlier post about "entitled", without the fans, there is NOTHING. How the fans are treated on FAN APPRECIATION DAY should be paramount.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's with the "out to get them"? It was poor planning by

Aug 18, 2013, 11:14 PM

Lol ok

imisscj, fan appreciation day is/was supposed to be a

Aug 19, 2013, 6:52 AM

"thank you" to the fans, for the support (and the money, through iptay,tickets,etc.) that we give the school. accept the fact that they dropped the ball, and they will fix it. i haven't seen one post on here that says clemson was DELIBERATELY trying to ruin anybodies day. mistakes happen, they are just expounded at an event like this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: imisscj, fan appreciation day is/was supposed to be a

Aug 19, 2013, 7:16 AM

I understand the meaning of the day. And yeah ur right, I was kinda just being really sarcastic and pushing alot of buttons, my apologies. But to me it just seems like certain issues are ridiculous. Ppl complained for weeks about how easy it is to get in the stadium and to the rock after the vandalism, and maybe there was no security and everyone was allowed to be around the rock, but it seems more security was there and more regulation and no one liked it. Not only did they not like it they complained ab such things as standing too long. Easy solutions to stuff like that, either don't go or bring a chair. And I'm sure Clemson will fix anything that they feel was wrong. But I agree sgt. the fans are a huge part, I just don't understand why ppl complain so much

Aug 18, 2013, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Fan Day ......very fan unfriendly ]

I would say fan unfriendly would be making kids wait in line two hours just to get inside the stadium. My kids just wanted to walk around the stadium and see the players. We don't really care about getting autographs. However, the only way to see the players is to stand in the autograph line. I would say that was being fan unfriendly.

Aug 18, 2013, 4:17 PM

Thank you for your common sense reply

Here's some more common sense

Aug 18, 2013, 4:28 PM

Stop going if it "stinks."

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Here's some more common sense

Aug 18, 2013, 4:34 PM

Wow..... Why didn't I think of that.

Re: It didn't "stink" before. They changed the format this

Aug 18, 2013, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Here's some more common sense ]

year. It was stupid and didn't work.

We had a great time.....

Aug 18, 2013, 4:29 PM

at fan day. We stood in line to see Dabo but I'm sure there will be plenty of disappointed folks.

The lines are huge!!

Aug 18, 2013, 4:39 PM

i personally think its a Great problem to have, think about it people are passionate about our football program

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 4:39 PM

seems like paw prince has a case of paw ms

Crump <3 $EC

Aug 18, 2013, 4:47 PM

As a matter of fact I am hungover after having attended a Clemson fan preseason party last night. Hey..... I admit I am a little on edge

Aug 18, 2013, 4:55 PM

that is all we ask for good sir, I hope you have a pleasant evening to make up for your troubles today

Crump <3 $EC

Aug 18, 2013, 5:14 PM

Wouldn't it be great if we had a party and no one came???Most of those players on the field today are in Clemson because we care! When we get to the point where no one attends events such as this you will see recruiting nosedive. Another negative report by the real fans.

GO TIGERS JOIN IPTAY

Aug 18, 2013, 5:15 PM

don't really care about autos but would like those 3 hours back to poke around campus...they should click everyone into LJ and stop the line earlier so people don't sit there waiting...jmo

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 5:16 PM

Waited two hours and couldn't get in. Met many great fans, but they are going to have to revamp the system to accommodate everyone, autograph seekers as well as others. It is a good problem to have, and I'm sure the staff will figure it out and improve things next year. It only makes sense that as more fans turn out each year, things will get more difficult to schedule.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stopped going Jams Davis's last year

Aug 18, 2013, 6:32 PM

THey had the running backs (merriweather, davis, and spiller) all at 1 table separate from the rest of the offense.

We waited in the running back specific line for about an hour. Right before we made it to the players, some jack wagon cut in front of every one saying "I waited in line all day (to get some other autograph) , why should i have to wait in a new line". We almost came to blows so i never went back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic